Error Code 10--Guildmate experiencing this since October 1--Can I submit a support ticket for him?

One of my guild mates has been experiencing an Error 10 message consistently since October 1. The last time he was able to log into the game successfully was on September 27. He did not try to log into the game between September 27 and October 1. The exact error code is 10:1022:8061:396

This guild mate presents unique challenges. He has been a very longtime player of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, but started to suffer from a form of dementia about 3 years ago. He still logs in, still plays, still enjoys the game immensely (even though we tell him which skills to use, where to look on his UI, etc.), so being unable to play cuts him off from a lot of social support, especially during these COVID days. He and I have played together for nearly 2 decades and he called on me to help him troubleshoot the problem.

I talked him through how to reset his modem and router. I had him turn his computer off and reboot. He still experiences an error 10. He had a close friend in another state try to log into his account, and that person was also greeted by the same error code, suggesting that it's a server-side issue, not a client-side problem.

I spent 1.5 hours trying to talk him through how to submit a support ticket, but he's flummoxed by the captcha test. Additionally, his faculties degrade as he becomes fatigued and frustrated (example: he started having problems typing in his email address). I know that I have enough information about his situation that I could submit a ticket on his behalf. Is that possible?

Thank you.

I know it's problematic. I think his resources are extremely limited.

I think that trying to get him to check any error log at any specific location is going to be nearly impossible. I can see if he can get his wife to check, but I know that if I do some more over the phone tech support for him, it'll probably take me an hour to talk him through how to find that folder, and even then he will likely get lost in the process and I will have no way of knowing exactly what he sees. It would be easier if he would allow Zoom to be loaded, as he could then share his screen and I could see what he sees. Unfortunately, he distrusts Zoom.

I managed to get him to enlist his wife for help. Between the two of them, they managed to find the email confirming his original preorder of the game along with the serial number. He also has submitted a ticket to ArenaNet Support with the information about his login error, his game serial number, his original character, his display name, etc. I know he received the automated response.

I know that CS has been slow due to the corona virus, but I do hope that his situation can be resolved by looking at his account from the server side of things. I strongly suspect that something got fubared after the September 29 update.

Thanks to all of you, and a special thanks to Leo.3428 for pointing out that the Error 10 code isn't mentioned in the common error codes.