Right Mouse button / Camera control bug?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Rei Hino.5961 said:I see the same issue on my g/f's computer...have no idea why.

As suggested before, it is the mouse. Either repair it or replace it (sometimes disassembling and cleaning the contacts is enough).

I have assembled a brandnew rig since I last posted in this thread and am no longer experiencing said issue with my new hardware (including a new SteelSeries mouse).

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Rei Hino.5961" said:I see the same issue on my g/f's computer...have no idea why.

As suggested before, it is the mouse. Either repair it or replace it (sometimes disassembling and cleaning the contacts is enough).

I have assembled a brandnew rig since I last posted in this thread and am no longer experiencing said issue with my new hardware (including a new SteelSeries mouse).

It's not the mouse, stop this fanboy defense stuff or whatever it is, for 8 years it's been a well documented issue. It covers brand new mice, several brands etc

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Camera-control-issues-a-documented-list

Either the developers can't fix it, or don't want to. Going by the fact revenant has a game breaking bug that's been reported for ages but still isn't acknowledged or fixed, I'm pretty sure they just don't want to. It's demoralizing and frustrating for all people who love this game, and the last thing needed is someone saying "it's the mouse 4head" just because they don't realize that assembling a brand new rig means the somewhat persistent issue hasn't triggered for them yet, that doesn't guarantee it won't for you down the line.

Don't you realize most these people have played just fine till the bug hit them?

when a physical issue happens to a mouse, it's consistent over every, single, game. you can test it, so when you do and you get a somewhat reliable issue on this game vs a non existent issue on other games.

it's not the mouse.

good news is, you have a spare mouse somewhere you can reuse sometime, bad news is, you have zero critical thinking skills.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

@"Noh.5092" said:It's not the mouse, stop this fanboy defense stuff or whatever it is

1. I am female.
  2. What "fan girl defense stuff" are you talking about? Fan of what exactly?
  3. I merely posted my own experience with the issue. No need to attack me for it.

Thanks for posting the link, I've never heard about it before. And again, I no longer have this issue with my new hardware, so...

Going by the fact revenant has a game breaking bug that's been reported for ages but still isn't acknowledged or fixed, [...]

Ahh, now I get you. You think I am a GW2 "fan girl" for "defending the game" by merely expressing my own experience with the issue? :sweat_smile: Well, I am certain ArenaNet will object that assessment regarding the many times I have been punished for voicing my criticism on here (about both, the content as well as the technical issues the game is having).

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Gherit.1354 said:

I have the same problem since last week and it's so annoying. It is impossible to enjoy the game especially in PvP. How did they not fix that yet? Seems like it has been a problem for years now...

yea it's a problem that's been happening for years now and they haven't fixed it yet. Probably never will so don't hold your breath.

Just like they can't fix the issue with people spending the gems when they buy ultimate edition then canceling the order. Now you have to wait a full 72 hours before you get your gems, even longer if it's on a weekend.

Edited by Desync.6915
  • Confused 1

I've also been having this issue, I thought it was related to a skill but then when I was stunned and unable to cast a skill I noticed the camera just wobbled as I tried to move it. It seems the right click is grabbing but the camera is refusing to move. And for me it seems only in PvP where I'm in a heated battle. However, I may have found a fix. I've switched from borderless window to fullscreen. Of course, if you have more than one monitor than you have to do another fix as clicking mid height to one end of the screen causes the game to go to desktop. In this case, I've rearrange my monitor windows configuration so they are all vertical. Not ideal as physically, that is not where my monitors are but I don't mind. I'm still testing this borderless window vs fullscreen but so far in 4 games I've not had camera issues with the right mouse button.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how much, but I wanted to ask and it's maybe related.

I have some control issues (hah). Normally I'd select a target directly or with an ability, and then I'd expect it to stick. But occasionally I lose the target, so my auto-attack stops. It even happens when I simply stand still, but more often when I look around with either mouse button. I'm at a complete loss why is it unreliable. There are a few fancy examples like a burrowing target, but it's nothing like that - although it's possible that something causes creatures to pop out momentarily, force losing targets. A similar case, I press 1, it throws an axe, and in a couple tenths of a second I don't have a target again. Even with the target being right in front of me.

Completely game / control specific, I have no issues in other games whatsoever.

The only workaround is what I've seen from some person, literally put a brick on button 1.

The looking around issue literally doesn't happen to me, except earlier - the culprits are indeed either a worn button (interrupted clicking) or body hair stuck in the sensor area (jumpy mouse) possibly combined with inappropriate surface.

• 4 months later...
On 12/12/2020 at 5:00 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Nope, it obviously is not related to the mouse.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:47 AM, NEXUS.7948 said:

I've also been having this issue, I thought it was related to a skill but then when I was stunned and unable to cast a skill I noticed the camera just wobbled as I tried to move it. It seems the right click is grabbing but the camera is refusing to move. And for me it seems only in PvP where I'm in a heated battle. However, I may have found a fix. I've switched from borderless window to fullscreen. Of course, if you have more than one monitor than you have to do another fix as clicking mid height to one end of the screen causes the game to go to desktop. In this case, I've rearrange my monitor windows configuration so they are all vertical. Not ideal as physically, that is not where my monitors are but I don't mind. I'm still testing this borderless window vs fullscreen but so far in 4 games I've not had camera issues with the right mouse button.

Same here, only in PvP and only with "Windowed Fullscreen". Switching to "Full Screen" can be used as a workaround to "fix" it.

• 8 months later...