Where's the Q4 Roadmap ?

It'd be nice to have a Roadmap, Even if Just for consistency purposes. I'm sure they know what they have planned.We can all guess that this month is only Halloween and December will be just for Wintersday, so there's a bit of room in November for some kind of release but until there's confirmation it's all just speculation.

@maddoctor.2738 said:Do we really need a Q4 roadmap? At best it will have a single release in November. When the game launched in China (May 2014) there were no updates around it either, so maybe the Steam release requires similar attention? Wait for a Q1 roadmap and enjoy the festivals.

Iirc gw2 in china died, i think adding a roadmap along the release shows investment from the devs (like the expac reveal also did).

Also, some ppl just dont care about doing the same festivals for the 2nd/8th time in a row.

@Donutdude.9582 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Iirc gw2 in china died, i think adding a roadmap along the release shows investment from the devs (like the expac reveal also did).

Also, some ppl just dont care about doing the same festivals for the 2nd/8th time in a row.

Wrong.

Took me under 5m of Googling...

Yay, now the Cantha empire will now only be painted as the best place ever. The xenophobia lore will be sweep under the rug. It is sad that Cantha will longer be an authoritarian hellscape it was meant to be because of the authoritarian CCP. I hope anet will have the stones to stay consistent with the winds of change lore, even if it might run afoul with Chinese censorship.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:We had Q2 and Q3 roadmaps and we've entered Q4 but still no roadmap. How can we get excited for the future of the game if there's no roadmap ?

Halloween event.New story chapter.Wintersday event.Class balance patch probably this month.

You expect more? GL

@DaFishBob.6518 said:I do wonder if perhaps they might instead re-release episodes 3 and 4 with VA work done some time in Q4 instead of a new episode release.

Perhaps, but the task of adding voice work to a couple of episodes doesn't require the efforts of the team of artists, programmers and other developers that creating a LS episode does. Those developers will have been working on the next episode already.

Adding the voice work to the previous episodes should occur alongside a future release or during a festival. It's already looking like there will be a 3-4 month gap between the episodes delaying the next episode any more would be a terrible idea, IMO.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@DaFishBob.6518 said:I do wonder if perhaps they might instead re-release episodes 3 and 4 with VA work done some time in Q4 instead of a new episode release.

Perhaps, but the task of adding voice work to a couple of episodes doesn't require the efforts of the team of artists, programmers and other developers that creating a LS episode does. Those developers will have been working on the next episode already.

Adding the voice work to the previous episodes should occur alongside a future release or during a festival. It's already looking like there will be a 3-4 month gap between the episodes delaying the next episode any more would be a terrible idea, IMO.

But surely Anet is aware of a constituent of players that have chosen not to play these last couple of episodes due to a lack of VA work. It may be a reasonable decision then to schedule a re-release of those episodes to help ensure a healthy population exists on that map instead of the population being split between Drizzlewood Coast and the new map. Coinciding a re-release with the Steam release may also be a way to help promote the game by offering a full map instead of half, and doing so with material they already had prepared.