What legendary armor is the best for a Raider?

Heyo,I have just completed the legendary armor collection and still dont know what armor to chose.I want a armor set that i can use for multiple meta builds but I dont know which one those are...

(I currently have a set of ascended Beserker, viper and harrier heavy armor)

Any tipps?

You asked this question in the Players Helping Players forum.

The answer there still applies here:The armor which will be most useful will be the one for the classes you play the most or intend to play the most.

No one can advise you on which armor to get since no one here knows which classes you can play, intend to play or enjoy to play.

If you are unable to make this decision yourself now, then wait until you are ready to commit to a weight class.

No one can advise you on which armor to get since no one here knows which classes you can play, intend to play or enjoy to play.

Thanks for the answer.?But I dont really have a class that I play, I just want to know what class would have the best usage in raiding or fractals.Because I dont really mind what class I play, I have every class on lvl. 80 so I could play everything.

@"finfunny.9632" said:

Thanks for the answer.?But I dont really have a class that I play, I just want to know what class would have the best usage in raiding or fractals.Because I dont really mind what class I play, I have every class on lvl. 80 so I could play everything.

Honestly people will say gardian or mesmer, but in reality, any class have thousands of build if you play it to min max it, if you really don't care go for theses two class, but in reality, even the class with the less meta build of the game will have a dozen build from the fact that every endgame endboss is better with some runes, or some sigils/stats from 5% to even 20% more dps for the damage build only, it's worst for the support builds that have so many variants.

So if you have a main, go for it, if you don't gardian/mesmer if you stick to "satic meta build" and don't care about the last min maxing on each ecounter

@"finfunny.9632" said:

Well then the decision comes down to:

• which classes or weight class do you have the least ascended of and how many varieties of ascended setups are used on that weight class?
  • how much demand is there for each armor weight class? (aka which classes x builds x sets comes out the most expensive)
  • how willing are you to play more difficult classes or learn more difficult rotations or sequence of skills?
  • how many of these builds can be created easily with exotic armor as temporary solution? (hint: exotic berserker armor is probably the easiest meta gear one can get)

So:Heavy:Overall between the 3 weight classes, heavy armor is probably the most used class at the moment. Warrior has a guaranteed slot due to banners and is a very easy power and condi dps. Guardian is an all-round talent with multiple meta builds which can be run. Revenant is an excellent condi damage class and unmatched alacrity support class.

Downside here, you already have multiple ascended heavy armors for the most strait forward builds.

Medium:Druid is the go-to first support and has nearly a guaranteed spot in any raid, similar to banner warrior, due to it's might and fury generation as well as utility. Soulbeast is a great power dps and a easy mode condi dps. Engineer has great power and condi dps builds. Thief is one of the easiest power dps and only rarely sees play as a boon thief in groups.

Downside here, most of the damage builds for this weight class can be easily created with berserker exotic armor.

Light:Light armor has mesmer and all it's variations of builds, most of which are meta or in high demand. On top of that you have necromancer which is a simple condi or power dps and great carry as heal scrouge. Finally to round it off elementalist has again a very strong heal build, power and condi damage builds but can be challenging for a new player due to the classes complexity.

Downside here, playing mesmer/chrono will put you in a 1 class "jail" almost guaranteed.

There is no armor weight which is "best" atm. It all depends on which classes you want to play now and in the future. That is why I recommended to potentially wait with this decision until you have a roster of classes that you play.

There is no armor weight which is "best" atm. It all depends on which classes you want to play now and in the future. That is why I recommended to potentially wait with this decision until you have a roster of classes that you play.

Thank you for really Informational answer!?

I do play my BS a lot, but I already own a Beserker and viper ascended set for her so that wouldn't be worth it.If you're saying that a Dudu has a Spot in lots of raids I would probably got for a Medium set.

Thank you!! ?

@finfunny.9632 said:

i'd say

light: mesmer (tons of gear option for power tank + mir + cchr + pch)

medium: ranger ( drood need some gear swap if tanking, condi drood, pSlb, cSlb)

heavy: guard (hfb need some gear swap if tanking, Qfb, Cfb, Dh, Dh virtue) or ren (alac need some gear swap if tanking, Cren, heal ren)

i recommand those as they require a lot of stats swap compare to other classe imo. might be wrong though.but as mentionned earlier its best for you to put it on a class you play/like to playbut its acc bound so even if you change your mind it's possible to swap it to another charr with same armor quality

Legendary or not legendary doesnt matter, it have the same stats grade as ascended armor

If you play two different builds, I personally run two different sets of ascended gears

but it's good when playing a single build that needs slight adjustments based on group make up or encountersfor example Condi QB, https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Quickness_Support_Condi_DPS