When is Next Balance Patch?

X T D.6458

@phreeak.1023 said:

@"Straegen.2938" said:By "balance" patch you mean more thief nerfs, ignoring Rev damage, creating even stronger Pew-Pew and making Necros and Guardians even more OP? They will also screw up elementalist timing but not actually improve or balance anything on the class. Mesmers will get some build neutered but likely create a new build that has some strange balance issue. Oh and they will further nerf warrior melee abilities. The only smart thing they will likely do is leave engis alone.

Did I miss anyone?

Engineers are putting out a little too much healing and barrier spam, would be nice to have some viable offensive builds.

dps scrapper with bomb kit have usually the highest damage output in large scale and close range fights. No need for more offensive builfs. Holosmith for roaming is good too. Afaik there is a one shot build...

I look at it more like this...compare it to Guardians. They have some very strong offensive builds as well, but the majority of people playing Guardians are running Minstrel Firebrands because it is the dominant meta build. Much the same way with Scrapper, while it has some really good offensive builds, it is overshadowed by the scrapper healer meta. Personally I think, they need to tone down the more dominating builds and create more build diversity. When you already know what every group is running, it creates stale fights and metas. The bigger picture, in my opinion should be encouraging more build diversity, that is something I absolutely loved about Guild Wars 1.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"aleron.1438" said:That you keep persisting to deny daredevil trait line which contains 15%+10% dmg buffs to be considered offensive if traited is baffling. Acrobatics is purely defensive. There isn't a single thing that boosts damage on its own in that one.

What is even the purpose of this semantics arguement about marketing fluff.

He was comparing daredevil with reaper and mentioned that reaper can still hit pretty hard even with 1 defensive trait line and 1 utility trait line.Daredevil shouldn't hit as hard as reaper in such a setup, since daredevil is primarily supposed to be a defensive trait line.

Yes, it has damage. All the other bruiser/tank elite specs in the game also have some damage modifiers. But a scrapper is not going to hit as hard as a holosmith, since holosmith is designed around dealing damage while scrapper has way more of it's power budget located in defense.

I was just informing that it is natural that a daredevil shouldn't hit as hard as dedicated damage dealer elite specs, since it isn't supposed to be one of them.

Was hit by a 15k grenade barrage today, before explosive entrance. From a Scrapper. So what's this about 'bruiser' specs shouldn't hit hard again?

2.8k x 5 = 14,000plus 1.4k (non crit nade) = 15,400plus 3.8k Explosive Entrance = 19,200

And it's all mostly AOE damage. So much for bruiser spec. You can pretend that it makes sense however in your head that some specs shouldn't hit hard as others, it's not reality lmao. vErY dEfeNSive

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mass_Momentumhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Expert_Examinationhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Object_in_Motionhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kinetic_Stabilizershttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Applied_Force

@X T D.6458 said:

@"Straegen.2938" said:By "balance" patch you mean more thief nerfs, ignoring Rev damage, creating even stronger Pew-Pew and making Necros and Guardians even more OP? They will also screw up elementalist timing but not actually improve or balance anything on the class. Mesmers will get some build neutered but likely create a new build that has some strange balance issue. Oh and they will further nerf warrior melee abilities. The only smart thing they will likely do is leave engis alone.

Did I miss anyone?

Engineers are putting out a little too much healing and barrier spam, would be nice to have some viable offensive builds.

dps scrapper with bomb kit have usually the highest damage output in large scale and close range fights. No need for more offensive builfs. Holosmith for roaming is good too. Afaik there is a one shot build...

I look at it more like this...compare it to Guardians. They have some very strong offensive builds as well, but the majority of people playing Guardians are running Minstrel Firebrands because it is the dominant meta build. Much the same way with Scrapper, while it has some really good offensive builds, it is overshadowed by the scrapper healer meta. Personally I think, they need to tone down the more dominating builds and create more build diversity. When you already know what every group is running, it creates stale fights and metas. The bigger picture, in my opinion should be encouraging more build diversity, that is something I absolutely loved about Guild Wars 1.

Zergs should always have 4-5 dps scrapper. At least we try do do that.

Dps scrapper group should be: FB, DPS Scrapper, Rev, Ele specced on heal/cleanses.

No Ele, then support scrapper and power guard. Great range AOE spikes. With good timed symbols and swords he can insta down some people.

I would like to see some mesmer buffs, that class is relegated to a portal bot for zergs with a niche utility of focus 4 pull working without line of sight. Literally everything else mesmer can do is done better by other classes. Stealth? Engis, rangers and thieves. Boonstrip? Necros. Reflects? Guardians. Any damage related thing mesmer can do? Thieves, rangers and necros. Mobility? Thieves and rangers. Evading attacks? Thieves. If your local zerg leader isn't interested in portals you might as well roll another class and be more helpful overall.

The thing I would like to see the most is a fix to damage that doesn't appear in the combat log. The amount of times I've been instantly deleted by hits that don't appear in the combat through 3000 armor and 22k health. I sort of understand the combat log skipping beats during zergs but when I get jumped by a solo condi roamer thief and the only thing he ever lands on me according to combat log is poison - no steal or pistol skills etc. that I can physically see hitting me appearing in the log - I call bullshit. Not really a balancing thing unless this is somehow intentional but couldn't stop myself from venting about it.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"aleron.1438" said:That you keep persisting to deny daredevil trait line which contains 15%+10% dmg buffs to be considered offensive if traited is baffling. Acrobatics is purely defensive. There isn't a single thing that boosts damage on its own in that one.

He was comparing daredevil with reaper and mentioned that reaper can still hit pretty hard even with 1 defensive trait line and 1 utility trait line.Daredevil shouldn't hit as hard as reaper in such a setup, since daredevil is primarily supposed to be a defensive trait line.

Yes, it has damage. All the other bruiser/tank elite specs in the game also have some damage modifiers. But a scrapper is not going to hit as hard as a holosmith, since holosmith is designed around dealing damage while scrapper has way more of it's power budget located in defense.

I was just informing that it is natural that a daredevil shouldn't hit as hard as dedicated damage dealer elite specs, since it isn't supposed to be one of them.

Was hit by a 15k grenade barrage today, before explosive entrance. From a Scrapper. So what's this about 'bruiser' specs shouldn't hit hard again?

2.8k x 5 = 14,000plus 1.4k (non crit nade) = 15,400plus 3.8k Explosive Entrance = 19,200

And it's all mostly AOE damage. So much for bruiser spec. You can pretend that it makes sense however in your head that some specs shouldn't hit hard as others, it's not reality lmao. vErY dEfeNSive

And zergs run zero reflects too.

Wait.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

And zergs run zero reflects too.

Wait.

WvW is just one giant 24/7 3 way zerg fight where 60% of participants are minstrel support.

Wait.