Yo how come Spirit Watch isnt in ranked

How come spirit watch isnt in ranked. Its one of my favorites. They did it very well, and it brings back memories, one of the earliest new maps they made and PvP was thriving during its time.

Let me remind you guys of things they did recently too.Capricorn, that map is a goto a random spot, get mega points.Dijion map, goto random spot get random buffs.etc.

How is spirit watch any less different? Put this map back in ranked. This great map doesn't belong to be outcasted.

@Tayga.3192 said:The map design is weird, it's very vertical.

Who cares, its what makes it unique. Just because its vertically, doesn't mean you gotta exclude it and outcast it. Some people really enjoy, others hate it. Just like all the other maps. It makes some professions more useful because they knock you off cliff type or something.

If every map was flat, thieves in particular wouldn't be as strong, aka teleport to higher ground with ease. And other professions. If all maps flat same professions dominate, different, variety maps, variety professions will dominate, not just the flat ground best of the best right now.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Tayga already elaborated pretty well. Not much to add to the fact that it's a badly designed map that is super clunky to play. Too big, too "layered", and too spread out. The objective is the only somewhat "fun" part of it.

So you just want flatland, maybe if Kyhlo Clocktower was flatened it would be better too?Problem is, this makes certain professions dominant. It takes away from strengths and weaknesses of professions.

Matter of fact, I'd like to see more maps with boxes you have to jump on and stuff, like you can't just run up to me, you have to jump on two boxes to get to me.This offers more style of play.

You have to think of variety, if you just have flat, only select few professions will dominate, but if you got places where CC is very impactful as in you knock em off and they gotta run around or jump two times to get back on, it adds more variety of play.

Spirit watch, isnt actually too vertical too (its not on a node and someone is on cliff and you aint (forest of nifhel bridge by node), only vertical part is stairs then flat again, same like other maps) btw, like just like Temple of Silent Storm, that map aint all flat, Spirit watch similar to it.,It aint like you get knocked off a cliff, there's just one part and that rarely happens, the center node. Now off node fighting, sure you can get knocked off and its a big deal, but near the nodes, doesn't happen much.Also in Forest of Nifhel, you can get knocked off center node too, and have to run around the staircase too. That map is still in.

Too spread out you mention too? Temple of Silent Storm has a ton of spread out spots too. Temple center is just as vertical as Spirit Watch, they didn't remove it.

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:How come spirit watch isnt in ranked. Its one of my favorites. They did it very well, and it brings back memories, one of the earliest new maps they made and PvP was thriving during its time.

Let me remind you guys of things they did recently too.Capricorn, that map is a goto a random spot, get mega points.Dijion map, goto random spot get random buffs.etc.

How is spirit watch any less different? Put this map back in ranked. This great map doesn't belong to be outcasted.

Agree, it's sad to see it gone like that. They said they were planning to rework it a while ago, so cross your fingers.

Anyway, what about the other game modes? I'm talking Murderball and Team Deathmatch, those aren't even on unranked!

For reference: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/113724/forgotten-maps-the-pvp-game-browser-and-team-deathmatch-need-a-bit-of-love

They aren't even available through hotjoin (outside paid servers), now that's really sad.

@Lighter.5631 said:you are definitely not playing something that has no teleport or ranged attack.

the map with the most abusable teleport spots and ranged attack spots.you are not going to kill any one unless you have teleport yourself or you have decent ranged skill

Exactly, it adds more elements to the fight.Not one profession can dominate in all maps...

Oh I forgot, all the maps are flat, there are a select few that dominate.

Diversity? You don't have to do it solely around a profession. You can make a map where....Range attacks dominate you know.Melee is tough to do you know.CC (to push off edge) is dominate you know.

Right now, this is meta, all the maps are bleh, aint no diversity with all maps being similar.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:you are definitely not playing something that has no teleport or ranged attack.

the map with the most abusable teleport spots and ranged attack spots.you are not going to kill any one unless you have teleport yourself or you have decent ranged skill

Exactly, it adds more elements to the fight.Not one profession can dominate in all maps...

Oh I forgot, all the maps are flat, there are a select few that dominate.

Diversity? You don't have to do it solely around a profession. You can make a map where....Range attacks dominate you know.Melee is tough to do you know.CC (to push off edge) is dominate you know.

Right now, this is meta, all the maps are bleh, aint no diversity with all maps being similar.

what do you mean by one profession can dominate in all map.

it's all profession should have equal ground in all map.you really aren't understanding.

It's gimmick worsens the already oppressive "snowballing" effect that GW2 PvP generally perpetuates.The layered verticality of the map, while visually interesting, only really serves to make classes with easy-access teleports far more powerful than those without.Control point location with relation to map design is incredibly straightforward and over-diluted (WAY too much dead space between points; moving between points is far, far too exposed and roundabout).

Most GW2 PvP maps are pretty bad design-wise (or rather, they often conflict with the gamemode's addiction to teleport geometry and sightline peeking), but Spirit Watch more or less takes all of the GW2 PvP map design sins and then throws some extra depravity on top.