BAD GAMING EXPERIENCE

i play gw2 from 2013 and when i started the game, it run with no issues perfect state of art, but now from some months (like more than 6 for some pp) the game form and other pp i asked from random guys in game to guidmates and frends run very very bad both in terms of fps and PING issues, like start the game run smoother lower from 80 to 100 that's optimal (and it was my usual ping on this game) then it goes insane like 2000k or similar 700 500 300 1200 3000 for some seconds or more and it can lead to the "connection error" message or disconnection, best solution is to reset modem or restart game but the issue can appen again, i play other games online and this one is the only one with those kind of problems. Also there are graphical issues and bad fps like texture not loading correctly at start or long chargement, also in this case i can tell you is not my pc but the game itself becouse in the past this never happens, and my other pc game don't have this also the last relases i play on ultra no pop texture issue so my hardware and soft is ok all updated and checked.

What are your specs? Are you still playing on your 2013 PC with no upgrades?Compared to 2013 the game is much more demanding to run now.Since then they've added megaservers. That means much more packed areas, and now also mounts flying around and much more demanding flashy skins to load in. There are a lot more calculations for the CPU now, and the newer areas are much more demanding as well.You can try the dx12 mod and see if it helps you.One thing that helped me a lot, and this is going to sound odd .. Was to increase the resolution.Playing in 1080p I had stuttering all the time, then I turned it up to 1440p, and boom. It ran smoothly. Might be something to do with the fact that I have a kinda weak CPU paired with a GTX 1060, so that's probably a very hardware specific case.Also you can try to enable "prefer best performance" in nvidia control panel under power management.You can try to set high priority on Guild Wars 2 in task managerFor faster load in of textures you can enable streaming mode, this will also give you faster loading times.Other than that there's the usual things you could try to turn down, like character limit etc.The lag/connection issues are something many people are experiencing now. They have responded that they are working on it, so hopefully it will get fixed in the future.

@"jokke.6239" said:Compared to 2013 the game is much more demanding to run now.Since then they've added megaservers. That means much more packed areas, and now also mounts flying around and much more demanding flashy skins to load in. There are a lot more calculations for the CPU now, and the newer areas are much more demanding as well.You can try the dx12 mod and see if it helps you.One thing that helped me a lot, and this is going to sound odd .. Was to increase the resolution.Playing in 1080p I had stuttering all the time, then I turned it up to 1440p, and boom. It ran smoothly. Might be something to do with the fact that I have a kinda weak CPU paired with a GTX 1060, so that's probably a very hardware specific case.Also you can try to enable "prefer best performance" in nvidia control panel under power management.You can try to set high priority on Guild Wars 2 in task managerFor faster load in of textures you can enable streaming mode, this will also give you faster loading times.Other than that there's the usual things you could try to turn down, like character limit etc.The lag/connection issues are something many people are experiencing now. They have responded that they are working on it, so hopefully it will get fixed in the future.

i know all this tings and i used in the past to see if the game can run better but the improvement was very little and not noticeable mostly becouse on amd cpu that is porly supported by the game i run into gtx 1060 6gb too so out performance need to be similar but on graphical i can run from lower to full hight and usually play on hight whit no problems or this kind of issues, those kind of problems are new and i'm not the only one to have i have see the forum itself are fullfilling whit ping lag and graphic issues, so there is something going wrong and yes maybe is the megaservers, if are those better run in single server and close the unpopolated one whit migration of pp

One more thing to troubleshootDo you have both a integrated GPU and a dedicated GPU?If so, it's likely that the game is running on your weak integrated GPU.You can go into NVIDIA control panel and choose your dedicated GPU if that's the case.You can also disable it completely in BIOS

@"LordMorgul.9845" said:i play gw2 from 2013 and when i started the game, it run with no issues perfect state of art, but now from some months (like more than 6 for some pp) the game form and other pp i asked from random guys in game to guidmates and frends run very very bad both in terms of fps and PING issues, like start the game run smoother lower from 80 to 100 that's optimal (and it was my usual ping on this game) then it goes insane like 2000k or similar 700 500 300 1200 3000 for some seconds or more and it can lead to the "connection error" message or disconnection, best solution is to reset modem or restart game but the issue can appen again, i play other games online and this one is the only one with those kind of problems. Also there are graphical issues and bad fps like texture not loading correctly at start or long chargement, also in this case i can tell you is not my pc but the game itself becouse in the past this never happens, and my other pc game don't have this also the last relases i play on ultra no pop texture issue so my hardware and soft is ok all updated and checked.

I suggest you try running the game in DX12 api by using the d912pxy

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110553/want-to-use-directx-12-dx12-for-gw2-heres-a-guide-on-using-the-d912pxy-on-windows-10#latest