The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

mortrialus.3062

I've been trying to come up with a mesmer e-spec that uses daggers but this is way better then what I had in mind. My question is how will it affect weapon skills that spawn clones? Will there abilities change beyond adding more hex power? Also, minor note, but would it be possible to add an off-hand dagger as well?

One last thing; At least one of the utility skills should be a stun breaker. I'll let you decide which one that should be

The idea of a light armor having to be in close range using a dagger is a hard no for me (elementalist can make this work due to the multitude of active mitigations and defensives). It's the same reason why axe is so heavily flawed. Make the dagger a ranged weapon and I'm sold. Loving the hexing mechanic.

But also straight up hating the name. Just name the entire spec Phantasm.

• 7 months later...
On 10/19/2018 at 6:44 AM, mortrialus.3062 said:

Anxiety is a new condition that can be thought of as the opposite of Torment. It does moderately high damage unless the target is actively moving at at least top nonswiftness combat speed at which point it will do considerably less, perhaps no damage. Anxiety combos well with movement impairing conditions like cripple, chilled and immobilize as well as stuns ensuring your target suffers as much as possible from Anxiety.

Hmm… has someone given ANet the wrong ideas? 😄

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Having spent enough time on Virtuoso

I think there's something to be said about how my fanfic elite spec changes the core gameplay loop of mesmer by turning F1-4 into debuffs you select and swap between during combat and then continue to empower with all your previous clone summoning skills vs virtuoso removing clones but its the exact same build ammo > spend ammo loop we've had for all our specs. 

Anet says what's supposed to be different about Virtuoso is that it's a shatter spec.  But literally all specs shatter as soon as they have a good opportunity in PvE, PvP and WvW including Mirage.