Will anything happen to make Ascalon great again?

Imba.9451

@Imba.9451 said:

I'd have preferred Lazarus not been brought in and thrown away so quickly though.. same goes for Joko as well.These were two villains that deserved more time and dominance as main antagonists.. shame they were not fully utilised as such, Joko at least had a short run as a main antagonist but Lazarus wasn't so lucky.

Thats a problem I have with alot of stuff as well. Much of the content that was part of GW1 gets handwaved off way too quickly.Ascalon Ghosts? Yeah, whatever, just shoot em.Mursaat? Here, have a single boss fight that ties into nothing. Oh, and let the final boss of an expansion take form of a mursaat for whatever reason.Joko? Make him out to be a bumbling fool. Then let him get Aurene'd when he FINALLY start to get some character development. (Seriously, I freaking LOVED his monologue. Shame it didn't lead anywhere. Talk about subverted expectations.)Dwarves? Who knows what happens under Tyria, maybe we will see Jalis again when it's time to tackle primorduus, but I don't really hold my breath for it.

Anet started too many threads and either lets them unfinished or wraps them up way too quickly. Maybe Cantha will be a bit more free of that burden.

Yeah I agree with all of that ^^

Joko has probably been the best of the returning Gw1 antagonists and I really didn't like the cop out Joko magic makes Aurine invincible thing either.I am 100% with you on his monologue too, it's easily the best dialogue moment in Gw2 if you ask me.. so damn good!

I expect we will see the Dwarves again after the next expansion.. if things go as I expect them to then Primordus will be the last Elder Dragon after End of Dragons.The question will be whether or not Anet take us into the depths of Tyria or not.. I really.. REALLY! hope that they do but considering how much people hated Tangled Depths in HoT.. I have my concerns that we'll never get maps like that again >.< a big shame if you ask me.

I'm also hoping that the Depths story starts in Cantha too, there's potential there for some really cool Demon lore which Gw1 only briefly touched on with Kanaxai and The Deep.Demons have been extremely rare in Gw2, they've only really shown up in Raids and Fractal content and there's one in the main story as well, eater of Souls.Imp's and Fleshreavers are also technically demons as well but if anything they are some from of pathetic lesser demons that are hardly deserving of the classification.Cantha's Demons don't seem to come from the mists like most others do, they seem to come from deep underground which makes them really interesting to me and it's something I really want to explore during or after End of Dragons ^^

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic