Holosmith - entering forge cancels skills again

Xyonon.3987

A few patches ago, we recieved a big QoL change regarding the Holo forge. Originally, entering the forge cancelled all skills which made the ability feel rather clunky and not "Engineer like" (kit-like). However this has been changed a few patches ago, which made playing with the Holo forge so much smoother. This also gave us more depth in playstyle to get Laser's Edge on an ability by channeling it into photon forge. It also made the forge feel more like a kit than a clunky mechanic - I've only heared how amazing this change was from all the Engineers out there.

And then we had a patch today, which reverted this amazing change and we're back to the old clunky version.

ANet, I hope this was an oversight and not intended - please change it back back again, so we can experience the smooth, kit-like behaving holo forge. It makes playing Holosmith much better!

Thank you! :)

support. it made gameplay feel more fluid than before. now that we know what we are missing, photon forge feels clunkier than it did before the patch that allowed mid-cast forge entry in the first place. It also makes it easier to micro-manage your heat levels to maximize your success in any encounter.

@Wolfb.7025 said:Excuse me, which skills gets cancelled?

I basically one trick holo since two years and I was aware that non toolbelt skills gets interrumped when entering photon forge in the middle of the cast, and it has been always like this.

Yes non toolbelt skills were always interrupted since Holo's release, but a few patches ago they changed it so any skill can be cast into forge which felt amazing and everyone seemed super happy about it. It was great using things like sword 3 and enter forge mid cast. Unfortunately they reverted this last patch which is the reason of this post.

@Xyonon.3987 said:

@Wolfb.7025 said:Excuse me, which skills gets cancelled?

I basically one trick holo since two years and I was aware that non toolbelt skills gets interrumped when entering photon forge in the middle of the cast, and it has been always like this.

Yes non toolbelt skills were always interrupted since Holo's release, but a few patches ago they changed it so any skill can be cast into forge which felt amazing and everyone seemed super happy about it. It was great using things like sword 3 and enter forge mid cast. Unfortunately they reverted this last patch which is the reason of this post.Well, never played sword holo. but I can confirm that you interrump fire bomb and shrapnel grenade if you enter photon forge before finishing the cast, and pretty sure it was always been that way.

• 8 months later...

I have a mobility problem with this build. My HS is full berserkers sword and shield like most site suggested. Problem is the swifts are 6s and cost 1 or 2 buttons. Would be nice if HS has more stealth options and cooling tools to extend the forge so as to keep up on dps. Or even having disruptor fields to break targetting could help in 1v1s

My HS is build on crit and effective versus close ranged non moving target. Very short as well with protection shields lasting at 2-6s thus is not ideal for duels. Now I use rocketboots to run away from human players

Edited by medivh.4725

• 2 weeks later...

In middle of battle, Laser Disk requires a 3 second cast time plus 1 second animation. But time it is released I am like dead!

Yes the Laser Disk gets struck alot and is quite hindering. Isn't it a holo thing where he/she have ability to turn on off at instant? 

People say holo die alot, well not surprised at all when the skillsets hinders one another. Example I would have my Prime Light Beam unintentionally cancel on Laser Disk and vice versa! 

Edited by medivh.4725