What has happened to this games wvw pvp and pvp in genera

Beezl.4180

Hi,

Please do not take this to heart and try to understand where I am coming from. For context: I use to play this game back in the day of release and all I did back then was spvp and from time to time wvw and man was that a blast and not once did I get triggered or felt like I am playing somehting that is shit in the "meta" hence there was no such thing as meta back then, if you know you know.

I have recently returned to the game and boy oh boy am I so disappointed at what has happened to the pvp system, so the new class looks cool and the new specs was the main reason I thought HMMMM lets go back to my good old friend gw2 and then I do that and what a mystake that was. I come back to try out the new ranger elite specs just to find out that im getting eaten left and rigth by classes I could easily topple back in 2015 regardless melee or ranged. Now its full of broken classes that have infinite heals and infinite toughness and they can tank and at the same time burst and do all kinds of shit that is just beyond me. How in the logic of all this have Anet thought HMMMM a tank class should be able to also burst targets down ?!?!!? Since when in mmos do tanks deal dmg ? I can not contest a single class and trust me I know how to play my class really I use to play with top 50 in spvp and some really good players in wvw that wouldnt take you if you werent anything but good. Regardless I am not here to boast and say "I AM THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR I AM THE BEAST OF ALL BEASTS" no absolutely not I can accept defeat here and there but to get 1 shot and 2 comboed left and right by classes that could never do that before is rediculous in my opinion. The game needs a massive fix and this is not the right way forward, you can not force people to play other classes just because its "meta" gw2 was never about meta sorry not sorry it was always about pvping and pveing with whatever class you pleased to play, thats what made me fall in love with gw2 that I can play what i like and no one can counter me cause I can counter them it was always equal. Imagine it was so good back then that even necros werent a contest.

Long story short please do not hate on me but try to understand where I am coming from I do not mean to sound too mean or ignorant but if you were a player from the time I played and if you were a pvper I am 100% you can relate and understand what point I am trying to make, I am generally disappointed and money gone to the wind for the expansions cause the pvp is just plain dead, they might aswell remove it and make gw2 like FFXIV a pve game it would suit it better back then we used skill to pvp now people spam skills and think "im good at gw2" you aint mate.

Yours truly,Beezl

Hum, if by "the new class" you mean revenant, then u took a break looong ago. Usually when u take a break you come back very rusty, and after so many patches (and elite specs!) you kinda dont know what you are dealing with. Right now i feel that any ranger "type" (core, druid and soulbeast) can do just fine, in the right hand.Now about the damage: There was a massive dmg nerf, Feb/2020. So what i feel is that many ppl are running Zerk/Dmg oriented traits, cuz if they dont, bunkers would rain.

If it helps you I can explain the spot ranger is in. Ranger has some good dps and condi builds rn, but if u wanna be meta it needs to a side node bunker or a hybrid bunker/some dps. To achieve a side noder rn that can tank and do something offensive wise you definitely want core for the extra traitline - either marks for those great sword combos or nature magic for defensive modifier spam. There are some druid builds out there that are basically just annoying your opponent with cc and immob, but are not even good in sustain or damage so I don’t recommend druid at all, even though there’s a decap build that’s cancer(again it just does nothing else so I don’t recommend). The only other option that actually works like core rn is a build I posted in the ranger forum- https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/115996/good-and-balanced-ranger-build-for-pvp-ats#latest . This has offensive pressure with good stat boost etc. from beast mastery and also great synergy of defensive boon stacking as well as the ability to rotate and decap + dps well.So pretty much unless you want some kindof meme build u really wanna play a bunker/hybrid dps core or soulbeast build to do well rn and that’s just the reality of where rangers at rn.

Only way to resolve this is to actually buff up rangers otherwise it is plain boring and tedious to roam with a ranger, your pet is not so effective, every other class with the new specs has 300 engages and can always get to your ass. If there is to be a fix the burst of ranger has to be buffed so that no one can get to you when you are starting the burst. Plus using smokescale in beastmode is useless everyone knows what you are about to do after you charge at them, compared to other classes its not so predictable.

@"Beezl.4180" said:Only way to resolve this is to actually buff up rangers otherwise it is plain boring and tedious to roam with a ranger, your pet is not so effective, every other class with the new specs has 300 engages and can always get to your kitten. If there is to be a fix the burst of ranger has to be buffed so that no one can get to you when you are starting the burst. Plus using smokescale in beastmode is useless everyone knows what you are about to do after you charge at them, compared to other classes its not so predictable.

Yeah....the class has been nerfed several times since you left, druid especially has seen nothing but nerfs for 1.5 years straight, they touched everything including staff and heal coefficients; Soulbeast can now only work with one pet at time so..you need to work accordingly and Core ranger not surprisingly still stands to this day.

About the pets....all "but the never used since launch" Moas and Devourers have been nerfed several times , some like smokescale do a fraction of the original dmg, while the most offensive glassy pets barely break the 1.4k dmg barrier on a tanky enemy; now mind you there is still Jacaranda and Gazelle that can deal good dmg still and I expect it to be "rectified" in the not far future.....just because some "trashbot" manages to get killed by a Jacaranda lightnings ...yeah..I know.

If you were thinking of playing again some sort of "beastmaster"..yeah sorry it's gone but overall the class is still fun and enjoyable to play, the weapon skills are solid, they do what they're supposed to do; the core trait lines are pretty "stable" with..."decent" traits and the utilities are not top notch but not bad either.

With a few hundred hours practice you should be able to enjoy the class again, all three elite choices ( core-druid-soulbeast) work in my opinion from PvE to WvW and with that said.....shall I be honest with you?

You coming back is not worth your time, things will get worst before getting better ( assuming they'll ever will); yeah GW2 still occupies the Top spots when it comes to art and game engine ...everything else though....you'll find better elsewhere

Ranger is stronger than it was pre HoT. Even necros could farm rangers pre HoT. It is now the other way around. So if you struggle with ranger, then it's not the other classes' fault, but that you are not used to the huge shift in mechanics this game did.

to get 1 shot and 2 comboed left and right by classes that could never do that before is rediculous in my opinion. The game needs a massive fixYou don't even know what's going on but you want fixes. That's not how getting good works.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Beezl.4180" said:Only way to resolve this is to actually buff up rangers otherwise it is plain boring and tedious to roam with a ranger, your pet is not so effective, every other class with the new specs has 300 engages and can always get to your kitten. If there is to be a fix the burst of ranger has to be buffed so that no one can get to you when you are starting the burst. Plus using smokescale in beastmode is useless everyone knows what you are about to do after you charge at them, compared to other classes its not so predictable.

Yeah....the class has been nerfed several times since you left, druid especially has seen nothing but
nerfs for 1.5 years straight
, they touched everything including staff and heal coefficients; Soulbeast can now only work with one pet at time so..you need to work accordingly and Core ranger not surprisingly still stands to this day.

About the pets....
all "but the never used since launch" Moas and Devourers have been nerfed several times
, some like smokescale do a fraction of the original dmg, while the most offensive glassy pets barely break the 1.4k dmg barrier on a tanky enemy; now mind you there is still
Jacaranda and Gazelle
that can deal good dmg still and I expect it to be "rectified" in the not far future.....just because some "trashbot" manages to get killed by a Jacaranda lightnings ...yeah..I know.

If you were thinking of playing again some sort of "beastmaster"..yeah sorry it's gone but overall the class is still fun and enjoyable to play, the weapon skills are solid, they do what they're supposed to do; the core trait lines are pretty "stable" with..."decent" traits and the utilities are not top notch but not bad either.

With a few hundred hours practice you should be able to enjoy the class again, all three elite choices ( core-druid-soulbeast) work in my opinion from PvE to WvW and with that said.....shall I be honest with you?

You coming back is not worth your time, things will get worst before getting better ( assuming they'll ever will);
yeah GW2 still occupies the Top spots when it comes to art and game engine
...everything else though....you'll find better elsewhere

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAEdflFw8YdsQ2JWsPpr9JsD-zZALjGThMrATGA

I use moa. That heal has come in clutch numerous times. Plus permanent fury uptime.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Yeah....the class has been nerfed several times since you left, druid especially has seen nothing but
nerfs for 1.5 years straight
, they touched everything including staff and heal coefficients; Soulbeast can now only work with one pet at time so..you need to work accordingly and Core ranger not surprisingly still stands to this day.

About the pets....
all "but the never used since launch" Moas and Devourers have been nerfed several times
, some like smokescale do a fraction of the original dmg, while the most offensive glassy pets barely break the 1.4k dmg barrier on a tanky enemy; now mind you there is still
Jacaranda and Gazelle
that can deal good dmg still and I expect it to be "rectified" in the not far future.....just because some "trashbot" manages to get killed by a Jacaranda lightnings ...yeah..I know.

You coming back is not worth your time, things will get worst before getting better ( assuming they'll ever will);
yeah GW2 still occupies the Top spots when it comes to art and game engine
...everything else though....you'll find better elsewhere

You are right, I have experienced the lack of dmg on ranger and I am beyond disappointed that a "sniper" type class literally does no dmg, in my opinion rangers should be able to melt the same way dead eyes do and the way other classes do. I could literally meld with my pet do sicem on a target with zephyr quickness and strenght of the pack and do shitty dmg and the enemy hasnt even used any defensive skills cause they dont see me coming at them and i barely do half of their hp in dmg ... Now that is pathetic in my opinion. I actually dont see the point in them nerfing this class and making otherclasses superior literally, people in wvw just get to feel good about themselves when they play vs a ranger only cause it lacks dmg, if the dmg was how it use to be they wouldnt dare to duel rangers. Back then i can literally auto attack a person to death or fear them away cause it would do that much damage but its only logical at the end of the day you are a ranged class not a melee so you should be able to snipe off people just the same way that a melee should be able to eat you up if they are close in your face. But here is where the issue comes now every new spec and class has some sort of projectile deflection or block ... How is that even fair in any way ? I am not too sure what Anet were thinking with this but the ranger class has become one big 0, yes you are right about one thing its a fun class and it can be enjoyed but probably in pve but not in pvp. Its not fun outplaying people and then dishing out 0 dmg just for them to get back up and kill you in 1 combo, if thats how anet wants to deal with their balance then no point in even playing the game. Even with my abscence of 5 years and going against players who have played for prolly forever and outplaying them like its nothing should speak alot about the skill back then and the skill cap now. I met so many opponents and some good but most just skill spam fests that I was literally just kiting around and giving them a hard time but thats all I did cuase every time I unleashed a combo they survived it like its nothing so it felt pointless to pvp in the first place. Also the pet dmg dear lord the pets do 0 dmg ... literally no dmg at all its all changed for the worse and I am truly disappointed that I bought the expansions thinking that maybe the game has gone in an even better direction, but Im starting to feel like my fav class just wont be buffed in any way. I barely even see soulbeasts or any other rangers roaming solo literally so that by itself speaks alot. Thank you for your explanation and thank you for putting yourself in my shoes.

In answer to the question the OP posed, what happened is that players whined a lot about some classes (but not theirs no they weren't overperforming nope) in the mistaken belief they knew best for the game. Some "experts" were put in charge of some nerfs oops sorry balance patches which resulted in 'overperforming' builds shifting from some classes to others and then due to a number of reasons, so called "frequent" patches to sort the whole mess out failed to materialise.

Welcome back to the game we all deserve.

I'll try to be succint:

1. You are a returning player, so you have to learn the entire game again. You lost your reflexes, your class knowledge, everything. Because this is a MMO and every now and then everything changes.
  2. If you check out some PvP sections here you'll find tons of ppl saying that Ranger is too OP. The same is for almost every other class. So, point 1 again
  3. Tanks on PvP of many games are capable of dealing good damage, in fact in most of them, the tank is the BEST duelist. DPS classes are meant to be (usually) played withing a group while the Tank is good soloing (even tho he's more efficient in a group)
  4. If you can not contest a single class, then you are either having a terribad build (which i dont beleive) or point 1 again
  5. PvP is not dead. Im finding fights in less than 3 minutes. Low playerbase, ok, dead? no. Still fun as always
  6. Once again, having a bad PvP is miles better than not having it at all. For most of ppl like me, PvP are when we take a break from PvE. Not having it would simple make me turn the game off and play another game which would be bad for GW2.

@"KeoLegend.5132" said:

1. Tanks on PvP of many games are capable of dealing good damage, in fact in most of them, the tank is the BEST duelist. DPS classes are meant to be (usually) played withing a group while the Tank is good soloing (even tho he's more efficient in a group)

Not sure how many mmos you have played but this point right here shows that is not many and you lack the experience which is fine and I cant blame you, dps have always in mmos been the best duelists and have always been able to melt tanks not because tanks are suppose to be useless like that but mmos were made with pve in mind and not competitive pvp. A tank has always been useful for just that to tank dmg in an instance, open world pve, or raid (with the support of others so not only him tanking which should give you a big hint). Also if you have played gw2 on release you would also know tanks were never that op in pvp, if you have played back then and thought they were op then you were plain bad at the game which again is fine and we cant all be the best of the best. To further support what I am talking about in many mmos the dps have been called "duelists" and they have always preformed as that, squishy but powerfull, for example look at dead eye it can melt anyone and anything, look at any thief build can do the same, look at mesmers they can do the same also any other dmg dealing class can melt any tank class or any other class. Also to go back to my point on tanks were never this op, back in 2015 a tank could deal some kind of dmg but it could never outpreform a squishy class, and by never I mean that I can play 20-30 games a day and I would prolly die 5-6 times to a tanky class. Further more pvp is not fun when you are competitive and you are dying to classes that now have been buffed to 1-2 shot people, I am getting the feeling you are most likely a PVE player so you are trying to speak on this but you just lack the knowledge and experience I could be wrong but you give off that experession of someone that is clueless on what is what. In my whole week of playing the game only in wvw I saw exactly and I know this cause I counted, I saw exactly 5 rangers in 1 week of playing all day every day, on the other hand I saw dozen of thiefs, revenants, warriors, guardians, the list goes on this is what we call in mmos pvp meta. People playing whats meta for pvp which is the very reason why the mmo genre atm is very dead and is barely surviving, no one likes meta, no one likes to play what they are forced to play just because the devs have forced it onto people. Before telling me what you have told me maybe take into consideration that I might be experienced in mmos and pvp is all I have been doing in every mmo at competitive level. Do not take this as an offence take this as a lesson. The reflexes of a person that pvps in every dont just poof out of existence. In conclusion I can tell you this grab yourself a ranger buy some exotics go as a soulbeast find a meta build from any website or youtuber and go roam a bit in wvw fo a week plus then have a think to yourself and hit me up here again to tell me your honest experience.

@"Andy.5981" said:In answer to the question the OP posed, what happened is that players whined a lot about some classes (but not theirs no they weren't overperforming nope) in the mistaken belief they knew best for the game. Some "experts" were put in charge of some nerfs oops sorry balance patches which resulted in 'overperforming' builds shifting from some classes to others and then due to a number of reasons, so called "frequent" patches to sort the whole mess out failed to materialise.

So they heard kids voices and decided to shit on ranger and apparently now other classes are not op cause to others people like me and many others we are "whinning" correct ?

@Beezl.4180 said:

@"Andy.5981" said:In answer to the question the OP posed, what happened is that players whined a lot about some classes (but not theirs no they weren't overperforming nope) in the mistaken belief they knew best for the game. Some "experts" were put in charge of some
nerfs
oops sorry balance patches which resulted in 'overperforming' builds shifting from some classes to others and then due to a number of reasons, so called "frequent" patches to sort the whole mess out failed to materialise.

So they heard kids voices and decided to kitten on ranger and apparently now other classes are not op cause to others people like me and many others we are "whinning" correct ?

it wasn't just a ranger thing. Happened to quite a few builds. Unfortunately those builds kept others in check. Power builds got hit, condi builds didnt (as much) and due to them not following through on their balance cadence and 'tweaks' to outliers, we now have the joke that is wvw and pvp.

and here I am Duo queuing tank with my pal on soulbeast full dmg

I could have sworn soulbeast was a type of ranger, but he's getting kills so it definitely can't be the same class OP is playing, and there is no way OP could be bad at ranger right?

////

in all seriousness, you are just rusty. it's fine. unrust yourself, and learn new ranger builds and you will be fine.

there have been nerfs, but ranger is absolutely not unable to do damage or sustain right now. all classes are effected by them, and to be honest the only wet noodle in the game right now is warrior.

so you can practice, adapt, overcome and get kills- OR you can whine like a child and get farmed everytime you log in. your success is in your hands, you just need to want it enough to do something about it. it's up to you.

@"Beezl.4180" said:Hi,

Please do not take this to heart and try to understand where I am coming from. For context: I use to play this game back in the day of release and all I did back then was spvp and from time to time wvw and man was that a blast and not once did I get triggered or felt like I am playing somehting that is kitten in the "meta" hence there was no such thing as meta back then, if you know you know.

I have recently returned to the game and boy oh boy am I so disappointed at what has happened to the pvp system, so the new class looks cool and the new specs was the main reason I thought HMMMM lets go back to my good old friend gw2 and then I do that and what a mystake that was. I come back to try out the new ranger elite specs just to find out that im getting eaten left and rigth by classes I could easily topple back in 2015 regardless melee or ranged. Now its full of broken classes that have infinite heals and infinite toughness and they can tank and at the same time burst and do all kinds of kitten that is just beyond me. How in the logic of all this have Anet thought HMMMM a tank class should be able to also burst targets down ?!?!!? Since when in mmos do tanks deal dmg ? I can not contest a single class and trust me I know how to play my class really I use to play with top 50 in spvp and some really good players in wvw that wouldnt take you if you werent anything but good. Regardless I am not here to boast and say "I AM THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR I AM THE BEAST OF ALL BEASTS" no absolutely not I can accept defeat here and there but to get 1 shot and 2 comboed left and right by classes that could never do that before is rediculous in my opinion. The game needs a massive fix and this is not the right way forward, you can not force people to play other classes just because its "meta" gw2 was never about meta sorry not sorry it was always about pvping and pveing with whatever class you pleased to play, thats what made me fall in love with gw2 that I can play what i like and no one can counter me cause I can counter them it was always equal. Imagine it was so good back then that even necros werent a contest.

Long story short please do not hate on me but try to understand where I am coming from I do not mean to sound too mean or ignorant but if you were a player from the time I played and if you were a pvper I am 100% you can relate and understand what point I am trying to make, I am generally disappointed and money gone to the wind for the expansions cause the pvp is just plain dead, they might aswell remove it and make gw2 like FFXIV a pve game it would suit it better back then we used skill to pvp now people spam skills and think "im good at gw2" you aint mate.

Yours truly,Beezl

Can relate to you 100%. Similar story here. Played PvP/WvW small scale/roaming since launch almost. Took it seriously and very competitively. Also don't want to brag but our PvP and WvW skill would really be in ranks of Top players today. And our team saw it quite early how it's starting to go downhill. It was around mid days of HoT expansion but we still carried on. Made bunch of suggestions/feedback on balance what can be done to save it and not completely deteriorate PvP. So even back then in HoT days we saw nothin is being done no one cares and felt like our days are limited. Fastforward to like LW3 and pre-PoF days.. like 90% of our team quitted. We knew it's gonna happen but it was sad seeing all that process of PvP dying and still trying to be hopeful. Some people might think "omg but in HoT / pre-PoF days it was amazing pvp was healthy". Yea... nope. There were tons of issues but the main issue is just not being able to deal with new elite specs. Nerf that buff that. Then redo it. Then repeat the nerf/buff nonsence all over again. They just didnt know what to do. At this point i think it would've been even better if there were no elite specs or some vanilla version of this game. Anet weren't able to balance elite specs at all. And of course cherry on TOP was PoF elite specs. Anyway.. by that time most of us quitted the game and some of us carried on and switched to PvE. Never have i thought that i'll be "forced" to become a PvE player.. but there it is. Since PvE was never somethin i was interested in you can imagine how motivated i am to play this game. So i guess u r right. It's dead and beyond fixing. Might as well just remove PvP mode and advertise your game as a PvE only and strict-to-meta game. And WvW? Oh well.. u can leave that only for zergs. They just stack tons of FBs/Revs/Scourges these days and run around map "skillfully".

In short - u either are interested in PvE and stay away from PvP. Or carry on and find other games. U can always come back here and check balance patches if something impactful was done. Mostly those balance patches just cheer me up and i log out for another half a year.

You seem to play WvW. So you should be aware that with exotic gear you have significantly less stats. idk the exact number(for dmg weapon is the most important like 10%more dmg with ascended). Furtrmore WvW allows food of any kinfd. Ascended food gives a lot of stats. The food with %dmg reduction is especially broken as it calculates in way too many stats, just like the boon protection.

Having noticed that you dont do the same dmg anymore, you should read tje prob most important Patchnotes of tje lasr 5 years (mostly the ones from feb 25th 2020)Its not just ranger all dmg got nerfed.

You might need to adjust your gameplan and you cant rely on your old habbits necessarily.

Ir consider actually playing sPvP with is considerably more balanced.(stat equality, as well as cd readjustments)

@Dave.6819 said:

@"Beezl.4180" said:Hi,

Please do not take this to heart and try to understand where I am coming from. For context: I use to play this game back in the day of release and all I did back then was spvp and from time to time wvw and man was that a blast and not once did I get triggered or felt like I am playing somehting that is kitten in the "meta" hence there was no such thing as meta back then, if you know you know.

I have recently returned to the game and boy oh boy am I so disappointed at what has happened to the pvp system, so the new class looks cool and the new specs was the main reason I thought HMMMM lets go back to my good old friend gw2 and then I do that and what a mystake that was. I come back to try out the new ranger elite specs just to find out that im getting eaten left and rigth by classes I could easily topple back in 2015 regardless melee or ranged. Now its full of broken classes that have infinite heals and infinite toughness and they can tank and at the same time burst and do all kinds of kitten that is just beyond me. How in the logic of all this have Anet thought HMMMM a tank class should be able to also burst targets down ?!?!!? Since when in mmos do tanks deal dmg ? I can not contest a single class and trust me I know how to play my class really I use to play with top 50 in spvp and some really good players in wvw that wouldnt take you if you werent anything but good. Regardless I am not here to boast and say "I AM THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR I AM THE BEAST OF ALL BEASTS" no absolutely not I can accept defeat here and there but to get 1 shot and 2 comboed left and right by classes that could never do that before is rediculous in my opinion. The game needs a massive fix and this is not the right way forward, you can not force people to play other classes just because its "meta" gw2 was never about meta sorry not sorry it was always about pvping and pveing with whatever class you pleased to play, thats what made me fall in love with gw2 that I can play what i like and no one can counter me cause I can counter them it was always equal. Imagine it was so good back then that even necros werent a contest.

Yours truly,Beezl

Can relate to you 100%. Similar story here. Played PvP/WvW small scale/roaming since launch almost. Took it seriously and very competitively. Also don't want to brag but our PvP and WvW skill would really be in ranks of Top players today. And our team saw it quite early how it's starting to go downhill. It was around mid days of HoT expansion but we still carried on. Made bunch of suggestions/feedback on balance what can be done to save it and not completely deteriorate PvP. So even back then in HoT days we saw nothin is being done no one cares and felt like our days are limited. Fastforward to like LW3 and pre-PoF days.. like 90% of our team quitted. We knew it's gonna happen but it was sad seeing all that process of PvP dying and still trying to be hopeful. Some people might think "omg but in HoT / pre-PoF days it was amazing pvp was healthy". Yea... nope. There were tons of issues but the main issue is just not being able to deal with new elite specs. Nerf that buff that. Then redo it. Then repeat the nerf/buff nonsence all over again. They just didnt know what to do. At this point i think it would've been even better if there were no elite specs or some vanilla version of this game. Anet weren't able to balance elite specs at all. And of course cherry on TOP was PoF elite specs. Anyway.. by that time most of us quitted the game and some of us carried on and switched to PvE. Never have i thought that i'll be "forced" to become a PvE player.. but there it is. Since PvE was never somethin i was interested in you can imagine how motivated i am to play this game. So i guess u r right. It's dead and beyond fixing. Might as well just remove PvP mode and advertise your game as a PvE only and strict-to-meta game. And WvW? Oh well.. u can leave that only for zergs. They just stack tons of FBs/Revs/Scourges these days and run around map "skillfully".

In short - u either are interested in PvE and stay away from PvP. Or carry on and find other games. U can always come back here and check balance patches if something impactful was done. Mostly those balance patches just cheer me up and i log out for another half a year.

At least one more person that has put themselves in my shoes and knows exactly what I speak of, many dont even know that back then you can burst anyone with any class. I barely saw a single ranger in wvw to me that said alot. I am trying hard to think of reasons to play even thought of re rolling to go to a meta class that might help me dominate in wvw so far nothing motivates me.

@"Alabastrum.9361" said:You seem to play WvW. So you should be aware that with exotic gear you have significantly less stats. idk the exact number(for dmg weapon is the most important like 10%more dmg with ascended). Furtrmore WvW allows food of any kinfd. Ascended food gives a lot of stats. The food with %dmg reduction is especially broken as it calculates in way too many stats, just like the boon protection.

Having noticed that you dont do the same dmg anymore, you should read tje prob most important Patchnotes of tje lasr 5 years (mostly the ones from feb 25th 2020)Its not just ranger all dmg got nerfed.

You might need to adjust your gameplan and you cant rely on your old habbits necessarily.

Ir consider actually playing sPvP with is considerably more balanced.(stat equality, as well as cd readjustments)

I understand where you are coming from but in my 1 week of playing I met alot of people with exotics some with just ascended gear and most of them didnt even have food buffs and were destroying people fully buffed up with all kinds of shit, buffs and gear are just not that major you might think 10% is big time but trust me it aint if you know how to outplay and opponent. The class balance is the issue you wouldnt see people playing mainly the same class if it werent broken thats how the "meta" is, even go type in google "gw2 wvw builds" and you get websites with meta builds and it states "META" and people mainly play that regardless if they like it or not, anything for the kills and feel good effect right ? Ascended gear and food buffs have existed for forever I can tell you there were times I use to run with no food buffs and I would destroy the competition so dont take this game as if its Black Desert Online where food buffs actually matter unless you are extrememely overgeared.

Here is the thing though. If we arent talking about the upper end if player skill, where geardiff and foodbuff actually start to matter. Then we arent talking about class balance yet.

I used exotic gear till 2018 and when I finally upgraded to asceded. Oh boy did it matter. I cant even count how many times I hot away with less than 1k Hp (There is no use in prettending I had lived with exo)Also every time your opponent lives with under 5% Hp he could have been dead.

Because there are dmg modifiers for example Bonus dmg bellow 50%,ä.A dmg inrease of 10% can be the difference of a 13k and a 8k combo.(example used lvl 3 Eviscerate to swap Arcing slice)

And lets not pretend there was class blance back in 2015, shall we.Take your time to learn and beat whats new, if your an experienced pvp player this should be easy enough no matter the current imbalance of the game.You called yourself an ex top 50 after all.

Like I said there were a alot of changes.(Example for ranger you could Gs5 resets Gs2 so you could cc to Gs2 (wait for stunbreak/roll) Gs5 to (mixup wait for roll) Gs2 again. For about 10k dmg(could be higher depending on vuln from core ranger, sicc em, might, merge from sb)LB 4 to LB2 with sicem and quickening zephire still eats ppl in 2020 as well.

No hard feelings if you dont its not for everyone.If you are looking for 1v1sThere are custom PvP server made by players for this purpose an these 1v1 arenas are by far the best place for fair fights. (On weekends or on Evenings ofc)(EU server)

If you want free for all there is always the arena in heart of the mist. In WvW you would need to have great patience to find 1v1 at the usual.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Wvw roaming is a joke compared to 4 years ago. Not fun with overloaded stats and food.

Pvp is better than hot but worse than base release. Too much aoe and spam that degrades the interesting close combat/field mechanics.

Stats themselves do little to the overall balance, something broken in PvP will most certainly be broken and more in WvW; if anything wvw stats allow for certain builds to actually become viable and change the status quo a little. When something is underpowered in PvP will keep being underpowered in WvW no matter if you use trailblazer or minstrel or diviner stats