For PVE: condi mirage/power chrono

Blackrystal.3508

@Blackrystal.3508 said:Is it better the chrono or the mirage?

Better at what?

Gonna copy this from leo:

1 tell us if you are open to playing mirage only, or if you can play core/chrono too.2 tell us what content you are interested the most, build that works in open world might not work in fractals/raids3 tell us your general playstyle4 tell us if you have gear5 tell us if you prefer condition damage or power damage

We can only help as much as how you give us.

So far it looks like power chrono.

Preferences could be a bit better elaborated. Examples:

2 I want to solo bounties/legendaries / I’m just interested in ‘solo content’ (story, non-group open world events/mobs) / I’m a solo player queuing on lfg rather than in a group / etc.3 I like being highly mobile / I’m lazy and prefer to spam #1 / I don’t like dying / I prefer range/melee / I enjoy being glassy and bursting down trash mobs / etc.4 I have ‘x’ stat gear(s) atm / I have rare/exotic/asc gear / I do/do not have the money to spend on new gear, this is (roughly) how much money I’m can spare / etc.

Condi Chrono.It's fun.

PvE version of all Chrono Shatters are pretty strong.Yur mainly gonna aim for a Sceptre/Torch - Pistol build which allows yu to apply alot of conditions immediately similar to a burst and the clones generated can be used to cast Rewinder which gets cooldown refunded for each clone shattered.

Chrono is also good for Power builds.Shatter builds, Phantasm builds are all fun.

Or yu could play around with a hybrid.

@Blackrystal.3508 said:2 i am a solo player (pve boss)

3 i like burst from mid - close range and have high mobility and survival4 i have berserker stat5 i like power damage than Condition

Just working with what you’ve given.

I see a strong preference for power, and I feel as though you already know what you want, but I’ll pretend that I don’t. You actually have three straight-up options for power:

• power chrono
  • power core
  • power mirage

I’ve listed all these since you supposedly want to solo bosses, but want bursty dmg. You also mention some degree of mobility. Sadly, they don’t mix very well. However, I can tell you that:

• core and mirage are burstier than chrono, but fall off significantly on bosses
  • mirage has trash dmg and is majority only useful on trash mobs
  • mirage is probably the only one with any useful (and convenient) mobility
  • chrono and power in general isn’t good for soloing bosses if you need additional survivability, dmg plummets as a result (power is best played as glass)
  • none of the these truly fight at mid-range. They are either in melee or kiting from long range

Ironically, if you are able to sacrifice bursty dmg and run condi, condi mirage satisfies most of the other criteria, can be built tanky and can actually function at mid range (depending on build ofc). Condi chrono is niche but is also similar. In fact, condi is usually advised whenever considering soloing group content because it is fairly lenient and flexible.

I came back to the game at the beginning of the year, Mesmer was one of my mains when I left years ago. I started off with Axe Mirage (Condi) and really enjoyed it. I'm normally a power player though, so recently I switched to power Chrono. After gritting my teeth for a couple of weeks, I'm back to Mirage. There's just something wonderfully fluid and fun about Mirage play style.

Axe Mirage is melee and incredibly bursty in spite of being condi. It's also crazy survivable. In situations where you need to trade out for even more survivability, you can swap out for staff for near invulnerability at the cost of damage.

If you like Power more than condi, then go Power, simple as that. For pve solo it doesn't really matter. Just take Marauder gear instead of full Berserker, because surivability on Power Mesmer is a bit weaker than condi builds. Especially condi Staff Trailblazer Mirage is probably the best solo build out there: you can solo almost everything. But it's boring and dmg is low and you don't Shatter your clones, which destroys the fun of Mesmer's playstyle imo. But if you like to play a more relaxing, super easy and unkillable spec, just go condi mirage Staff + whatever you like for a second weapon set: Scepter + Torch, or Axe +torch/Pistol. It doesn't really matter as long as you stick most of the time with your Staff, because Staff is the only condi weapon which grants you superb survivability. Axe and Scepter are only used for trash mobs and when you need a higher dps.Even though condi Staff is superior in terms of survivability, I more enjoy GS + double Sword chrono (or Power Mirage is not bad either) atm: Greatsword is my favorite ranged weapon and the burst is great. And Chronomancer is a lot of fun. I know that "fun" is subjective ... I just like to play what suits my playstyle and not a spec with best performance.

I think you're better off with cmirage, honestly. It's really the strongest option for solo PvE. It has good enough area burst that trash clearing isn't painful and solid damage in longer fights. But the real magic is that it's one of the most effortlessly survivable builds you can play for open world/story content. If you want a "solo everything" build, cmirage is top tier!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you're better off with cmirage, honestly. It's really the strongest option for solo PvE. It has good enough area burst that trash clearing isn't painful and solid damage in longer fights. But the real magic is that it's one of the most effortlessly survivable builds you can play for open world/story content. If you want a "solo everything" build, cmirage is top tier!

Why I totally agree, I must add--so long as you add Torment runes to your armor.

Why I totally agree, I must add--so long as you add Torment runes to your armor.

Not necessarily. It still has good survivability without torment runes. You have 100% uptime on vigor and an evade on low CD, axe 3. Add the endurance sigil on weapon swap (forgot its name), and you can easily get between 30-40% evade uptime. Time it correctly and you can avoid most incoming attacks. And you should have 2 sec projectile reflection on dodge.