Why is this allowed

Lighter.5631

@Lighter.5631 said:

@"bethekey.8314" said:

Some hyperbole going on in this thread. If you're against high nade burst, you're against this too. Nerf warrior @Lighter.5631 ?

For those that don't want to watch the clip:
  • From full health to 0, I died in ~1 second.
  • The hits were for 8450, 3414, 3639, and 3478 for a total of 18981.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I think you misunderstand, its not multiple hits. Its 1 attack. So yes, he stood "still" and took 1 attack to lose 9100 health.

Actually, it is multiple hits, but maybe you mean 1 button press? Also, saying it's 1 thing alone is grossly misrepresenting what it takes to get high nade barrage damage.

except this warrior build will get farmed all day with less then 10% uptime in any plat game, while holo can possibly 1v2 with the same build in the screenshot.

Holo destroys this build too. This engi just got caught with no stun break. Flashbang alone is the most frustrating thing to deal with as a warrior fighting holo.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Lighter.5631" said:except this warrior build will get farmed all day with less then 10% uptime in any plat game, while holo can possibly 1v2 with the same build in the screenshot.

I don't follow how 1 class needing a nerf negates another class needing a nerf, based on your "omg 9k dmg nerf" argument.

Nerf holo and this warrior damage, if you want to be consistent :)

Edit: Also, your screenshot doesn't show anything about build.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@"CutesySylveon.8290" said:False equivalent. Nade Barrage is a single skill with a giant AoE that can be used at literally any time. You getting CC bursted by a Berserker running all damage traitlines with absolutely zero defense capabilities is because you didn't stunbreak.

Decapitate does a lot of damage, but it was still less than the Nade Barrage the OP listed and it's single target, has less range, only accessible during Berserk mode, and has a pretty generous windup animation.

Also, pointing out a single high damage skill on a nonviable build to defend an even higher damage, all around better skill on arguably the strongest build at the moment isn't exactly a good look.

I think it's a fair comparison. Obviously, different classes are different. But, I think this is a discussion about overwhelming, fast burst damage that you either dodge or die to.

Remember, decapitate doesn't need to be aimed and the whirl is AOE too. High holo grenade damage requires traits as well. The "didn't stunbreak" argument is analogous to the satirical "just dodge" argument made by another poster. I'm all for better animations.

What makes the build nonviable? I died to it. This game is for fun anyway; are you suggesting it's competitive?

To be clear, I believe holo should be nerfed--ideally it's might generation / passive damage increase with heat.

Fast and overwhelming damage is usually balanced by cast times, animations, or range. The cone for Decapitate is 300 in front of the Warrior with a massive swing animation, Nade Barrage is a 900 range massive AoE with almost no tell, you can't be serious.

The stunbreak argument isn't the same as just dodge. You bring stunbreaks for CC. If you don't have them, it's because your build is a problem you need to fix.

Are we really going to have to explain why zerk isn't viable? You died to it because you didn't have a stun break. You dying because your build was bad doesn't mean the Warrior build was viable. Stop.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:except this warrior build will get farmed all day with less then 10% uptime in any plat game, while holo can possibly 1v2 with the same build in the screenshot.

I don't follow how 1 class needing a nerf negates another class needing a nerf, based on your "omg 9k dmg nerf" argument.

Nerf holo and this warrior damage, if you want to be consistent :)

Edit: Also, your screenshot doesn't show anything about build.

What you are not following, the warrior does not need nerf, because he won't live for more then 2 mins in a 15 mins match.doing damage in a full on glass non-viable build isn't the reason to nerf anything at all.it literally can be applied to any class till nobody does any damage at all. i guess you just hate pvp.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Fast and overwhelming damage is usually balanced by cast times, animations, or range. The cone for Decapitate is 300 in front of the Warrior with a massive swing animation, Nade Barrage is a 900 range massive AoE with almost no tell, you can't be serious.

@"bethekey.8314" said:Remember, decapitate doesn't need to be aimed and the whirl is AOE too. High holo grenade damage requires traits as well. The "didn't stunbreak" argument is analogous to the satirical "just dodge" argument made by another poster. I'm all for better animations.

See my previous response.

The stunbreak argument isn't the same as just dodge. You bring stunbreaks for CC. If you don't have them, it's because your build is a problem you need to fix.

Let's walk through this together ok :) Pretend I have my stunbreak off cooldown (elixir U here) and I use it to get out of the stun in the clip. The huge burst damage is incoming. What must I do? Dodge maybe?

Are we really going to have to explain why zerk isn't viable? You died to it because you didn't have a stun break. You dying because your build was bad doesn't mean the Warrior build was viable. Stop.

I've been playing builds deemed "nonviable" by the community the entire 8 or so years Guild Wars 2 has existed, and done very well with them. Please, define "viable" for me.

is this about the heal trait thing? cuz that thing is obviously dumb, but the actual grenade barrage toolbelt skill is fine. might need a more obvious animation but its on a 25 sec cd and easily dodge able from range. instead of messing with the animation they could delay the nades by a bit so all 6 nades hit over a half sec period. this is another case of nerfing core to balance elites, so backwards.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Holo destroys this build too.

Irrelevant.

This engi just got caught with no stun break.

And OP got caught without a dodge. You're in favor of 1 second deaths?

Flashbang alone is the most frustrating thing to deal with as a warrior fighting holo.

I thought this was a burst damage thread?

You really want to compare zerker build with holo? Lmao.One must go full-in in dmg to provide such damage, almost no defenses, can be just kited and waited through berserk duration. Also easily stunnable. And so on and so on.Meanwhile the other one is S tier in almost everything, very mobile, good teamfights, stuns, spikes, sustain etc.

You got 'oneshoted' by zerker not because he played well, but because you allowed him to do it. Its like Id spam HS on teef to get those 4k+ hits and then be surprised cuz I was locked in animation and couldnt dodge stun/nades/whatever. Wow, broken game!

But thats overall zerker vs holo. Speaking of nades, zerker needs to use multiple abilities and wait for oppurtunity to land 'oneshot'. Meanwhile nades are just 1 button, miracle happens, hardly dodgeable.

@felix.2386 said:while grenade barrage damage apply right after 1/2 second cast time, which means it took the warrior 4 seconds+ to deal the damage in the video while grenade barrage took 0.5 second to deal 9k+

Rewatch the video. 18k+ damage in ~1 second. I couldn't dodge the headbutt because of the aftercast from Hammer 3 / precasted Headbutt from the Warrior. Not sure what you mean regarding the 2 second reaction time. You mean while I was stunned?

@"bethekey.8314" said:

Some hyperbole going on in this thread. If you're against high nade burst, you're against this too. Nerf warrior @Lighter.5631 ?

For those that don't want to watch the clip:

• From full health to 0, I died in ~1 second.
  • The hits were for 8450, 3414, 3639, and 3478 for a total of 18981.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I think you misunderstand, its not multiple hits. Its 1 attack. So yes, he stood "still" and took 1 attack to lose 9100 health.

Actually, it is multiple hits, but maybe you mean 1 button press? Also, saying it's 1 thing alone is grossly misrepresenting what it takes to get high nade barrage damage.

this is so laughable. Warrior bursts are incredibly predictable and even their moves are telegraphed, not to mention truly melee in range. The class is so underpowered right now especially compared to a meta nade holo.

Meanwhile we have holosmiths who have a larger range than a friggin GREATSWORD running warrior while running a SWORD... (Holo forge autos have the lowest range at 240 compared to 130 on greatsword and the rest holo skills are 300 or 600... You can also turn autos on holo into a ranged attack too lol )

and grenades are 900 range.

did I mention how Holo's also have superspeed to close the distance and even stealth...

ridiculous.

@Zeesh.7286 said:this is so laughable. Warrior bursts are incredibly predictable and even their moves are telegraphed, not to mention truly melee in range. The class is so underpowered right now especially compared to a meta nade holo.

Meanwhile we have holosmiths who have a larger range than a friggin GREATSWORD running warrior while running a SWORD... (Holo forge autos have the lowest range at 240 compared to 130 on greatsword and the rest holo skills are 300 or 600... You can also turn autos on holo into a ranged attack too lol )

did I mention how Holo's also have superspeed to close the distance and even stealth...

ridiculous.

Nerf both. 18k damage in 1 second. Ridiculous.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@felix.2386 said:while grenade barrage damage apply right after 1/2 second cast time, which means it took the warrior 4 seconds+ to deal the damage in the video while grenade barrage took 0.5 second to deal 9k+

Rewatch the video. 18k+ damage in ~1 second. I couldn't dodge the headbutt because of the aftercast from Hammer 3 / precasted Headbutt from the Warrior. Not sure what you mean regarding the 2 second reaction time. You mean while I was stunned?

rewatch the video, you got set up in 0:05 and killed in 8that's 18k damage in 3 seconds with obvious wind up window.while grenade barrage did 9k in 0.5 seconds, i'm not sure if you graduated primary school, but i'll let you do the math yourself.even this thread is really only about burst damage, you still lose the favor.but the same exact warrior build won't last you for more then 2 mins in any non-bot game, while holo allows you to even 1v2.

but it's fine keep defending, it will get nerfed anyway, no matter how desperate you are.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@Zeesh.7286 said:this is so laughable. Warrior bursts are incredibly predictable and even their moves are telegraphed, not to mention truly melee in range. The class is so underpowered right now especially compared to a meta nade holo.

ridiculous.

No. 18k damage is fine on a pure glass-cannon build that can't survive 5 seconds in a teamfight.

The total damage is irrelevant.

It is the ratio of damage to survivability that is relevant.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Fast and overwhelming damage is usually balanced by cast times, animations, or range. The cone for Decapitate is 300 in front of the Warrior with a massive swing animation, Nade Barrage is a 900 range massive AoE with almost no tell, you can't be serious.

@bethekey.8314 said:Remember, decapitate doesn't need to be aimed and the whirl is AOE too. High holo grenade damage requires traits as well. The "didn't stunbreak" argument is analogous to the satirical "just dodge" argument made by another poster. I'm all for better animations.

See my previous response.

Let's walk through this together ok :) Pretend I have my stunbreak off cooldown (elixir U here) and I use it to get out of the stun in the clip. The huge burst damage is incoming. What must I do? Dodge maybe?

I've been playing builds deemed "nonviable" by the community the entire 8 or so years Guild Wars 2 has existed, and done very well with them. Please, define "viable" for me.

Obviously dodge. You were hit with a CC skill used to setup big burst hits. You died not because you didn't dodge but because you didn't have a stun break. If you had Elixir S, probably the best stun break in the game, you wouldn't even have to dodge since the entire burst rotation would just be negated. Your build was bad, nothing about the zerks build is a problem.

Lol you're claiming to do fine with nonviable builds but complain that you got dumpstered by one of the most obvious and easily negated burst combos in the game? You're really discrediting yourself.

@bethekey.8314 said:

ridiculous.

In other words, make Warrior not only work 3x as hard to even do damage, make it so they don't even do enough to be a threat. Sounds like someone just needs to learn how to fight warriors or adjust their build.

@"CutesySylveon.8290" said:Obviously dodge. You were hit with a CC skill used to setup big burst hits. You died not because you didn't dodge but because you didn't have a stun break. If you had Elixir S, probably the best stun break in the game, you wouldn't even have to dodge since the entire burst rotation would just be negated. Your build was bad, nothing about the zerks build is a problem.

Glad we worked through that problem together :) Engineer only having 1 "viable" stunbreak sounds pretty bad to me. We should buff engineer!

Also, please define viable for me still.

Lol you're claiming to do fine with nonviable builds but complain that you got dumpstered by one of the most obvious and easily negated burst combos in the game? You're really discrediting yourself.

Everyone dies sometimes. No need to be mean about it! I don't quite understand how my individual skill plays into this, but I have other videos on my channel if you're interested and regularly sit in the top 1-25 (mmr wise) when I do play ranked.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@"bethekey.8314" said:Nerf both. 18k damage in 1 second. Ridiculous.In other words, make Warrior not only work 3x as hard to even do damage, make it so they don't even do enough to be a threat. Sounds like someone just needs to learn how to fight warriors or adjust their build.

Work 3x as hard? Please elaborate.

And what counts as "damage" to you? Is there a threshold?

@bethekey.8314 said:

@"CutesySylveon.8290" said:Obviously dodge. You were hit with a CC skill used to setup big burst hits. You died not because you didn't dodge but because you didn't have a stun break. If you had Elixir S, probably the best stun break in the game, you wouldn't even have to dodge since the entire burst rotation would just be negated. Your build was bad, nothing about the zerks build is a problem.

Glad we worked through that problem together :) Engineer only having 1 "viable" stunbreak sounds pretty bad to me. We should buff engineer!

Everyone dies sometimes. No need to be mean about it! I don't quite understand how my individual skill plays into this, but I have other videos on my channel if you're interested and regularly sit in the top 1-25 (mmr wise) when I do play ranked.

Indeed, the problem is your build lacks stun breaks and anti CC tools. Fix it. You're inserting a lot of things people aren't saying. I didn't say engi only had 1 'viable' stun break, you're straight up lying here. I said engi has probably the best stun break in Elixir S and that you should be using it, that's no judgment on the viability of the other stun breaks.

Everyone dies sometimes, true. You dying to a highly telegraphed burst combo spanning multiple seconds isn't a matter of individual skill but build composition. Your ranked claim is either a lie or a bad indication of the playerbase in that tier. I'm going with the former.

Viability is determined by how well a build or skill functions in the current meta environment, how well it fits into it and how well it plays against the standard meta builds. Meta means 'Most Effective Tactics Available', and if your build can't either compete against or serve a valuable niche in the meta, then it's not viable.Zerk isn't viable because it requires full offensive investment while having absolutely no defense or countermeasures against meta builds; it gets dumpstered by rev, holo, thief, even most guardian builds.Holo on the other hand has every tool available to them and can effectively counter many off meta builds and give meta builds a significant challenge, win outright, or negate their use.

Zerk isn't viable and its damage is fine. Nade Barrage's isn't.

At this point I refuse to take anything @"bethekey.8314" says seriously even if he says something like "daytime is when the sun is up" because good god the arguments are so absurd!

Circling back to the OP, I don't think they can properly fix enti without touching scrapper, holosmith and explosives traitlines. Some of the traits like the damage on explosive entrance with no ICD on it except a dodge, the might generation and x% damage increase based on heat level in holosmith etc. are way too overturned. They boost any wet noodle like skill into a missile by just ramping up so much damage modifiers.

They can't fix it unless they sit down and actually check the trait lines especially holosmith. Mostly they just tweak the coefficients and CDs on skills and that is waste of time and instead nerfs build variety and experimentation because the skills are also present in other iterations like core engi.

@bethekey.8314 said:

They can't and won't define viable to you because they don't know what that is themselves. They'll only point out how "bad" you were in the fight, or "are" in general. It's like arguing with kids.No logic, only feelings. As for me, I understand your point entirely, and I agree with you. Both should be nerfed accordingly.