Adjustments on Jade Shard Purchases

Can we have adjustments to the purchases we can get with Jade Shards in Lake Doric?There are only like 25 nodes and RARELY do you obtain 2 shards from one node and even sometimes only get 1 or 0 shards from them...leading to a 200 costed backpiece skin that looks like a scroll.

Comparatively there are other backpiece skins that are not as hard to obtain. Take for example winterberries can be obtained from chests AND the nodes and you can obtain over 40 per character, petrified wood over 40 per etc. but only 25 per lake doric is low...please adjust the skins to obtain them by half since there are multiple sources no for a backpack skin!

I NEED THAT SCROLL but 200 is nuts

I found Jade Shards to be one of the easier LW3 currencies to farm (beaten only by winterberries) - the zone is easy to get around, you have more daily quests than any other zone, plus the easy mini-dungeon at the top. Petrified Wood was the hardest, simply because there are hardly any nodes. (took me longer to get 125 of those than 200 jades). Even now, I head back to Lake Doric if I need a little unbound magic for something.

@Nazarick.9653 said:Petrified Wood was the hardest, simply because there are hardly any nodes. (took me longer to get 125 of those than 200 jades).Even now, I head back to Lake Doric if I need a little unbound magic for something.

To me, Fire Orchard Blossoms are by far the worst to gather.Draconis Mons is just a terrible map with far too many layers to farm in a nice manner.I still get lost there.

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:If you like PvP/WvW the end chest for the reward track gives 100 jade shards.

thats fine and dandy but for those that dont, how many times do they go to a jade shard node and get only bloodstone dust. they need to guarantee at least 1 shard...sometimes they dont even do that!

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:With how many nodes there are on the map, getting a guaranteed 1 every time would be too OP.

Just an FYI, there are 35 nodes per map instance up to a cap of 50.

I've taken data. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:ThehiponeThere is approximately a 1/3 chance to get a jade shard from each swing. Thus, the average is actually about 1 shard per node. But you will, in fact, get 0 from all three swings on the node quite often. About 30% of the time (2/3 ^3). This is counteracted by the times that you get 2 or 3 per node.

For fire orchids, if you do the druid stone collection, you have to plant fire orchids in various places on the core maps, which are then harvestable 1/day. I did that, parking characters there (some, like hidden garden and oasis, I already had characters parked), which allowed for fairly easy gathering of all the fire orchids I needed.

• 3 months later...

No problem with Jade Shards, but you do need to put in more petrified wood nodes. Like least 15% more then current at minimal. Guys on that map are complaining too. It is just hard to get since the villians don't drop. Even at times the petrified wood node don't contain a petrified wood. The idea makes me terrified.

The Ember Bay map is quite dry so it could certainly use plenty more nodes. I noticed only a select area grow petrified wood. Once you get to another zone or a higher altitude it is literally zero petrified wood. So please...