Drizzlewood north meta and "capturing" camps

Guest [Deleted User]

Anyone else bugged by the fact that when you "capture" outposts during the north meta, even though they're supposed to be cleared out and flipped to the United Legions they're entirely populated by Dominion soldiers? I get that there's no hold-and-defend phase like in the south meta but it's weird that a minute after we leave the territory is back in enemy hands but marked as ours right?

I'm sure it's something like, ANet didn't want whole areas with nothing to fight but I don't see why it matters much - you don't have any reason to go back to a captured area unless you need to loot the tribune chest during the short time it's there, and all the enemies do is make that task more annoying. Leave the snipers in the hills, fine, but the actual camps should be friendly. If they really need them to be more active just have a small patrol of enemies spawn now and then to skirmish with the npcs.

Anyway, just my pet peeve of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

you don't have any reason to go back to a captured area unless you need to loot the tribune chest during the short time it's there, and all the enemies do is make that task more annoying. >

No, they don't - they knockdown and kill you in 2 seconds flat, making it impossible to get the chest. There's literally no meaning to the words "controlled by United Legions" for those last two tribune camps.

North is more luring out the tribune and moving on. We don't own the area like the south and leave men to defend and rebuild etc. We didn't kill every mob in the area. Every enemy isn't going to just leave. I guess that's why they still there. And yeah I have dropped in late to loot a chest in a couple spots and sometimes it's hard to get out. Never had issue dropping on the chest. Maybe drop close mount up stealth and stand on chest then loot will help. Not everything is going to make perfect sense

@"Nazarick.9653" said:

you don't have any reason to go back to a captured area unless you need to loot the tribune chest during the short time it's there, and all the enemies do is make that task more annoying. >

No, they don't - they knockdown and kill you in 2 seconds flat, making it impossible to get the chest. There's literally no meaning to the words "controlled by United Legions" for those last two tribune camps.

Try to not aggro too many NPC at once and use stability (if you have character with that boon) to reduce some of hard CCs like knock down. If you have unlocked Mastery so you can use Waystation, then buy either Electro Magnetic Pulse (should reduce their movement as it have an hard AoE CC) or use Medizooka as that will bring you up in air even when you are in combat and you move in air with it.

The real threat is NPC with life steal which means you loose health very fast and can't use condi cleanse or anything then just kill them (as those also have knock down and fast movement back and forth if they are spawn in small group). Use weapon or skill that have both range and melee to be able to take out these before they have time to become too many.

From Gliding you have Stealth Gliding which can be combo with Bond of Faith (to eject from mount in air) and Stealth from mount skill.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stealth_Glidinghttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount#Mastery_skills (Mastery for Stealth on mounts)

If you have character which have skills where you can use Stealth or use combo field and blast to get Stealth, then it might be smart to use that character to get those chests. Stability negates hard CC, but it might have a short duration, so it depends on your character (profession and build).

As for enemies after a camp have become part of UL camps and still have hostile NPCs, it is to reduce that player can just jump between maps and take loot without any work. It is annoying if you are late in a zerg doing map run, but it have its place to avoid that players only wait for zergs to do all work and leech from that all loot without doing anything themselves. DWC also reset rather fast after Claw of Jormag and all chests spawn, so there isn't much time to go back and loot all chests if that is what you have problem with.

@Jilora.9524 said:North is more luring out the tribune and moving on. We don't own the area like the south and leave men to defend and rebuild etc.

Then why use the zoned WvW capture mechanic in the north part of the map? Just have the whole north be unclaimed like the area around the northern WP and run an event chain meta like the other maps. There's definitely no story-based reason why the camps fly our flag but have hordes of hostile soldiers and no friendlies in them.

We didn't kill every mob in the area. Every enemy isn't going to just leave.

We actually did. I mean, the whole concept of the thing is disrupting all operations until the leader comes out, then dispatching that leader to rout them out of the zone. Also, just practically speaking, every camp post-tribune kill is devoid of enemies.

Not everything is going to make perfect sense

That's why we have forums - to talk about the times when it doesn't!

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:As for enemies after a camp have become part of UL camps and still have hostile NPCs, it is to reduce that player can just jump between maps and take loot without any work.

I kind of doubt that's it. The chests after zone capture don't stay around long - maybe 5 minutes. So while yes, you can loot any available Tribune chest on a map, it's HIGHLY unlikely you'll find multiple open active north metas at the same time to jump between. And even if you did, you'd get 1 or 2 extra chests for a lot more inconvenience than if you just stayed put. It's not at all a regular, profitable loophole.