A Firebrands AXE#2 (Symbol of Vengeance) delay/lock-up bug after weap. swap

Carnifex.3275

So basically as description says. Noticed this thing like a week or two ago. At first i thought it's a bug of Scepter#2 cuz usually in my rotation i use Axe#2 then quick weap swap and Scepter#2. Apparently it's a bug in Axe#2. Might be a hidden overcast or somethin. But when you quickly weapon swap after Axe#2 and you try to use a skill that has atleast a slight casting time (be it Scepter#2 or Sword of Justice or any other skill that has a cast time) you get locked up/delayed for like a 1 or 1.5 seconds. If you use Axe#2 and slowly switch weapon then it kinda works but if you do it in a quick manner you get really locked up on your next skill. Feels very clunky. Talked to some other Guardian players they all confirmed it's the same situation for them. After a quick swap of Axe#2 even something like elite skill "Feel my Wrath" just doesn't activate and you need to spam it until it activates. Only insta casted skills seem to be not affected by this lock-up/delay (like mantras).

(copied this from bug section so idk.. double post i guess. just wanted more guardian players to see it)

Not really no. U fully finish your cast time of vengeance (symbol spawns on the ground and cast bar goes to 100%) then quickly swap weaps and your next skill will be delayed / won't be able to fire. Unless they really implemented something but never seen anythin in new patches. For me it seems clearly a bug that they didn't notice. Adding a 1-2 seconds delay would be quite huge. If it's intended then DPS rotation should really change (maybe adding some mantra inbetween Vengeance and weap swap to make up for the lost time) cuz it's quite a loss in DPS too.

@"Dave.6819" said:So basically as description says. Noticed this thing like a week or two ago. At first i thought it's a bug of Scepter#2 cuz usually in my rotation i use Axe#2 then quick weap swap and Scepter#2. Apparently it's a bug in Axe#2. Might be a hidden overcast or somethin. But when you quickly weapon swap after Axe#2 and you try to use a skill that has atleast a slight casting time (be it Scepter#2 or Sword of Justice or any other skill that has a cast time) you get locked up/delayed for like a 1 or 1.5 seconds. If you use Axe#2 and slowly switch weapon then it kinda works but if you do it in a quick manner you get really locked up on your next skill. Feels very clunky. Talked to some other Guardian players they all confirmed it's the same situation for them. After a quick swap of Axe#2 even something like elite skill "Feel my Wrath" just doesn't activate and you need to spam it until it activates. Only insta casted skills seem to be not affected by this lock-up/delay (like mantras).

(copied this from bug section so idk.. double post i guess. just wanted more guardian players to see it)

Dude I've been struggling to understand why there was a swap delay... so Axe#2 is the culprit.

Hope Anet is aware of this issue, even if it is not a bug... it absolutely needs to be fixed for QoL reasons. I almost don't want to use Axe at all on my FB build.

@Saiyan.1704 said:Dude I've been struggling to understand why there was a swap delay... so Axe#2 is the culprit.

Hope Anet is aware of this issue, even if it is not a bug... it absolutely needs to be fixed for QoL reasons. I almost don't want to use Axe at all on my FB build.

What are you going to use then, sword (fury but no pull so you'd need to use more cc consumables in fractals), or mace (more block/heals , no cc)? If it's 10 man content then either could probably work with druid in squad.

Make sure you guys UP the thread in bug section tho cuz its going down already. Maybe anet pays attention more on that section then on this one. We need to make sure Anet sees this.

And yes Sayian.1704. At first i thought its just a swap delay or some bug on scepter #2 cuz i always use scep#2 after Axe#2. But apparently Axe#2 is the culprit. It puts the next skill after swap on "lock up".