Server Transfer

Is there any free Server transfer, or any promo on the horizon? With the Steam releasing coming many friends ar hoping into the game. I wish i could player wvw with them but for some reason ppl who bought the game since its launch didnt get a free transfer token, as the f2p guys got.

@Preto.8039 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Can't you just tell your friends to join you on your server?

Its full...

For now, at least, they can join the link server and still play with you for a few months. You may want to do what our guild did, and just move the entire group to the link so you're always together after that but not locked out from future transfers.

You can also buy a transfer with gold, which is what constitutes "free" in this game.

@WindBlade.8749 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:There are no free transfers with the purchase of either expansion. Unless, of course, the account was previously Play4Free.

Well then you get one when you purchase one of the dlc ? same thing then, i remember using it recently without paying for anything anyway so it's really there.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Free_Accounts

Free accounts are able to choose their world when first set up; however, they cannot transfer to a different world by any method. After upgrading to a paid account, they receive one free transfer to any non-full world.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:There are no free transfers with the purchase of either expansion. Unless, of course, the account was previously Play4Free.

Well then you get one when you purchase one of the dlc ? same thing then, i remember using it recently without paying for anything anyway so it's really there.

Free accounts are able to choose their world when first set up; however, they cannot transfer to a different world by any method. After
upgrading to a paid account
, they receive
one free transfer
to any non-full world.

You can't create something that is not a free account.

@WindBlade.8749 said:

Free accounts are able to choose their world when first set up; however, they cannot transfer to a different world by any method. After
, they receive
one free transfer
to any non-full world.

You can purchase the game and register at the time of purchase. Even then, the point was to clarify your post where you made it seem that the act of purchasing an expansion would provide a free server transfer when it’s not entirely true. A paid account purchasing an expansion would not get a free server transfer. Free server transfers also have nothing to do with DLCs.

@WindBlade.8749 said:

, they receive
one free transfer
to any non-full world.

ofcourse you can, as above poster said to can buy the game before even trying ftp and not register for the free server transfer, and us oldsters bought the game when it was buy to play and bought both expansions .I did and got Zero server transfers and have never switched server.F2p get a server transfer since they cant chose their server when starting a f2p account.

@Linken.6345 said:

, they receive
one free transfer
to any non-full world.

ofcourse you can, as above poster said to can buy the game before even trying ftp and not register for the free server transfer, and us oldsters bought the game when it was buy to play and bought both expansions .I did and got Zero server transfers and have never switched server.F2p get a server transfer since they cant chose their server when starting a f2p account.

Play4Free accounts can choose their server when starting their account; they just can't transfer to another server. Thus, they are given the opportunity to do so when they convert to a paid account.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There are no free transfers with the purchase of either expansion. Unless, of course, the account was previously Play4Free.

, they receive
one free transfer
to any non-full world.

Play4Free accounts
can
choose their server when starting their account; they just can't transfer to another server. Thus, they are given the opportunity to do so when they convert to a paid account.

Oh I thought the only reason they got the free transfer is because they were dumped on a world as ftp without the option to chose.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

, they receive
one free transfer
to any non-full world.

You can purchase the game and register at the time of purchase. Even then, the point was to clarify your post where you made it seem that the act of purchasing an expansion would provide a free server transfer when it’s not entirely true. A paid account purchasing an expansion would not get a free server transfer. Free server transfers also have nothing to do with DLCs.

Didn't know that, well it's give to people upgrading their f2p account, but it's really hard to get no dlc upgrade nowday even if it's still possible so i didn't take that into account