Weaver Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Weaver Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

edited September 21, 2017 in Elementalist

Hello Elementalists!
We hope you're ready and excited for the Path of Fire, with all of the elemental weaving to come. There has been some iteration on the the Weaver since you've seen it in Demo and Stress Tests, which you might have interest in! There will be a couple more release notes on launch day for the core profession, but we want to deliver the Weaver information a little early so you can know what changed.

• Call Lightning: Increased lightning damage by 12.5%. Slightly reduced the aftercast of this ability.
  • Polaric Leap: Increased the leap distance of this ability from 450 to 600. This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills, if able, in order to cast.
  • Quantum Strike: The cooldown of this ability has been increased from 15 to 18 seconds. Physical damage has been increased by 10%.
  • Cauterizing Strike: The physical damage of this ability has been increased by 17%.
  • Earthen Vortex: This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills if able, in order to cast.
  • Primordial Stance: Fixed a bug that caused this ability to deliver 3 instances of burning instead of 1, when dual attuned to Earth and Fire.
  • Unravel Hexes: Trait has been renamed to Woven Stride. Trait now grants swiftness when inhibiting conditions are inflicted, regeneration when swiftness or superspeed is gained, and increases swiftness effectiveness from 33% to 40%.

Most of these changes have been made with the goal of keeping the Weaver dangerous in combat. We felt that the physical damage ability for sword was a bit low, and that it also could use a little more distance on its primary engagement ability, Polaric Leap. Unravel Hexes was reworked due to its complicated nature and given something along the same vein of movement, with a few more trait synergies to boot.

We're looking forward to seeing you in-game!

*Edit: Fixed Earthen Vortex

Tagged:
<13

Comments

• lLobo.7960lLobo.7960 Member ✭✭✭

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

• Call Lightning: Increased lightning damage by 12.5%. Slightly reduced the aftercast of this ability.

That is very nice.
    Any chance for the air auto chain to be faster? Or slightly higher dmg on the other hits also?

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

• Polaric Leap: Increased the leap distance of this ability from 450 to 600. This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills, if able, in order to cast.

This is nice, and more in line with other classes sword leaps. Any chance the fire leap will get the same treatment?

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

• Cauterizing Strike: The physical damage of this ability has been increased by 17%.

Both? (against burning and not)

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

• Earthen Synergy: This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills if able, in order to cast.

I guess you meant earthen vortex here.

• Unravel Hexes: Trait has been renamed to Woven Stride. Trait now grants swiftness when inhibiting conditions are inflicted, regeneration when swiftness or superspeed is gained, and increases swiftness effectiveness from 33% to 40%.

I can see a lot of people mad with this, as it's not the "get out of water line" card that many were hoping for.
    But the synergy with swiftness giving regen (if there is no ICD) is amazing! (Air auto 2, updraft, traited air auras, air attune, all removing one condition with water line)

• "This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills, if able, in order to cast."
    what does this even mean

• @Bear.3689 said:
    "This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills, if able, in order to cast."
    what does this even mean

It means if you are casting another skill, and activate that ability, you will interrupt yourself to cast it. It states: "if able", to clarify this won't occur during abilities like ride the lightning. This is to allow you to pull off these abilities at a moment's notice without worrying of about a huge delay. Players could already do this with the escape button, but it's more clunky, so this code is included for some abilities.

• @Loboling.5293 said:

@Bear.3689 said:
    "This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills, if able, in order to cast."
    what does this even mean

It means if you are casting another skill, and activate that ability, you will interrupt yourself to cast it. It states: "if able", to clarify this won't occur during abilities like ride the lightning. This is to allow you to pull off these abilities at a moment's notice without worrying of about a huge delay. Players could already do this with the escape button, but it's more clunky, so this code is included for some abilities.

thanks

• hey can you make us not 100% reliant on the dreaded water train line please? like come on its been like this since launch

• Do sword auto-attack chains get reset when switching attunements or has that been changed? Resetting the auto-attack chain was incredibly annoying.

• @DanteZero.9736 said:
    Do sword auto-attack chains get reset when switching attunements or has that been changed? Resetting the auto-attack chain was incredibly annoying.

if you are half done a chain in fire and switch to water, its gonna reset the chain

• @Vince.1457 said:
    I feel like you guys should go back and get Unravel Hexes to work. The goal for weaver felt more like a dps Elementalist. If you are forcing them to take water it kind of nullifies the purpose. Coming from an ele player who was super excited that you guys created a way to remove conditions while giving ourselves super speed by attuning to air sounded amazing. Now that it is gone, weaver kind of lost its luster.

this. a dps elementalist thats forced to run water. where is the logic in that

• I am quite upset at the unravel hexes change, I don't understand why ele can't have a condi clear trait outside of water. I was so looking forward to having a decent condi clear outside of water, I had a very good looking fresh air WvW build all set and ready for launch, now I'm probably gonna swap mains. Aside from that sore spot, everything else looks good, sword changes in particular, being able to have split second reaction timing on leap and evade is a must.

• I'm super positively surprised that these are pretty insightful changes. Might've been too pessimistic but I thought there wouldn't even be any changes, and we'd be full on trainwreck for a couple weeks at least.

Seriously this makes me more hype than any kind of big budget trailer.

As for feedback, I share the general sentiment that it's a little annoying to have to trait water to get any mileage out of unravel hexes (now called woven stride). Also, if there's no icd on the swiftness gained on impairing a foe's movement, stuff like frost aura will be insanely strong, and just landing an aoe cripple would be a full cleanse. So I'm assuming there'll be an icd on that part of the trait at least.

Quick rundown of problems that will likely remain, just so I can clear my conscience on having been too lazy to post them when relevant:

• Riptide healing numbers seem to be bugged to be quite crazy high. It's a 7k heal with menders, and like a 4k without. For a skill that already evades, regens, retreats, leaves water field, I'd say that's a bit much.

• Autoattack damage on sword is going to remain really bad, exacerbated by the fact that they're all super slow aa chains.

• Earthen vortex self cancels too easily on movement input.

• 80% of dual skills is seriously not good. Especially dagger and staff, but scepter too.

• Tailored victory does not get put on recharge if interrupted.

• juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

Replace the "regeneration" with "resistance" and it may make more players happy :)

edited September 21, 2017

@Bear.3689 said:
    As for feedback, I share the general sentiment that it's a little annoying to have to trait water to get any mileage out of unravel hexes (now called woven stride). Also, if there's no icd on the swiftness gained on impairing a foe's movement, stuff like frost aura will be insanely strong, and just landing an aoe cripple would be a full cleanse. So I'm assuming there'll be an icd on that part of the trait at least.

I think it works when impairing movement conditions are applied to you, you gain swiftness. So frost aura won't work with it.
    But if there is no ICD then jumping on a necro ice field or ranger entangle/mud should give you a ton of cleanses (paired with water GM).

It has some nice sinergy with air too, with superspeed on air, swiftness on auras, etc
    It doesnt free you from water (for pvp against condi users) but lets you make some nice combo with air/water/weaver.

• @lLobo.7960 said:

@Bear.3689 said:

I think it works when impairing movement conditions are applied to you, you gain swiftness. So frost aura won't work with it.
    But if there is no ICD then jumping on a necro ice field or ranger entangle/mud should give you a ton of cleanses (paired with water GM).

It has some nice sinergy with air too, with superspeed on air, swiftness on auras, etc
    It doesnt free you from water (for pvp against condi users) but lets you make some nice combo with air/water/weaver.

uh i never said that

@Bear.3689 said:

@lLobo.7960 said:

@Bear.3689 said:

uh i never said that

Uh, weird forum quote bug... it was Gokil that I quoted

• Unfortunately, I did not test this out during preview but i heard Unravel Hexes did not work as advertised.
    I am not sure how we are to clear condis even with water. The GM trait for Water states "Cleanse Conditions from allies you grant regeneration to." Maybe i am missing something? I feel Unravel Hexes should be left the same and allowed it to cleanse conditions when we had super speed or swiftness with low ICD....

Having to always take water really sucks due to condi's being so OP. If you are forced into taking one trait due to survivability and/or current game meta, we are already at a disadvantage. Most Eles in PvP or in WvW will generally be forced with Water and Tempest....

We need better build diversity overall.....seems every patch you end up with 1 meta build that you almost always have to run to be viable. Sometimes we get 2 viable builds.

This is not just ele but for all classes. Almost every class will be running the same 1-2 builds for that given profession in PvP and WvW..... Be nice if all trait lines were created equal :)

• So sword is still pretty kitten when it comes to damage. The AA needs to be buffed for sword to be a viable weapon in PvE. Also the range is rather kitten with no weapon swap.

• @lLobo.7960 said:

@Bear.3689 said:

al
    Ah very true, I misinterpreted. Thanks for clarifying;

That is.. Pretty nice? I dislike immob immunity on stuff like daredevil and warrior in general, but if that's the road we're going (with the new speed of shadows on necro as well), then I'd like some of it.

I'd hate to play weaver without arcane though. Feels too perfect, and actually speeds up the gameplay substantially.

• BlackBeard.2873BlackBeard.2873 Member ✭✭✭

@Vova.2640 said:
    Unravel Hexes: Trait has been renamed to Woven Stride. Trait now grants swiftness when inhibiting conditions are inflicted, regeneration when swiftness or superspeed is gained, and increases swiftness effectiveness from 33% to 40%.

How is this is grandmaster worthy???

No changes to the core problem of weaver. 100% disappointment.

Pair with water traitline, and either air or arcana and now you cleanse like crazy. Sure, the trait is 100% useless without water-line.

When I look at weaver traits....I am really kind of confused. There isn't a clear vision at all. There aren't really any build-defining traits at GM besides woven-stride (when paired with water as mentioned). The other options are: "Take this if you want to attunement camp, or maybe max out damage modifiers for a crazy 1-shot burst." and "get a little extra defense that isn't appreciable for what you would do anyway." None of them make me want to say "Yea, I could make a cool build out of that!" Instead, I just feel "yea, there might be some build that makes use of it." Given that eles don't exactly have amazing build diversity, and weaver is quite restrictive on its own, that is kind of a problem.

The middle set of traits don't really inspire either. you get either "free condi dps," "extra swiftness for the woven-stride/cleansing water build" (or maybe b/c you'll desperately need it to prevent getting kited like crazy when you have 180 range and no weapon-swap), and "the stance one you probably don't want to take because only twist of fate seems really good, this doesn't even reduce CD's"

I STRONG feel that weaver is just going to end up with a bruiser build, and the only other fringe option is a silly burn-burst build that is more susceptible and less reliable than even burn guard. The mechanics are just so restrictive and what you get isn't all that great. I mean, when you ask what basically any ele build needs, I don't ever think the answer is "more decent but not overly strong abilities"

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am lost are they an anet person because there account dose not seem like one.. or is ele "do not go here" for anet devs. that they get non anet devs to post?

Any way its good to see the sword get some love but still not realty a power dmg wepon if every thing is blockable it leaves a lot that needed on ele dmg in genral unblockable attks.
    Still nothing to do with barrier on weaver when it seems like its a core part of the weaver class more so then swiftness and super speed its such an odd chose they made on the class.
    Ele core already can have near perma super speed and all the swiftness any one could ever want (i do like the +7% effectiveness to swiftness making ele in-combat speed better then every other class in the game out side of super speed and leaps). Its just in wvw dessert bl you can have this buff on every one all the time and it can be striped from shrines not sure if that going to take away from its effect.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Almost every single class has to run a defensive or class mechanic buffing traitline in spvp. Not that I'm against ele/tempest/weaver having better condi cleanse options outside of water but look at the majority of other classes most builds played run some defensive line or class mech buff line. At this point I would be more willing to have some sort of burst condi cleanse attached to a utility so it works for the whole class and not just the e spec.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey guys,

For reasons I don't understand, Karl's posts are not currently flagged as officially being "ArenaNet staff." However, I can assure you that Karl is 100% legitimate, and his posts do represent those of a staff member.

I tried a tweak and it still didn't add the ArenaNet red banner, so I'll be looking into this tomorrow. But in the meantime, Karl's the real deal. :+1:

He has a red banner for me. Whatever you did seems to have worked.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey guys,

For reasons I don't understand, Karl's posts are not currently flagged as officially being "ArenaNet staff." However, I can assure you that Karl is 100% legitimate, and his posts do represent those of a staff member.

I tried a tweak and it still didn't add the ArenaNet red banner, so I'll be looking into this tomorrow. But in the meantime, Karl's the real deal. :+1:

Ok good thank you for the heads up. I bet they would like to be recognized as an anet dev too!

Back to ele over all. I think support ele maybe done for after what was updated on fire brain 5 condi conversation on a 8 sec cd is a bit much when ppl talk about weaver not having clear this is what they are looking at. There a lot of classes that have the ability do to high dmg be tankly and clear even convent the condis to boons on these cd (i get there an ammo to it but every thing with a cd has an ammo of 1).

I realty do not get why weaver even has barrier out side of it being a new effect from PoF so its going to be thrown on all the new elite spec. Weaver needs barrier at its core well before swiftness and super speed. If the base class effect is burst skills and these burst skills give you barrier as a bass class it should give you more effects then giving you more temp. hp.

I do not get why more of the other burst skills on dagger staff and scepter did not get touch at all i get weaver is a sword class but its far from a sword melee class only. Its more like a ranged class. What was the point of giving all these skills to the class from its other weapons only to have them on the back burner to sword something that realty dose not fit the ele even weaver as a class type. Dagger feels more like a weaver wepon chain attks on sword feels more like a tempest wepon.

Weaver looks like the joke class for PoF and wvw over all ele is the joke class over all now.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• PLEASE ANET, WOVEN SPEED IS BLAND AND UNDERPOWERED, PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK, DON'T FORCE US INTO WATER LINE. The weirdest thing to me is, I think that woven stride is more complicated than unravel hexes, being a 3 part trait instead of a 2 part trait, so what was the point? Rather than simply adjusting the condi clear interval, or changing it to a condi resistance, as the boon or partial like soulbeast got, they ensured it had the same horrendous buildcraft bottleneck ele has struggled with for the LONGEST time. All for what? The FLAVOR of water line? that it's only right for water to have the condi clear because water is where all your sustain is? Where is the new condi resistance mechanic? Where's resistance the boon? Why do some classes remain heavily constrained on condi management when condi damage is getting power creep across the board? Yes I'm salty about this, I had a dream build made a reality, and then the keystone trait to it all was taken away, killing it all, and for no reason that makes sense to me, reasons that seem to worsen preexisting balance issues. I just want WvW damage staff ele to be more than a meme again, something that isn't pure thief bait, something that doesn't instantly melt when a necro or rev lands 1 or 2 skills on you. I want air+arcane to not be a terrible idea, due to a lack of sustain. I want air+fire to be considerable for something that isn't a 1 push rally yoyo. I want ele to do damage again, not heavy support like auramancer, and I'm glad auramancer finally has its place to shine, but I don't want to be stuck to 1 build for a whole expansion cycle again.

• katniss.6735katniss.6735 Member ✭✭✭

Can Karl reply to this thread? Is the first part of Unravel Hexes going to be gone, or is just the 2nd sentence changed, with a gain of 40% swiftness over quickness?
    I can see why the name should be changed, because the skill Unravel has nothing to do with this trait, and would cause some confusion.

• Khenzy.9348Khenzy.9348 Member ✭✭✭

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

If no internal CD, this makes Weaver+Water basically immune to conditions. Too strong. Ridiculously strong. Stupid powercreep stuff like this is NOT healthy for the game. When will you learn?

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Khenzy.9348 said:

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

If no internal CD, this makes Weaver+Water basically immune to conditions. Too strong. Ridiculously strong. Stupid powercreep stuff like this is NOT healthy for the game. When will you learn?

You wont be immune to condies, it gives you reliable removal outside of straight water, while making burst condies, which is what this meta ( and possibly the next) is more manageable.

keep in mind, boon conversion, boon removal, and burst condi application are going to be more prevalent with the next expansion.
    This change keeps us from being a bag in WvW and a useless spot in spvp

Edit: This trait looks similair to the thieves master trait Escapist's Absolution, and will probably also have a 1s ICD since this is a Grandmaster trait and competes directly with a straight damage buff for the weaver.
    Also our removal is nothing compared to firebrand

Tingle my stingleberry

• Shadowflare.2759Shadowflare.2759 Member ✭✭

Well this is a massive disappointment. We're going to be playing the piano twice as hard as we've had to do for mediocre results. No barrier buffs, no other changes for active mitigation, damage numbers barely got touched, and only one movement skill had their range increased...How is weaver expected to be a bruiser...

• Exciton.8942Exciton.8942 Member ✭✭✭

@juno.1840 said:

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

Replace the "regeneration" with "resistance" and it may make more players happy :)

This is a great suggestion.

• Khenzy.9348Khenzy.9348 Member ✭✭✭

@Solori.6025 said:

@Khenzy.9348 said:

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

You wont be immune to condies, it gives you reliable removal outside of straight water, while making burst condies, which is what this meta ( and possibly the next) is more manageable.

keep in mind, boon conversion, boon removal, and burst condi application are going to be more prevalent with the next expansion.
    This change keeps us from being a bag in WvW and a useless spot in spvp

Edit: This trait looks similair to the thieves master trait Escapist's Absolution, and will probably also have a 1s ICD since this is a Grandmaster trait and competes directly with a straight damage buff for the weaver.
    Also our removal is nothing compared to firebrand

It's just too strong WITH water traitline, it even provides reliable condi removal outside of it, that's how strong it is. I'm with Phantaram here. This trait's sinergy with water traitline is just too strong against conditions. Lmao comparing it with Escapist's Absolution only makes a disservice to your argument.
    Noone's talking about Firebrand here, this is not a matter of comparison and their condi removal is locked behind larger timegates, so no.

• bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Karl McLain.5604 said:
    Hello Elementalists!

Thank you for this.

Just to clear something: When I get superspeed or swiftness, will the trait clear them also or the only thing it does is apply swiftness, followed with regen? And the actual condi cleaning will come from Cleansing Water (if I have it in the water trait)?

Wishlist:
    Everything that kills me should be nerfed
    Remove all time gates - I play more than some people yet I receive the same rewards per day/week (PvP/WvW tickets etc)
    ANET developments/events and everything else should be in a schedule with the time I play

• I agree in some ways that there is over-reliance on water. However, I've been wanting to be able to do dps as water since beta. By all means, move some of the sustain away from water skills and traits, but please replace that with a way to actually do meaningful damage with water without resorting to things like the old lightning hammer build.

• I really don't get the point of the demo weekend and the request for feedback.

Big part of the feedback was about the low dps/cast speed of sword skills. No fix on this.

The most discussed trait, Unravel Hexes, was asked/prayed to be fixed and be the "out of water" card for PvP/WvW, as it had an interesting and cool, new mechanic to clear conditions and not be OP. And how you change it? Another regeneration proc for Water synergy (that also looks OP for bunker builds).

I wonder why did I waste my time testing your stuff and giving feedback...

• messiah.1908messiah.1908 Member ✭✭✭✭

it seems ppl now take water,air/arcane and stay in air attunement as the AA cleanse condition with the proc of swiftness.
    i wish all class could cleanse condition with their AA .
    it might bring the power ele back to the table but atm i think its too powerful as other ppl mention.
    ppl wants to drop water trait line. easy fix with give this trait to proc resistance for 3-5 sec when you get super speed or swiftness. puts it on 6-10 sec icd so they wont be condi bunker.

• bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

Guys, please, keep in mind something.

A good ele in PvP always takes water traitline and this change will increase our damage output (indirectly) because we will be able to clear condis while squeezing nice damage with dual attacks or other attacks, instead of changing to water to clear massive condis on us. Yes, we have to keep the water but at least we got slight boost, don't you think? I am saying it is slight because there will be spellbreakers now and the regen is a boon, also other counters.

Anyway, we still can choose our 3rd trait line, but IMO the best choice will be ARCANA.

Wishlist:
    Everything that kills me should be nerfed
    Remove all time gates - I play more than some people yet I receive the same rewards per day/week (PvP/WvW tickets etc)
    ANET developments/events and everything else should be in a schedule with the time I play

• messiah.1908messiah.1908 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bOTEB.1573 said:
    Guys, please, keep in mind something.

A good ele in PvP always takes water traitline and this change will increase our damage output (indirectly) because we will be able to clear condis while squeezing nice damage with dual attacks or other attacks, instead of changing to water to clear massive condis on us. Yes, we have to keep the water but at least we got slight boost, don't you think? I am saying it is slight because there will be spellbreakers now and the regen is a boon, also other counters.

Anyway, we still can choose our 3rd trait line, but IMO the best choice will be ARCANA.

taking a full trait line for 1 gm trait for cleanse .... also which make you invulnerable to condi. anet has a chance to make power ele back and even condi ele appearance. just let us drop water attunement

• hindercoat.7318hindercoat.7318 Member

I'm not a pvp gamer, more wvw and pve for my daily but maybe i can express some opinions here.

I have habit to set up builds and dont know why no choice but water traitline when need cleaning, Diamond skin is awesome but lack of recover ability like written-stone then take water traitline back to duel.
    I means each trait may have its style/conditional-cleaning/recover method then we can have choice like diamond-skin in earth, air with swiftness-cleaning and classical cleaning-water(all with ICD, adjusted via ICD2s-4s and boon cover issue when wvw) then see more interesting builds like air/earth/specialization or air/earth/water for bunker if want(no specialization and original weapons), not just always X/water/specialization.

Finally, original weapons need better synergy with new specialization (staff weapon2-skills all lack of survival ability when be a weaver).

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Phantaram.1265 said:
    The change to Unravel Hexes is really annoying. People want condi removal WITHOUT having to take the water trait line. This forces people to take the water trait line in order to get what is going to be pretty bonkers condi removal. What was wrong with making unravel hexes exactly as it was just with a 1s icd and remove all conditions? This current version is WAY stronger than condi removal on a 1s icd with super speed but forces you to take water. I can't express how crazy condi removal is going to be with this trait.

Every dual attack, every second auto attack in air, every air attune... and many more sources of swiftness and super speed that are going to make a water/weaver ele immune to conditions basically.

In my opinion revert Unravel hexes to it's normal form, make it remove all conditions, but put it on a 1s icd. This makes it valuable for every trait line that's not water and makes it more valuable for the air trait line while not making the condi removal for the water trait line absolutely bonkers.

The unravel hexes stuff is my main annoyance but also the sword autos are super slow. Every sword and greatsword auto in the game is 1/2, 1/2, 1/2. Elementalist gets 1/2, 3/4, 3/4. The air auto attack buff is a step in the right direction though.

You are not wrong! You're very right about the new Unravel Hex, it's bonkers...but so it's condi application in this game atm
    Will it be too strong? hard for me to say, so far it's certain that weavers will be water/weaver + air or arcana; it's left to see how strong will be our condi removal, maybe it will be barely enough in the upcoming meta or maybe too strong, only time will tell and eventually the trait will get buffed/nerfed accordingly.

What it's important is that this specialization won't be "useless" at launch..the rest can get nerfed/buffed later :)

Moving on, I see people here complaining about ele being forced once again in water to survive....but every class is forced to have the same line since launch : guardian ( valor), ranger ( NM or WS), thief ( trickery), warrior( defense), necro( soul reaping), engineer( alchemy)....why the complaints?

• @Khenzy.9348 said:

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

weaver + water is what we were trying to get away from dude. its ridiculous.

• Hana.8143Hana.8143 Member ✭✭✭

NO F5 UNRAVEL THANK YOU KARL MY BOY.
    It would have been the worst thing in tyria.

More damage on a potential usefull skill (spam 1 is okay) = me pleased

600 ? Well it's okay, Since I'll not take lightning flash anymore. (and probably regret it) I wanted something that could close the range a bit more, but that's ok I'll take it.

• Quantum Strike: The cooldown of this ability has been increased from 15 to 18 seconds. Physical damage has been increased by 10%.

Did you buff 3rd skill in full air and fire attunements ? The skills almost noone will use since they don't give you anything (no barrier no life)
    Going into full attunements is a pain, and it forces you to shut down your dps (Going from air / water to air / air to fire / air mean you probably have cd on 2 and 3 when you're in air/air, and will have cd on 4 and 5 when you will go fire/air, which mean during this period you'll have few skills to fire.) I think it's better to avoid full attunement if you want to play competitive weaver, cause barrier on dodge is golden and you have nothing that encourages you going into full attunements.

• Earthen Vortex: This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills if able, in order to cast.
    • Primordial Stance: Fixed a bug that caused this ability to deliver 3 instances of burning instead of 1, when dual attuned to Earth and Fire.

Okay

( Could be funny an hour or so In WvW : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Seaweed_Salad
    but Weaver in WvW is dead since devs didn't want to take this case seriously and wanted us to wait with tempest until next expansion )
    But by doing that YES you're encouraging people to play with water line, which is something they've done since 2012, but YES you can't do anything else cause if Woven Stride cleanse condition by itself, then water + arcana + weaver would be an almost no condition combination. I'm fine playing water line, you can get some good traits, I would have been sad if water line was only for condi clear, but you can get a nice frost aura, less cd on water skills which work well with the sword (and a bit more damages somtimes), nice healing when switchin water, a nice smoothing mist which can't be corrupted, and condi clear on regen works with sword's 2 (main water) and 3 (in full water). I'm okay with those traits, it's not bad, and has been with me forever now, it's a part of my ele.

I'm kinda sad since weaver doesn't have anything for large scale battle, we'll be stuck with retardnistrelmancer, but I'm happy cause it really feels like we can be a real 1v1/PvP class (I've been a huge fan of 1v1 long time ago)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.