Why is mirage so weak?

Laila Lightness.8742

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I like how its tagged as answered already :)

Heh yeah, seems more like a rhetorical question.

Also, mirage is pretty strong for PvE soloing champs and dungeons (and the occasional soloable fractal too, I guess). Since bosses/champs outside of breakbar phase constantly move and attack, stacking tons of confusion and torment actually works pretty well in a lot of cases. Also, since it's lazy PvE time, I run superior runes of torment that heal me per torment application, so scepter ambush attack = dodge +tons of torment + heal. Pretty stronk.

If we're talking about pvp I've found a couple builds that are alright in terms of condition application, but yeah, if you're fighting something with heavy cleanse there really isn't that much opportunity to put out excessive amounts of conditions without going more glass. You can either go the sustain route and choose scepter/staff for more steady condition output, or you can go bursty and run confusion on blind for heavy stacks and try to catch them at off moments like playing power shatter but with high confusion and torment stacks.

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:It rellies on weak condis like torment and confusion its weaker than condi chrono why would anyone pick this?

weak condis like torment AND CONFUSION?? when especially confusion cucks any and everything when used right?

confusion sucks in pve, in groups everything is stunned 100% of the time, and when its not almost all mobs attack SUPER slow anyways.big mobs with breakbars that get broken get stunned, so they dont attack during their vulnerability, aka you will NEVER profit from 50% bonus dmg as they cant attack due to stun.and to top it all off all confusion attacks suck, its only niche is raids where bosses attack super quick. otherwise its meh.

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:It rellies on weak condis like torment and confusion its weaker than condi chrono why would anyone pick this?

weak condis like torment AND CONFUSION?? when especially confusion cucks any and everything when used right?

In PvE confusion is hit and miss. It is good against some stuff and not as much against others, depending on how many attacks they preform. However torment is unquestionably good. I wish that confusion gets the same treatment as torment in PvE. Regardless, mirage is solid in PvE in all respects.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

confusion sucks in pve, in groups everything is stunned 100% of the time, and when its not almost all mobs attack SUPER slow anyways.big mobs with breakbars that get broken get stunned, so they dont attack during their vulnerability, aka you will NEVER profit from 50% bonus dmg as they cant attack due to stun.and to top it all off all confusion attacks suck, its only niche is raids where bosses attack super quick. otherwise its meh.

I know though, it was just a general response to such a general statement, nonetheless i think its a really cool condition with niche uses :)

@otto.5684 said:

In PvE confusion is hit and miss. It is good against some stuff and not as much against others, depending on how many attacks they preform. However torment is unquestionably good. I wish that confusion gets the same treatment as torment in PvE. Regardless, mirage is solid in PvE in all respects.

thats why i said when used right and true

• 1 month later...

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Dreamatics.4987 said:BLASPHEMER condi mirage is my baby how dare you XD i literally refuse any other mesmer build right now i find it kill's stuff real easy maybe you just suck?

mb we got to where people can abuse the fact mirage has 1 dodge and cant recover health?

Just ignore/flag them because they came for me in one of my posts as well. Clearly they haven’t played in pvp/wvw and know how easy it is to down a mirage. Even when I’m roaming as a chrono, it’s easy for me to pick them off in less than 10sec.

@Tseison.4659 said:

@Dreamatics.4987 said:BLASPHEMER condi mirage is my baby how dare you XD i literally refuse any other mesmer build right now i find it kill's stuff real easy maybe you just suck?

mb we got to where people can abuse the fact mirage has 1 dodge and cant recover health?

Just ignore/flag them because they came for me in one of my posts as well. Clearly they haven’t played in pvp/wvw and know how easy it is to down a mirage. Even when I’m roaming as a chrono, it’s easy for me to pick them off in less than 10sec.

reminds me off shorts stream where he played reaper, he was running from someone if memory serves me right, ran into mirage. reaper charge, 2 autos mirage ded, move along xd

Mirage is on the same level of Condi Pressure as Herald : They are both capable of stacking devastating amounts of BY NO MEANS WEAK Torment (and in the case of Mirage, Confusion as well), but they severely lack cover conditions to layer upon their target to prevent them from cleansing it off.

What Mirage doesn't have is Herald's sustain.

As such, they need to pick their targets carefully, as anyone who has the ability to either outcleanse them or slap them with a CC long enough to blow them up will kill them.

Or if yu ran into PoP Inventions Engi then well, badluck I guess, PoP is kinda OP.

@lare.5129 said:

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:It rellies on weak condis like torment and confusion its weaker than condi chrono why would anyone pick this?why not? It should be weakest class btw. Why ? It si exclusive class compared wiht other mmo, so make is strong and not rare % of use is bad idea. Let is make slack and happy for true elitare players.

Are you an Arenanet developer in charge of balance? I am asking because you sound like one.

@Kichwas.7152 said:Torment is an absurdly powerful condition in PvE.why you think that this is not ok? It give some additional uniq value and fun for some skilled palyers

Apply and kite.true pvp style, as should

There's quite a few moments in both open world and fractals where you can use this to great effect.yes, skilled pve player have separate geared class and build for that few moments.

• 2 weeks later...