Open world build help

Chaarliee.2307

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" Thank you very much...I have created this build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKyAceFlJwwYKsEWJOWP2LPA-zRRYBRHCTMcnjRkUoSF4fA-eThe only change i have done is Rousing Resilience over Last Stand because if you will be disabled, you have 2 skills to get out of it and also you get Toughness and Heal.I thought it might be better than vigor.I will try it anyway.Also i was thinking Beserker over Strength but i have read what you said about MMR and i agree.Feel free to add any comments.Thank you again.

@Pagio.3029 said:@"Lan Deathrider.5910" Thank you very much...I have created this build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKyAceFlJwwYKsEWJOWP2LPA-zRRYBRHCTMcnjRkUoSF4fA-eThe only change i have done is Rousing Resilience over Last Stand because if you will be disabled, you have 2 skills to get out of it and also you get Toughness and Heal.I thought it might be better than vigor.I will try it anyway.Also i was thinking Beserker over Strength but i have read what you said about MMR and i agree.Feel free to add any comments.Thank you again.

That works.

Here is a Tactics variant. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKyAceFlJwwYKsEWJOWT6LPA-zRRYBRHCTMcnjRkUoSF4fWCbGA-e

Bring a pet whistle or other ally summoning consumable. Phalanx Strength coupled with MMR and Mender's Might is great sustain.

@"Opopanax.1803" said:I run mostly berzerker variants and have quite good success!Marauder weapons w/ sigil of 5% dmg, might on critBerzerker armor w/ runes of strength (might duration extended 50% and 5% dmg)Berzerk/Valk hybrid trinketsMace/Shield is for breakbarshttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABk6dflJwuYIMMWJOWT9LPA-zRZYBhZFsY0DlRghQFRgKDA-e

Key for sustain in this is tactics. Not just that, but if you have ANY ally around you that you can apply might to, the last trait in Tactics, Phalanx strength, works incredibly well with the last Tactic minor trait Mending Might, andis a HUGE health boost. You heal so much because of how much might you are sharing.

Would highly recommend giving it a try.

I liked your build so I give it some tweeks and came up with thishttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAkmFlJkwu6aINuk2WZlOWL3peA-zRZYBhBHdzRwFTLFQgBWtpQFRY6Bhtngw8D-e

I'm going to give this a shot on my Charr Warrior and see how it goes.

Main things I changed.

Changed Axe/Axe for Greatsword.Reason: Personal Bias for the character I plan to use this build on, He's themed as a Samurai and uses a Katana.Pro's: I still get to keep the ranged Axe 3 Cripple/Immob from the GS 4 Cripple/Immob + This skill now grants me Fury thanks to a Trait line swap.Note: You can still use Axe/Axe and get the same effect if you prefer.

Changed Shield for Off hand Mace.Reason: More Damage and some extra CC.I plan on using this rotation as a counter attack.Mace 2 to block and apply 10 Vun, F1 or Mace 3 to Stun and then Mace 4 for a big crit hit +15 Vun to total 25 stacks, then Mace 5/Bulls Charge for Knockdown, swap and 100 blades for big damage.

Swapped out Shake it Off for Bulls Charge.Reason: I wanted more Knockdown and damage.Cons: bit less condi removal but I can live with it :)

Changed Dicipline for Arms Traitline.Reason: Crits and damage.With the stats i've chosen Precision takes a pretty big hit to gain a nice bit of tankiness, So Fury becomes essential to maximize Critical Hit Chance at 99% (explain below)With Fury gain from Elite skill (28 and 1/2 secs), Burst Attacks (5 and 3/4 secs) and Immobalize (11 and 1/2 secs) this should be very easy to maintain permanently giving us a consant 49,05% Crit chance.

The rest of that 99% crit chance is coming from the Arms trait Unsuspecting Foe which gives us a flat 50% crit chance when we hit enemies that are disabled with Stun, Daze, Knockdown, Pull etc.. This is why I wanted Bulls Charge and Mace Offhand on the build for a combined 6 seconds of extra Knockdown.This is enhanced even more by our Superior Sigils of Impact which give us 7% bonus damage to disabled foes, plus we get another 15% from using Physical skills too so this all stacks up quite nicely with pretty much guaranteed crits and might healing.(To note though, Precision infusions do add almost 5% crit chance back into this build so without Ascended gear crit chance will be a little lower)

The Final Arms trait Duel Wielding also gives us a 20% attack speed bonus on our Mace skills too to help get that might/healing in faster and also to get our skills out quicker to take better advantage of Vun and our lower CC durations such as Mace 3 and 1 second Immob's.

Stat and Gear changesArmour!All Armour remains as Bezerker stats, however I did change the Rune from Superior Rune of Strength to Superior Rune of the Scholar.We loose might duration with this change as well as a 5% damage increase while we have might.However we gain a chunk of that lost Ferocity from loosing Axe Mastery back as well as a 5% damage increase while our health is above 90%.Since this build has so much incoming healing and CC lockdown I think this is a reasonable trade off that will be managable with some player skill for most of the PvE game.The might duration really wasn't that useful for solo play since there will be so much of it coming in so regularly, but it is useful for group play so both runes have their benefits depending on content.

Trinkets and Weapons!Changed Bezerker+Valkyrie Trinket stats for Cavalier Trinket Stats.Changed Marauder Weapon Stats for Diviners Weapon Stats.This change hits our Power and Precision a bit and costs us a little Vitality.. however Precision is not needed as much thanks to all the Fury the build has and the 50% crit chance from Unsuspecting Foe. (Granted crit chance will take a hit somewhat when fighting things with breakbars, another reason I wanted more CC in the build)

So the trade off we make after eliminating Precision is:We gain 626 Toughness stat and 216 Concentration Stat, (14,4% Boon duration)And we loose 226 Power Stat and 226 Vitality Stat. (1260 HP)I think this is more than a decent trade off for solo play since the build does rely on Fury for crits so the extra duration helps a little, the bit of toughness we get combined with the CC and the incoming healing may or may not be enough to keep our health above 90% for that extra 5% damage from rune, that'll depend on the player mostly.

Anyhow that's my tweeked version of your build for Solo PvE play.I'll give it a try myself at some point and hopefully it'll be as fun to play as I feel it will be.Thanks for sharing your build, wouldn't have had the inspiration to make this one if not for you.

• 3 months later...

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:This is what I run on my Berserker, and am really enjoying the durability, e.g., when wading into large packs of mordrem in Dragon Stand meta. It provides 2K+ toughness and -45% condi duration with food, yet still has over 2400 power, 46% prec and 221% ferocity. The second weapon is hammer (Knight) or rifle (Berzerker), based on situation. The CC on the utilities really helps keep mobs under control.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceJlJwwYJMFmJeUXetbA-zRYYRQHW0hwvwOl2EBRoAqVIUhEQgTDDOjA-e

What is the usage of hammer here? do you really need the hammer CC when you already have three CC support skills?

@Telgum.6071 said:

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:This is what I run on my Berserker, and am really enjoying the durability, e.g., when wading into large packs of mordrem in Dragon Stand meta. It provides 2K+ toughness and -45% condi duration with food, yet still has over 2400 power, 46% prec and 221% ferocity. The second weapon is hammer (Knight) or rifle (Berzerker), based on situation. The CC on the utilities really helps keep mobs under control.

What is the usage of hammer here? do you really need the hammer CC when you already have three CC support skills?

1) nice necro2) more CC for when the champs/legs get scaled up. Larger defiance bars need more CC, and warrior has CC in abundance. That is one of their jobs in pve. Break the bars.