Best DPS Class

So after playing Druid for a lot of time I decided to try to switch to DPS. But I cant decide which class to pick. Specifically I am looking for a profession with great dps thats viable-great in Fracts/Raids and many people are looking for it in LFG(also not boring like SB). I have excluded Necro - Ele - Ranger from that list.Also I would appreciate if you could also give me some details on the professions that you will choose.

I would recommend you Dragonhunter, since it's been consistently shown to be viable in Raids and Fractals over the years, while being rather pleasant to play and easy to pick up.It brings a lot of utility to the table in Fractals while performing great as DPS, is capable of doing some skips and a viable DPS on any Power Damage Raid boss.A combination of the ability to pull adds, optional utility like Stability or Reflects etc., good cleave as well as high burst makes it a great choice for almost everything.

@"Raizel.8175" said:There is no "best dps" - just play what's fun for you.

there will allways be a "best in slot" that in the certain conditions they are presented with( squad comp, instabs, roles,...), will perform better then others

i fail to see what makes you think otherwise

@melandru.3876 said:

@"Raizel.8175" said:There is no "best dps" - just play what's fun for you.

there will allways be a "best in slot" that in the certain conditions they are presented with( squad comp, instabs, roles,...), will perform better then others

i fail to see what makes you think otherwise

Yes, there’s some builds that are consistently worse than others, but the “best” dps varies boss to boss. It’s not like 2 years ago where staff Weaver was the be-all end-all for best dps. That might be what melandru was trying to get at.

@"TanksK.4795" said:

But since you excluded necro.People usually look for Dh, DD and MirageDh - good dps, block, good heal, good mobility, medium cc.DD - good dps, good CC.Mirage - good dps for current condi bosses.

I know that Reaper/Scourge are op but thats my main WvW Class and I have specific rotations there and I do not want to have the same class for everything.

Holosmith, Dragonhunter, Daredevil and Weaver are the best ones for DPS.I struggled to change from p-reaper to weaver for the past few weeks, as p-reaper does an awesome dps with much higher sustain - but I am finally getting the grip of weaver.I am currently playing weaver and have out-dpsed many Holos, DHs and DDs with it on T4s, but I have also been on groups that the Holo or DH out-dpsed me when there were short fights, as their burst is much higher. With proper support, weaver is the best imo. But in the end, it all goes down to how good you are in the rotation. If a p-reaper is doing 12k dps while I am at 25k on weaver, he is messing up his rotation pretty bad.

• 1 year later...

@pinguadoido.6581 said:Holosmith, Dragonhunter, Daredevil and Weaver are the best ones for DPS.I struggled to change from p-reaper to weaver for the past few weeks, as p-reaper does an awesome dps with much higher sustain - but I am finally getting the grip of weaver.I am currently playing weaver and have out-dpsed many Holos, DHs and DDs with it on T4s, but I have also been on groups that the Holo or DH out-dpsed me when there were short fights, as their burst is much higher. With proper support, weaver is the best imo. But in the end, it all goes down to how good you are in the rotation. If a p-reaper is doing 12k dps while I am at 25k on weaver, he is messing up his rotation pretty bad.

Hi can i add u up?