help me to decide a main xD

avexysv.9314

i have ranger, guardian, mesmer, necro and elementalist. all level 80. heres the thing. i cant decide which class should be my main xD. none of them wear ascended yet because i wanna gear just one class which will be my main. i was thinking maybe ranger. SB for open world ( im running viper condi rn) and druid for fractals and dungeon. so i only have to craft ascended for my druid cause they say exo is enough for open world. but ppl say that theres no druid in fractals. can somebody recommend me which class should be my main? the one that strong in open world and fractals or dungeon. and if theres any chance id like to go for support class in fractals :D

Nobody can reasonably tell you what class should be your "main", because nobody knows which class you actually enjoy playing and ultimately that's what counts. What someone told you about not needing ascended for open world is also true.

Here are the links for raid/fractal meta-ish builds:
Fractals: https://discretize.eu/builds
Raids: https://snowcrows.com/raids/ (after clicking on a class, there are more builds on the top bar to pick on that specific class)

Your best bet is probably trying out a few builds on each of your characters, deciding which one you like for group play like fractals/raids and then crafting ascended gear for that class/build.

• Confused 1

@"avexysv.9314" said:i have ranger, guardian, mesmer, necro and elementalist. all level 80. heres the thing. i cant decide which class should be my main xD. none of them wear ascended yet because i wanna gear just one class which will be my main. i was thinking maybe ranger. SB for open world ( im running viper condi rn) and druid for fractals and dungeon. so i only have to craft ascended for my druid cause they say exo is enough for open world. but ppl say that theres no druid in fractals. can somebody recommend me which class should be my main? the one that strong in open world and fractals or dungeon. and if theres any chance id like to go for support class in fractals :D

The only reason you need ascended for fractals is that they gate progression by means of a mechanic called agony. The only defense against agony is to slot agony resistance which can be added to ascended (or legendary) gear, but not exotic. The stat difference between ascended/legendary and exotic is only 5%, however.

As for which class to choose? I would say that it depends how serious you are about fractals. If you're really serious about it, guardian is technically the best class on the list because it's the most sought after healer for fractals (healbrand). But also, if you're really serious about fractals, you'd be best off training and equipping more than one class so that you can switch to whatever is needed.

On the other hand, if you're like me and you just want a build that can do it all, you could choose any of these classes. My personal favorite is elementalist. My weaver build is absolutely amazing for open world/story solo play, but I also do well enough with it to run T4 fractals without issue and I even do WvW roaming and PvP with it.

Here's some video of a few things I can do with it:

Fractals - T4 Thaumanova Reactor, Subject 6:

Story - Eater of Souls (Path of Fire):

Open world - Avatar of Balthazar hero challenge (Heart of Thorns):

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlROJQmFgDzSVSbA-e

You can also run this with fire/earth, which deals more damage and has better passive defense as well. I just like arcane because it has more of a focus on evasion, which feels better to me and works well in PvP/WvW (I have video of that on the channel, but since you didn't mention that as a focus I didn't include it here!).

Please note I am not suggesting this is in any way the "best" or "optimal" way to go. It's just a bit of a one-size-fits-all build that I enjoy for all of the things I do. Good luck!