Buried Insight - Bugged

@Nedmonds.3195 said:Im playing HOT quest line.Came to this quest and cannot progress due to Taimi just standing beside the point non stop. Not moving, not doing anything.

This is a known bug and its actually stopping my progress. Why hasn't this been fixed?!?!

I'm not sure that there's a bug, known or otherwise. There's a spot early on when I always think I can go ahead (and I do) and then Taimi doesn't move. Instead, I'm supposed to take a look at something first. I think I've done that story 10 times and I've forgotten 5 times to do that. It's very frustrating right up until I remember to do it.

Here is a note from the Wiki:
Sometimes Taimi may stall after the line "I think so. We're almost right on top of the source!" and will not move forward. The only way this can be avoided is to defeat the golem that spawns and walks down the path before Taimi reaches the area.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Buried_Insight#Walkthrough

Good luck.

• 9 months later...

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Nedmonds.3195 said:Im playing HOT quest line.Came to this quest and cannot progress due to Taimi just standing beside the point non stop. Not moving, not doing anything.

This is a known bug and its actually stopping my progress. Why hasn't this been fixed?!?!

I'm not sure that there's a bug, known or otherwise. There's a spot early on when I always think I can go ahead (and I do) and then Taimi doesn't move. Instead, I'm supposed to take a look at something first. I think I've done that story 10 times and I've forgotten 5 times to do that. It's very frustrating right up until I remember to do it.

It's a bug ffs ! She just stands still after the fight to protect her at the second pylon. I've walked all around the instance to try and trigger her to move to no avail, I have restarted the quest, the same thing happens. It's 2018, this bug was reported years ago and the expansion is what 3 or more years old now, and it's obviously still not fixed. That's totally unacceptable, I can't get a response from a GM in game, if anet even have them, again that's not acceptable.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is still bugged. Enemies killed and she not moving. She even took part in attacking enemies. I am out of wits here. Looking at the number of people reported, it is strange the GW2 developers continue to ignores this bit.

UPDATE:Okay update for the community, there some lone enemies Taimi bot and assistant can take care of so stay the f out. She would auto pilot to final destination which is some lab. And a huge veteran scorpion should spawn. That is when you need to take it out. By then you would realize the "Follow Tami" tag is finished.

• 2 months later...

My wife and I had this glitch today (Jan. 2021). After reading this post, we restarted the mission and just slowed down. The first time we jumped right into combat and annihilated everything before it had even finished spawning. I think the reason everyone is having issues on the first 4 pilons is because they go to fast. After the 4th, veterans start spawning and they take longer to kill. Just make sure you slow down, let the nps's engage the mobs and then kill them. This worked for us on our 2nd attempt.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

February 2023 (yes, its a necro, I don't care.): bug still exists. Seriously, ANet, this is main story and has been ongoing for years? I reiterate prior commenters: I ain't got the patience to log in/ log out and hope it eventually fixes itself (not to mention having to redo the entire thing from the start every. Single. time. and be unable to skip the dialogue cutscenes)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...