Next LS where? (Possible Spoilers) - [Merged]

Ogwom.7940

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Lonami.2987" said:If it were on my hands, the next release would be a Vision of the Past, featuring either Ryland between episodes 2 and 3, or Asgeir Dragonrender's original battle against Jormag, and episode 5 would feature the Frost Legion attacking Primordus.

I would also open the Dominion of Winds during this conflict.

Here's my complete idea:

QtEojGR.jpg

Few notes for how the plot could progress:

• Jormag and Ryland have gone missing, but there's no time to worry about them, for destroyer activity is on the rise. Primordus was last seen in Draconis Mons, in the Ring of Fire islands. He's still asleep, but something has stirred his forces, which have begun moving northeast.
  • The fifth and sixth episodes are set to happen in Cape Alcazia, a coastal zone between asura and sylvari territory. Like Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood Coast before it, the zone will be divided in two releases. The waters south of the zone are literally on fire, due to flaming pumice stone released by the volcanic activity in the area (so no apparent water content, allowing us to go underground below the sea level).
  • The Destroyer of Life has returned, Death-Touched by Zhaitan's magic. In the first part we'll cover the surface, where we'll have to fight emerging destroyers and evacuate civilians. In the second part we'll go underground, exploring ancient asura ruins, and defeat the Destroyer of Life once again.
  • The seventh episode will cover the Bay of Merchants, west of Lion's Arch. The destroyers keep advancing north, and we have to prepare our defenses to prevent Lion's Arch's destruction (again).
  • The eighth episode opens the gates of the Dominion of Winds. The tengu leaders are trying to stop Primordus on their own, too stubborn to let us help. Some tengu rebels let us in, but turns out their leaders were right all along. We save the tengu city, but Primordus awakens.
  • The final episode leads us back to Anvil Rock, an ancient dwarven sanctuary, where the final battle between Jormag and Primordus is bound to happen.

Ryland would play an anti-hero role, and the Frost Legion would appear now and then, fighting destroyers.

Tengu introduction is no coincidence, for they will play a prominent role in leading us to Cantha for the End of Dragons expansion.

@Lonami.2987 said:

@Lonami.2987 said:If it were on my hands, the next release would be a Vision of the Past, featuring either Ryland between episodes 2 and 3, or Asgeir Dragonrender's original battle against Jormag, and episode 5 would feature the Frost Legion attacking Primordus.

I would also open the Dominion of Winds during this conflict.

Here's my complete idea:

QtEojGR.jpg

Few notes for how the plot could progress:
  • Jormag and Ryland have gone missing, but there's no time to worry about them, for destroyer activity is on the rise. Primordus was last seen in Draconis Mons, in the Ring of Fire islands. He's still asleep, but something has stirred his forces, which have begun moving northeast.
  • The
    fifth
    and
    sixth
    episodes are set to happen in
    , a coastal zone between asura and sylvari territory. Like Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood Coast before it, the zone will be divided in two releases. The waters south of the zone are literally on fire, due to flaming pumice stone released by the volcanic activity in the area (so no apparent water content, allowing us to go underground below the sea level).
  • The
    has returned, Death-Touched by Zhaitan's magic. In the first part we'll cover the surface, where we'll have to fight emerging destroyers and evacuate civilians. In the second part we'll go underground, exploring ancient asura ruins, and defeat the Destroyer of Life once again.
  • The
    seventh
    episode will cover the Bay of Merchants, west of Lion's Arch. The destroyers keep advancing north, and we have to prepare our defenses to prevent Lion's Arch's destruction (again).
  • The
    eighth
    episode opens the gates of the
    . The tengu leaders are trying to stop Primordus on their own, too stubborn to let us help. Some tengu rebels let us in, but turns out their leaders were right all along. We save the tengu city, but Primordus awakens.
  • The
    final
    episode leads us back to
    , an ancient dwarven sanctuary, where the final battle between Jormag and Primordus is bound to happen.

Ryland would play an anti-hero role, and the Frost Legion would appear now and then, fighting destroyers.

Tengu introduction is no coincidence, for they will play a prominent role in leading us to Cantha for the End of Dragons expansion.

I like this.

I also think that by exploring Tarnished Coast we could possibly meet up with a long lost friend in the form of Malyck. I can see it happening as both he shows up in story and a vision of the past.

Vision and the past idea:Malyck has travelled to Alcazia Tangle in search of clues for his Tree. Here he encounters several creatures. Saurians from Maguuma, Destroyers and a Group of Tengu from the Dominion of winds. He fights the Destroyers and Saurians and befriends the Tengu. He asked if they have any information on his Tree and they don't but relay the story of the Ancient Wardens of Echovald Forest. This could take place after HoT and also have Mordrem that have spilled over from Dragon Stand. It could be found that many of his brothers and sisters where among the first Mordrem and he decided to seek the Wardens and ask the Tengu to help him to Cantha.

This is but a dream but it could be a really cool idea to try to establish that while the Dragon Empire tried to exterminate all the non humans some wardens made it North to the Tarnished Coast and have been living fighting destroyers and Risen.

• 4 weeks later...

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@radda.8920 said:we probably have the answer now. Everyone was wrong. We won't have any new maps until cantha.terrible...Except this is literally not even mentioned, or suggested, by the roadmap.

pnj > eye of the north for the next updtate, almost certain you will seeonly invasion like Living story 1...It saves them time by having the majority of their team only preparing the expansion.No more map to create so fewer people to monopolize

@radda.8920 said:pnj > eye of the north for the next updtate, almost certain you will seeonly invasion like Living story 1...It saves them time by having the majority of their team only preparing the expansion.No more map to create so fewer people to monopolizeWe already know theres more maps on the way from things all the way back in episode 1.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@radda.8920 said:pnj > eye of the north for the next updtate, almost certain you will seeonly invasion like Living story 1...It saves them time by having the majority of their team only preparing the expansion.No more map to create so fewer people to monopolizeWe already know theres more maps on the way from things all the way back in episode 1.

maybe with episode 7 and 8 ,and I'am not sure, maybe just a map to introduce the tengus at the endBut it is almost certain that we will have no new map for episodes 5 and 6, just invasions in Tyria with missions and the story.

I'd wait for confirmation from the trailer or something to say we're not getting a new map, but if we're not, then yeah that is a little sad but at least we've got a roadmap now and rough release date for the expansion.

It is kind of hilarious that they've already seemingly scrapped Strike missions and seem to be replacing the mastery system with somekind of reputation system.

I had assumed they had a large chunk of people already working on the expansion with the living world teams releasing what we've got, even if it's seemingly smaller content than last season. But if they're not releasing maps and had to move a bunch of people over to the expansion to help prepare then perhaps they had a smaller team working on it than expected and had already shifted a ton of people over to whatever their latest and greatest other IP is that will eventually get scrapped.

Kinda weird that these living story episodes keep getting lighter, and lighter, and lighter. But I'll wait till they're released to form a more solid opinion.

Just glad they gave a roadmap even if they haven't said a word on the legendary armory or wvw alliances or anything in months. Probably all stuff they had planned and then teams got shifted, cut, or they had to rework their entire pipeline for this expansion.

Feels like it must be a pretty chaotic place to work.

As to the reputations, I wonder what the benefit will be other than unlocking cosmetic items? Is it an introduction to Canthan factions or an introduction to new races? I'd have to assume new races are out of the question given the hesitation to add them in the past and the fact that it seems like the development team may be a bit smaller. At this point I'd be surprised to see any feature like mounts, gliding, or guild halls.

@Fueki.4753 said:This could also be an opportunity for them to finally open up the Dominion of Winds.The Tengu could be one of the reputations that visit the Eye of the North.

My thoughts exactly.

@"ArenaNet Release Notes" said:During global faction mobilization events, players can pitch in to train, rally, and build trust with factions both familiar and unlikely.

@Kalythsu.8350 said:That_Shaman revealed that there would be at least one other map (and I think this map will be divided into 4, one quarter for each chapter)

Really?

I wonder if they've found a way to make maps even larger now and this episode is going to be twice the size of our current living story maps? Would be pretty neat to see even larger maps in Cantha, especially now that we have such a variation in movement and mounts. Not to mention how little of Cantha could be highly vertical and how small it could leave some of those maps feeling.

Perhaps we'll be looking at the area surrounding Eye of The North?

@Bast.7253 said:

@Kalythsu.8350 said:That_Shaman revealed that there would be at least one other map (and I think this map will be divided into 4, one quarter for each chapter)

Really?

I wonder if they've found a way to make maps even larger now and this episode is going to be twice the size of our current living story maps? Would be pretty neat to see even larger maps in Cantha, especially now that we have such a variation in movement and mounts. Not to mention how little of Cantha could be highly vertical and how small it could leave some of those maps feeling.

Perhaps we'll be looking at the area surrounding Eye of The North?It could just be a core-sized map split into four releases.

Dry Top and the Silverwastes weren't released as whole maps, but stretched over multiple episodes as well,despite not being much bigger (if at all) than other maps.

@Fueki.4753 said:

Really?

Perhaps we'll be looking at the area surrounding Eye of The North?It could just be a core-sized map split into four releases.

Dry Top and the Silverwastes weren't released as whole maps, but stretched over multiple episodes as well,despite not being much bigger (if at all) than other maps.

They will never be able to release core-sized map now that we have mounts.

I can't find where he said that, but I could see it. I could see a 4 part map that's bigger than any map before (at least twice as big as drizzlewood since it's the same concept doubled), but if the plot loops in Primordus, I could see 2 more maps, one somewhere random to deal with destroyers and another one in the Far Shiverpeaks to deal with Jormag, the Norn, Charr, and everything else this saga is supposed to be about

@Fenom.9457 said:

I can't find where he said that, but I could see it. I could see a 4 part map that's bigger than any map before (at least twice as big as drizzlewood since it's the same concept doubled), but if the plot loops in Primordus, I could see 2 more maps, one somewhere random to deal with destroyers and another one in the Far Shiverpeaks to deal with Jormag, the Norn, Charr, and everything else this saga is supposed to be about

Judging by the teaser of the next episode and the teaser of future releases after, it looks like we'll be getting instanced invasion events in core Tyria and a few in living story maps like Thunderhead Peaks.

I don't recall Shaman saying there would be another map, but that might have been awhile back before the plans for this saga obviously changed.

@Bast.7253 said:

Judging by the teaser of the next episode and the teaser of future releases after, it looks like we'll be getting instanced invasion events in core Tyria and a few in living story maps like Thunderhead Peaks.

I don't recall Shaman saying there would be another map, but that might have been awhile back before the plans for this saga obviously changed.

Yeah, I have to wonder if this was always the plan or not. The fact that the portal tome had 8 slots for 8 episodes (and at the time it didn’t have an EOTN slot, that makes 9) makes me feel like there was obviously SUPPOSED to be new places in every episode. Where would a portal scroll for this upcoming release take us? I’m sad but if they sacrificed these releases for a better expansion I guess I can live with it, though it’s not okay for all living world in the future to go like this