Is EOTM alive on any server?

jokke.6239

EoTM is all servers (sided by color).

And no there isnt any real point of EoTM since it was a solution to a problem (completely broken queue system) that wasnt there anymore (it was fixed some months before EoTM came out).

Anet should have incorporated the map in WvW proper long ago (replacing one of the duplicate alpines) but here we are in 2020, 2 expansions and 4 or so LS worth of PvE content later with next to no new WvW content.

There is a rumor of an evil cabal that knows EXACTLY the que size and they will fill all 3 factions, with alt accounts if necessary. If you try and login during their startup you can sometimes get in but if they notice you they ALL report you and you are instant banned. So there are quite a few people still playing it but you have to have the connections to get an invite. Two of my friends mysteriously disappeared trying to get in. Rumor is they did infact get in but were forced to sever all former contacts to prevent spread of knowledge of their existence.

@Dawdler.8521 said:EoTM is all servers (sided by color).

And no there isnt any real point of EoTM since it was a solution to a problem (completely broken queue system) that wasnt there anymore (it was fixed some months before EoTM came out).

Anet should have incorporated the map in WvW proper long ago (replacing one of the duplicate alpines) but here we are in 2020, 2 expansions and 4 or so LS worth of PvE content later with next to no new WvW content.

@gousgou.5438 said:EotM is a missed opportunity to shake things up a bit with WvW. They could give it the same rewards and rotate buffs/debuffs weekly (like no downstate etc). No mounts and no gliding as well to bring back the old WvW feeling as well.

EoTM was a huge success.GW2 nerfed the rewardsGW2 killed EoTM

I remember the days of 5+ instances of EoTM FULLY PACKED ALL SIDES

• 2 weeks later...

Edge of the Mist was live before the Legendary Back Piece. Anet's version of getting body's back into WvW. It worked. EotM emptied out, and every went for the back piece. However there was repurcussions. People went back into wvw main, got burned out, and pretty much said screw it. Now Several servers don't have the manpower to do...much of anything. It's all one big "fight" and i'm starting to get bored of it.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@gousgou.5438 said:EotM is a missed opportunity to shake things up a bit with WvW. They could give it the same rewards and rotate buffs/debuffs weekly (like no downstate etc). No mounts and no gliding as well to bring back the old WvW feeling as well.

EoTM was a huge success.GW2 nerfed the rewards
GW2 killed EoTM

I remember the days of 5+ instances of EoTM FULLY PACKED ALL SIDESThe rewards where never nerfed - they never existed in EoTM to begin with.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:EoTM was a huge success.GW2 nerfed the rewards
GW2 killed EoTM

I remember the days of 5+ instances of EoTM FULLY PACKED ALL SIDESThe rewards where never nerfed - they never existed in EoTM to begin with.

Due to loudly crying WvWler the typical karma-train WEXP gain rate was nerved from above WvW to below WvW

@Dayra.7405 said:

GW2 killed EoTM

Due to loudly crying WvWler the typical karma-train WEXP gain rate was nerved from above WvW to below WvW

The normal XP gain was removed throughout at the same time..

The ONLY reward ( other than a slightly lower reward track gain) that is different in EOTM is that there is no skirmish track. Ie pips.

That’s it. The news of the demise of rewards in EOTM is greatly exaggerated.

@Justine.6351 said:there are quite a few people still playing it but you have to have the connections to get an invite. Two of my friends mysteriously disappeared trying to get in. Rumor is they did infact get in but were forced to sever all former contacts to prevent spread of knowledge of their existence.

First rule of karma club: dont talk about karma club.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

GW2 killed EoTM

The ONLY reward ( other than a slightly lower reward track gain) that is different in EOTM is that there is no skirmish track. Ie pips.

But what about rank up chests? Those were cut in half!

• 2 weeks later...

@Justine.6351 said:

GW2 killed EoTM

But what about rank up chests? Those were cut in half!

I am not aware of that, but if you double the time needed to rank up, this is essentially the result.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

EoTM was a huge success.GW2 nerfed the rewards
GW2 killed EoTM

I remember the days of 5+ instances of EoTM FULLY PACKED ALL SIDES

There really weren’t any rewards. It was just excluded from having additional rewards added which was the skirmish reward track.

EotM died when they removed the ability to gain XP there are the majority of players used it to level up their characters. This was over a year before skirmish reward tracks.

@allshallperish.4620 said:idk why anet dont just make eotm a map for people wanting to 11111 gates and get there gift of battle/ mount etc , this way they dont to afk for exp in queued wvw maps, where actual wvw communities need numbers to be efficient or competitive.

They can already do that.

Edit: Well the war claw collection does technically require players to purchase an item with 50 skirmish tickets and claim one camp.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@allshallperish.4620 said:idk why anet dont just make eotm a map for people wanting to 11111 gates and get there gift of battle/ mount etc , this way they dont to afk for exp in queued wvw maps, where actual wvw communities need numbers to be efficient or competitive.

Edit: Well the war claw collection does technically require players to outages an item with 50 skirmish tickets and claim one camp.

Why do they go to wvw if eotm is available as an alternative? once you knwo the reasons, then anet need to make it so it is the beter option of the 2, noone wants people in wvw that have no interest in the game mode and are only there for a skin. Sure you can say maybe they come into wvw do the reward track and enjoy it and stay and play it more, realistically though does anet think they will make more money from a wvw player or a pve player or option C do they care. If your telling me peopel can type in the lfg and go eotm and get there gift of battle and mount from eotm faster than in wvw then G G we got a result. Then this will also resolve the OP issue that they wish to not fight in pvp but rather prefer to gain a daily, and can tag along in eotm with others to gain pve stuff.

@allshallperish.4620 said:

Edit: Well the war claw collection does technically require players to outages an item with 50 skirmish tickets and claim one camp.

Why do they go to wvw if eotm is available as an alternative? once you knwo the reasons, then anet need to make it so it is the beter option of the 2, noone wants people in wvw that have no interest in the game mode and are only there for a skin. Sure you can say maybe they come into wvw do the reward track and enjoy it and stay and play it more, realistically though does anet think they will make more money from a wvw player or a pve player or option C do they care. If your telling me peopel can type in the lfg and go eotm and get there gift of battle and mount from eotm faster than in wvw then G G we got a result. Then this will also resolve the OP issue that they wish to not fight in pvp but rather prefer to gain a daily, and can tag along in eotm with others to gain pve stuff.

Why do they need the warclaw if they’re not going to do WvW?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

you can use it in pve idk ask them why lmao. all i know is i heard many times, once i got the warclaw i leave this gamemode #fashionwars

@allshallperish.4620 said:

you can use it in pve idk ask them why lmao. all i know is i heard many times, once i got the warclaw i leave this gamemode #fashionwars

Warclaw was developed solely for WvW, even though they never asked for it, and is inferior to every other mount in PvE. I wouldn’t consider a players desire to have it as a hard requirement to being forced to do WvW. Even then, the amount of time they have to spend on WvW maps for that collection is fairly limited; perhaps a couple hours.