Weapons give to the Guardian

Blackrystal.3508

@Kodama.6453 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:I picked OH sword but i would generally like to see all OH.

Sword , Mace and Scepter.

This would be great for a dualielding, more offensive guardian spec that focusses on dealing damage to a single target is kinda missing IMO.

Scepter is mainhand only, so this is not really an option.

Atm yes. But mechanically it works like any other mainhand. So it could be implemented as an offhand as easily as the other ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that Guardian Dual pistols would be a good thing on guardian. It would cool work with a theme.It needs a purely power based offensive offhand weapon and i think pistol would do that without hindering guardian.Since you could pair with scepter and have a mostly ranged guardian.

Though a main hand pistol would also be cool.Rifle and Shortbow would be pretty awesome too.

Daggers don't really suit guardian, its too bulky, slow and heal based to for them.

Voted for the pistol (s).

I can see an elite spec that makes Guardian look like the Inquisitor from Grim Dawn, which is a bit like a Paladin that uses medium/light armor, pistols and offensive and healing spells.

I can see pistol/focus, pistol/shield or even dual pistols as elite weapons, a hat as the elite armor piece and runes or glyph as utility skills (no idea for virtues yet).

The elite spec can allow guardian to be more agile and blasting foes from range.

Buuut, if we are truly going to Cantha, that wouldn't really fit......

• 2 months later...

Voted for Pistols because it would be nice to have another range damage option that doubles as a utility.

Offhand Swords would be my close 2nd pick but I am not convinced that Guardians can be an effective Melee bruiser that's better than a Rev or Engi. Especially considering our lack of "stick to target" type skills.

Perhaps #4 Sword teleport Slice that's on a 3s CD and #5 being an AoE multi-blade defensive attack? One can dream :3

I'd love to get an offensive spec with Off-hand sword. You may say that Dragohunter already covers that, but the Longbow feels slow and the traps are basically 'preparations' (no pun inteded) when in combat. Maybe stances on Guardian? Maybe exceed skills?

I like the idea of an Inquisitor-guardian with pistols, but it's an issue with Cantha, unless if this somehow ties into with the Ministry of Purity going on "witch-hunts".

Time will tell. In general for all 3 heavy specs, I want magic-inclined duelists with great offensive capabilities and mobility. A demonslayer warrior, an inqusitor guardian and an evil legend for rev.

So ofc sword off-hand would work with this idea for Guardian.

@Edge.8724 said:Voted for the pistol (s).

I can see an elite spec that makes Guardian look like the Inquisitor from Grim Dawn, which is a bit like a Paladin that uses medium/light armor, pistols and offensive and healing spells.

I can see pistol/focus, pistol/shield or even dual pistols as elite weapons, a hat as the elite armor piece and runes or glyph as utility skills (no idea for virtues yet).

The elite spec can allow guardian to be more agile and blasting foes from range.

Buuut, if we are truly going to Cantha, that wouldn't really fit......

Now I'm somewhat curious - what sort of setting would you see that fitting? Could it fit in the Utopia setting, perhaps?

@"DeanBB.4268" said:I've seen requests for "main hand shield" on the forums a number of times, and never understood what that is all about. I can't see someone running around with two shields. How does that work? Why?

It... really doesn't. Carrying a second shield really doesn't offer much to offset the loss of reach and striking power from forfeiting a conventional weapon, especially since people underestimate just how much you can protect yourself with a sword (especially in combination with a shield). Carrying two shields is better than one shield and an empty hand, but there aren't many good reasons to use two shields when you could be using a shield and an offensive weapon.

There are a couple of games which allow it as a bit of a joke setup, but these aren't games like GW2 where each weapon has its own skills for each class that can use it and where classes have restricted weapon choices, so the developers didn't really lose much by adding the option (as long as they've got a shield bash animation or two, it's just a matter of mirroring that on the other arm). I really wouldn't want to see ArenaNet going to the effort of creating three skills (five if you count each strike of an autoattack chain separately) just to cater to people who want to recreate a meme, especially if it takes the place of a serious weapon option.

Don't think dual shield practical...Look, when you stow the weapons, one on the back, and where would be the other? Front? That would be lame imo

Also, for some classes, instead of a new weapon, I think something like "you now have access to a new set of staff skills" would be more probable.

That being said, I vote for melee staff.

• 3 weeks later...