Why is this allowed

Lighter.5631

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Meteor.3720 said:Anet said a long time ago that no class should be able to generate 25 might stacks by itself...

I'm pretty sure it's still easily doable with most professions. Being able to maintain 25 might stacks is harder thought.

The only ones that come to mind are engineer, rev, and warrior. None of the others really get that high. Chrono maybe if you’re running a really classy build. Ele just converts theirs to burns and small explosions. Tempest maybe but it takes work and isn’t very effective in matches. Scourge if conveying burn stacks I guess?

@mes.4607 said:No idea how they let this slide for months. Along with Lich auto attack

You can literally reflect lich autos with magnetic aura or block them with any projectile block as they are projectiles or just run behind any thin ass wall and LOS them. Lich has so much counter play. On the other hand Grenades actually explode in a small aoe and there's multiple of them so you can even get hit behind some walls and pillars while kiting. Oh and and Lich has a CD of 150 secs and it is an ELITE. Meanwhile Holo has small as shit CD's on all their burst skills and explosive entrance which refreshes on each dodge for an additional 2.5k a hit. This comparison is totally unfair. Let's stick to the Holo's for now pls?

And it isn't even grenade barrage that's at fault. It's forge mode with tons of modifiers and the free stacks of might which ramp up the damage of grenades to insane level. and the explosives traitline. In fact explosives traitline on scrapper means they can hit just as hard right now. Add in explosive entrance to grenades and you have a burst which can knock out 50% of the HP on an light armor class not running toughness. Oh and it's all on a super small CD so congratulations. Once you're done healing back (because poison grenade also fucked your healing effectiveness ) you are ready to get slammed with holo forge skills which also hit with explosive entrance damage added on top because the holo has permanent vigor too along with the insane might stacks and speed and superspeed (thank god they nerfed this somewhat).

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:
PfNZNvR.jpg

what's balance, i think it does not exist in this game.

killshot can barely do 7k on tier 3 with for great jutice and on my mark combined.

Standing there eating someone's hits instead of mitigating, then posting a screenshot on the forums as nerf-bait is the new meta I guess.

Mind you...many Holos just ElixirS (stealth )+ barrage you so.......

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:
PfNZNvR.jpg

killshot can barely do 7k on tier 3 with for great jutice and on my mark combined.

Standing there eating someone's hits instead of mitigating, then posting a screenshot on the forums as nerf-bait is the new meta I guess.

I think you misunderstand, its not multiple hits. Its 1 attack. So yes, he stood "still" and took 1 attack to lose 9100 health.Its not a combo, its short cast time aoe skill. " combo " would be getting hit with corona + EE + barrage after quick CC. then we would be looking at ~15k dmg and not 9k dmg.

@Bast.7253 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:I'm pretty sure it's still easily doable with most professions. Being able to maintain 25 might stacks is harder thought.

The only ones that come to mind are engineer, rev, and warrior. None of the others really get that high. Chrono maybe if you’re running a really classy build. Ele just converts theirs to burns and small explosions. Tempest maybe but it takes work and isn’t very effective in matches. Scourge if conveying burn stacks I guess?

The only one with which I'm not sure to be able to reach 25 might stack alone is the guardian. Aristocracy/strength runes + sigil of battle or/and courage can help a lot in building might.The necromancer can reach 25 might stacks just by using BiP twice in a row.The elementalist can still blast himself in fire to 25 might stack pretty easily.The ranger can get there with axe coupled with aristocracy and the 2 sigils.Chrono with GS traited can reach it.And the thief can always luck it out and steal 25 might stacks at once (not that there aren't any other way to do it).

None of those are optimal but reaching 25 might stack isn't out of reach for any of these professions.

Some hyperbole going on in this thread. If you're against high nade burst, you're against this too. Nerf warrior @Lighter.5631 ?

For those that don't want to watch the clip:

• From full health to 0, I died in ~1 second.
  • The hits were for 8450, 3414, 3639, and 3478 for a total of 18981.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I think you misunderstand, its not multiple hits. Its 1 attack. So yes, he stood "still" and took 1 attack to lose 9100 health.

Actually, it is multiple hits, but maybe you mean 1 button press? Also, saying it's 1 thing alone is grossly misrepresenting what it takes to get high nade barrage damage.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:
PfNZNvR.jpg

lol this screenshot happened in a plat 2 game where me as rev having a healthy amount of HP chasing a 1-2k HP holo that just casted GB on his feet while running away and instantly taking out 9k+ of my HP out. fun.

@"bethekey.8314" said:

Some hyperbole going on in this thread. If you're against high nade burst, you're against this too. Nerf warrior @Lighter.5631 ?

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I think you misunderstand, its not multiple hits. Its 1 attack. So yes, he stood "still" and took 1 attack to lose 9100 health.

Actually, it is multiple hits, but maybe you mean 1 button press? Also, saying it's 1 thing alone is grossly misrepresenting what it takes to get high nade barrage damage.

False equivalent. Nade Barrage is a single skill with a giant AoE that can be used at literally any time. You getting CC bursted by a Berserker running all damage traitlines with absolutely zero defense capabilities is because you didn't stunbreak.

Decapitate does a lot of damage, but it was still less than the Nade Barrage the OP listed and it's single target, has less range, only accessible during Berserk mode, and has a pretty generous windup animation.

Also, pointing out a single high damage skill on a nonviable build to defend an even higher damage, all around better skill on arguably the strongest build at the moment isn't exactly a good look.

@"bethekey.8314" said:

For those that don't want to watch the clip:

• From full health to 0, I died in ~1 second.
  • The hits were for 8450, 3414, 3639, and 3478 for a total of 18981.

except this warrior build will get farmed all day with less then 10% uptime in any plat game, while holo can possibly 1v2 with the same build in the screenshot.

@"CutesySylveon.8290" said:False equivalent. Nade Barrage is a single skill with a giant AoE that can be used at literally any time. You getting CC bursted by a Berserker running all damage traitlines with absolutely zero defense capabilities is because you didn't stunbreak.

Decapitate does a lot of damage, but it was still less than the Nade Barrage the OP listed and it's single target, has less range, only accessible during Berserk mode, and has a pretty generous windup animation.

Also, pointing out a single high damage skill on a nonviable build to defend an even higher damage, all around better skill on arguably the strongest build at the moment isn't exactly a good look.

I think it's a fair comparison. Obviously, different classes are different. But, I think this is a discussion about overwhelming, fast burst damage that you either dodge or die to.

Remember, decapitate doesn't need to be aimed and the whirl is AOE too. High holo grenade damage requires traits as well. The "didn't stunbreak" argument is analogous to the satirical "just dodge" argument made by another poster. I'm all for better animations.

What makes the build nonviable? I died to it. This game is for fun anyway; are you suggesting it's competitive?

To be clear, I believe holo should be nerfed--ideally it's might generation / passive damage increase with heat.