Should there be a GW 3? - [Merged]

Cyrin.1035

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:When GW2 starts to look and feel old-fashioned and low-tech, they will have to go for GW3. I hope that's not for quite a while, though.

You know, I was kind of thinking along the lines of what more they can offer us in the world of Tyria. The new map for the Ice Brood Saga had aesthetic touches, but nothing new or exciting.

How about we explore alternate dimensions? We kind have a little tease of that with the mists, but what about expanding civilization to other planets through amazing Asuran gate technologies? (worm holes to other galaxies.)

This may seem to become nothing but a science fiction game at that point which perhaps is not welcome to the player base or the devs. If so, I understand. But, sometimes I like to get "get out of this world and go beyond ...."

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:

bought 1 Smartphone in my entire life and it still serves me well, if it ever breaks I will buy the same Smartphone again.

What I'm trying to say here is: just because something is new doesn't mean it's better and just because there is more of something doesn't mean any of it is actually good.

i thought the same when i bought a nokia n95 in 2008. but it got slow and had to buy a new one in 2011 (a samsung s2) i then also said when i get this i no more need another smartphone. but in 2017 i bought a iphone. because the samsung got slow. and it’s RAM was always nearly full. things get better over time. i use both phones for 2 steps authentication.

Everyone who wants to see GW3 probably has a very twisted view of reality... Yes the graphics will probably improve, maybe the engine will run better but does that make a good game? No, graphics and how well a game runs don't matter in the first place, if the gameplay and story aren't gripping then everything else won't save the game. And when it comes to gameplay and story you will find that Companies which just pump out game after game usually produce kitten quality gameplay & story or just reiterations of previous games of the series with very little change while indie companies usually have incredibly detailed stories with innovative gameplay. Is it because they're more talented? Maybe but most likely it's because they focus all their attention to making that one game amazing instead of trying to produce as many games as possible.

this is just opinion/taste. i have so many games like call of duty 1, 2, modern warfare 1 (cod4) world at war (cod5) black ops 1. modern warfare 2. crisis 2 and 3. and never played the story mode because i didn’t made free time for it. sure the story’s are good i have read. but my focus are graphics. sound (later) and multiplayer. i don’t care story’s in guildwars 2 they are annoying and to long. and chance for disconnect and do all over again. it isn’t much more then some pixels talking to each other but then slow and long. and worst you can’t skip it. i don’t like it because i don’t read books so i can’t imagine how every role is. and relation to each other. and now we also are forced to do story for sky scale and new map a POI. i still have to start story. maybe i find some help some time. from battlefield series i have played some story and it was nice. but that’s awesome shooting like a movie. not just talk. so i like better graphics and gameplay over some text.

but graphics in this game are nice. but wish better frames. i have to play windowed mode after they patched the game few years ago. someone said they changed servers or something. after that patch i sometimes got fps drops like few fps for 5 minutes long. with a i7 6700k and a gtx 780ti by that time. i got new gpu now

I think this game would need graphics reworked.. or.. its not going to last much longer. It reminds me Star Trek Online, cool game, yeah? I used to play it for soo many years, but they never bothered to update graphics, the game looks like .. umm.. shet, and all they did for last x years was to only add new episodes or story, milking the last few money out of their title. Don't get too keen on story, Anet, and don't let this game die ^^

As I always say, "Gw2 is a game with ton of wasted potential".

-They could have make an awesome housing system but what we have is an expensive crafting for assets we can't even change in size or rotating them in xyz axis.Us the commander, don't even have a house.-They have 5 fabulous races and nothing is made to put them clearly on the stage abording the whole lore about them and their past. If not that it's the living world which is wrong: the same default npc copy pasted everywhere (hello citizens), we know nothing about the race themselves: you just arrive, no memories of your childhood or how you grew up. The personnal story is personnal before lvl 30, after it become a mess.-They added fluff with the elite specs, they are good ideas, good inspirations but no balancing.-The maps are gorgeous but they need 4 months to release one.-Tons of explicit lores that became unfinished plot/forgotten ones: menzies, proper past for scarlet, sylvari mind and mordremoth, deep sea dragon, auris weirdbringer (hope one day we earn class 3-4-5 stabilizer), rata novus cube, the uncategorized fractal, chaos and arkk.-3 gamemodes, and the only thing that is properly updated is gemstores.Peeps gave idea: GvG, Factions, a never ending fractal mist map between well known foes, .....-An interesting universe and a bad story, with way too much bad writing: the abobination of aurene resurection, the too early death of Joko and the worst ending ever prize for kralkatorrik and the feelings non sense. Ah and the recent stupid idea of giving genders to dragons. It's IT: JUST IT!!!! ASEXUAL STOP BUTCHERING SCIENCE.

There is just too much things present in the main storyline that could have been used for bigger plot.....1-Sinister Triade see wiki.2-Kudu, killed too soon.3-Gaheron Baelfire surely, also renegade/separists could have been greater threat.4-Adventures of Auris Weirdbringer allowing us to travel in times even some hidden moments of ls1 when he earned his clothes.5-Development of Rata Sum, how the coast at the south is now?6-Dominion of winds?7-All the unused intermaps portals?

I don't know what to expect know, I know I used to love so much that game when I joined it 6y ago for the first time, the ambiance, the environments, discovering the maps for the first time and festivals. Now it's flat and always the same, bad rewards, endless repetitive farming to earn anything, collections again and again gor nothing in return. A map each 4 months that everyone rush in one week. This game needs diversity not repetitivity. And seeing how it's even hard to fix only minor bugs, never fixing already released map or content, I have no faith in the future.

I say it, this game has an issue with management, not beeing able to release maps or expacs rapidly, fixing bugs in released contents, balancing or hearing the veterans players and more adding new modes or new gameplay; is already putting that game on a downward slope. A slope to the grave. Of course it's not currently in maintenance or dead, but it isn't top notch either.

So, well it may sound as pure hateful rant, but it isn't intended to be taken as that. It's constructive feedback for a 6y veteran, who don't want to see that game dying.

In 6 years you destroyed everything that made the charm of the game to me:1~You removed overcharge skills on turrets. You never updated them since.2~You have edited quests removing what was great in them the little plus: incomp optic metrica: you aren't the scrap suit anymore now a stupid bot is following you. In same map: soren draa you removed golem chest the most fun recreative game that was part of the quest. Aqannian research group: instead of letting the poison viald in the lake, you moved them in the hylek village, non sense. Brisban wildlands, where sinister triade occurs, can't anymore destroy asuran stone gate for the heart now you are just mindlessly killing everyone. Can continue with several others....3~ls1 can't be experienced anymore, missed ton of AP you will never refund me, 5000+ points. Can't even replay my favourite activities: miasmas in La and the marionette. The best was breachmaker, ow that alarm sound, the knights oww memories.4~LA let's speak about LA!!! THE BEST CITY THIS GAME COULD WELCOME A TRUE PIRATE OF THE CARIBEAN VIBES CITY YOU DESTROYED IT. The tavern on the mountain versant, the sewer, the lion's plaza, mystic plaza and mini battle arena WHO WOULD BRING THEM BACK? At least FOR THE SAKE OF VETERANS ADD OLD LION ARCH PASS.

I thought gw2 could continue like this 4 more years but no.I think it's time for gw3, nothing can be added or corrected now.

But before changing, I wait to see the other icebrood saga episodes. Maybe also what happens next to Auris since they brought him back.All races now got expac/ls apart Asura. They need to be under the spotlight after saga.

The time is not right now - and likely won't be for a while. IMHO they need to wait till they can do something new with the genre.

I thought the events and such didn't really work like people imagined - and its not hard to imagine a much more sophisticated system with much smarter NPCs that could react to player inputs in various ways. Events of course are essentially triggered quest chains that just repeat at key times or when certain triggers happen.

This is more or less identical to every other MMO makes the world feel dead. If they can use some sophisticated programming to get around this (EQNext and Storybricks for example) - if they could actually do something like that - it would revolutionize the genre and be the right time to make a new MMO.

Everyone focuses on new engine and graphics and while that is important - I think a better quest/event system that works more how we imagine 'real life' works would be a powerful lure. Thousands of different variations in the events depending on what they player does and permanent changes to the game landscape depending on the paths players choose.

Other technological improvements could be things like generated maps that have real depth and nuance - this is another aspect video game designers have tried their hand at and failed miserably..

@"hugo.4705" said:As I always say, "Gw2 is a game with ton of wasted potential".

I would have given you a thumbs-up for that statement, if it wasn't for this:

Ah and the recent stupid idea of giving genders to dragons. It's IT: JUST IT!!!! ASEXUAL STOP BUTCHERING SCIENCE.

Dragons had genders since the world of GW1 was created. Glint was always a she, for instance. Please stop making a fuss over nothing. It just makes you sound, well, sexist. ;)

@"hugo.4705" said:As I always say, "Gw2 is a game with ton of wasted potential".

-They could have make an awesome housing system but what we have is an expensive crafting for assets we can't even change in size or rotating them in xyz axis.Us the commander, don't even have a house.-They have 5 fabulous races and nothing is made to put them clearly on the stage abording the whole lore about them and their past. If not that it's the living world which is wrong: the same default npc copy pasted everywhere (hello citizens), we know nothing about the race themselves: you just arrive, no memories of your childhood or how you grew up. The personnal story is personnal before lvl 30, after it become a mess.-They added fluff with the elite specs, they are good ideas, good inspirations but no balancing.-The maps are gorgeous but they need 4 months to release one.-Tons of explicit lores that became unfinished plot/forgotten ones: menzies, proper past for scarlet, sylvari mind and mordremoth, deep sea dragon, auris weirdbringer (hope one day we earn class 3-4-5 stabilizer), rata novus cube, the uncategorized fractal, chaos and arkk.-3 gamemodes, and the only thing that is properly updated is gemstores.Peeps gave idea: GvG, Factions, a never ending fractal mist map between well known foes, .....-An interesting universe and a bad story, with way too much bad writing: the abobination of aurene resurection, the too early death of Joko and the worst ending ever prize for kralkatorrik and the feelings non sense. Ah and the recent stupid idea of giving genders to dragons. It's IT: JUST IT!!!! ASEXUAL STOP BUTCHERING SCIENCE.

There is just too much things present in the main storyline that could have been used for bigger plot.....1-Sinister Triade see wiki.2-Kudu, killed too soon.3-Gaheron Baelfire surely, also renegade/separists could have been greater threat.4-Adventures of Auris Weirdbringer allowing us to travel in times even some hidden moments of ls1 when he earned his clothes.5-Development of Rata Sum, how the coast at the south is now?6-Dominion of winds?7-All the unused intermaps portals?

I don't know what to expect know, I know I used to love so much that game when I joined it 6y ago for the first time, the ambiance, the environments, discovering the maps for the first time and festivals. Now it's flat and always the same, bad rewards, endless repetitive farming to earn anything, collections again and again gor nothing in return. A map each 4 months that everyone rush in one week. This game needs diversity not repetitivity. And seeing how it's even hard to fix only minor bugs, never fixing already released map or content, I have no faith in the future.

I say it, this game has an issue with management, not beeing able to release maps or expacs rapidly, fixing bugs in released contents, balancing or hearing the veterans players and more adding new modes or new gameplay; is already putting that game on a downward slope. A slope to the grave. Of course it's not currently in maintenance or dead, but it isn't top notch either.

So, well it may sound as pure hateful rant, but it isn't intended to be taken as that. It's constructive feedback for a 6y veteran, who don't want to see that game dying.

In 6 years you destroyed everything that made the charm of the game to me:1~You removed overcharge skills on turrets. You never updated them since.2~You have edited quests removing what was great in them the little plus: incomp optic metrica: you aren't the scrap suit anymore now a stupid bot is following you. In same map: soren draa you removed golem chest the most fun recreative game that was part of the quest. Aqannian research group: instead of letting the poison viald in the lake, you moved them in the hylek village, non sense. Brisban wildlands, where sinister triade occurs, can't anymore destroy asuran stone gate for the heart now you are just mindlessly killing everyone. Can continue with several others....3~ls1 can't be experienced anymore, missed ton of AP you will never refund me, 5000+ points. Can't even replay my favourite activities: miasmas in La and the marionette. The best was breachmaker, ow that alarm sound, the knights oww memories.4~LA let's speak about LA!!! THE BEST CITY THIS GAME COULD WELCOME A TRUE PIRATE OF THE CARIBEAN VIBES CITY YOU DESTROYED IT. The tavern on the mountain versant, the sewer, the lion's plaza, mystic plaza and mini battle arena WHO WOULD BRING THEM BACK? At least FOR THE SAKE OF VETERANS ADD OLD LION ARCH PASS.

I thought gw2 could continue like this 4 more years but no.I think it's time for gw3, nothing can be added or corrected now.

But before changing, I wait to see the other icebrood saga episodes. Maybe also what happens next to Auris since they brought him back.All races now got expac/ls apart Asura. They need to be under the spotlight after saga.

One of the things that has poisoned GW2 is this principle that fast and fluid things would make the game "alive" the so-called "living world". The result is actually no solid ground, everything is temporary and shallow, and having a black hole called LS1 embodies this whole principle.

The gamers population that is always after something new it's the worst possible, and they made a mistake trying to capture this niche, they are the first to arrive and the first to go.

I'm torn but i have to say no..I've wasted a lot of money on my account over the years losing everything to a new game would suck.. And seeing how Guildwars 2 has become over Guildwars i'd hate to see what a cash juggernaut Guildwars 3 would become..

Yes it would be lovely to have a new great game but how these companies force micro-transactions down our throats these days, i'm of the opinion be careful what you wish for.. I'm just being realistic..

What i would buy is a remastered Guildwars 1 with Guildwars 2 graphics, i don't even need to jump like other people seem obsessed with.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Should there be a GW3?Say, 3 years after the 3rd expansion, who knows what technology we will have then. Thinking as of today, do you think there should be a GW3 in the future?

Keep in mind this is an MMORPG.If you look at Everquest, they made a whole new MMORPG same game same ideas, just Everquest2. It did not end well.If you look at World of Warcraft, 15 or so years later, still #1, still just WoW, aint no such thing as a WoW2.EQ's EQ2 was a response to WoW threat.Basically remaking the MMORPG over again not much success.Look at Runescape and OSRS, much success you there? I don't.

Those games were in a different time though.GW2 the games it should be worried about is Diablo3, and Elder Scrolls Online, these 3 games came about during same time.Diablo2 and Guild Wars is very identical btw, and now Diablo3 is MMORPG, GW2 is MMORPG.I haven't played Diablo3 in a while, but I don't think its a true MMORPG, so if any game I would suggest do a remake, it would be Diablo3.Not a true MMORPG because theres no such thing as 100 people in a zone just goofying off or doing whatever.I believe Diablo3 is more like Diablo2.GW1 only cities allowed for mass players. Diablo2 and Diablo3 from what I remember, its just servers, no such thing as mass players in city, NOR mass players in open world zones.

It will be interesting to see how the future unfolds.

GW2 though, its not a full MMORPG yet either, one aspect it is missing, is Open World PvP.Open World PvP is what full MMORPG's like EQ and WoW have. Something GW2 and ESO lacks to become a real full MMORPG.

@"lokh.2695" said:Please check the forum's search option before posting, topic has been discussed many times in the past.

Just because its discussed 2 years ago, doesn't mean it applies to today, different thinking, other things have arised.Balance has been discussed for years, yet people make new threads about them.

I don't see people telling others who make threads like "Guardian needs a nerf", that its been said many times in the past, search the forums and necro the thread from 6 years ago.

2 years? This comes up every other month and its still a silly topic thats not going to go anywhere. Games have sequels - thats how developer studios work. Players arguing for or against them is a non-argument. None of us have any right to say whether there "should" be a sequel or not.

Yet I am certain that some people still argued that Guild Wars didnt need a sequel.

GW2 though, its not a full MMORPG yet either, one aspect it is missing, is Open World PvP.Open World PvP is what full MMORPG's like EQ and WoW have. Something GW2 and ESO lacks to become a real full MMORPG.

Big problem for Open World PvP would be the balancing. Until this day, classes have been balanced separately for competitive and Open World. If we enable PvP with PvE balancing for just a day, we can cover the entire Crystal Desert with a 5 foot thick layer of salt.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Should there be a GW3?

Probably. But it's unlikely that ANet have the funds to make a new game.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:If you look at Everquest, they made a whole new MMORPG same game same ideas, just Everquest2. It did not end well.

EQ2 wasn't so bad. Heck, it's even still going with new content.

Everquest Next however... Oh boy was that a dumpster fire...

They are however, working on an Everquest 3 so there's that. They have enough money to fund a new MMORPG title.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:If you look at World of Warcraft, 15 or so years later, still #1, still just WoW, aint no such thing as a WoW2.

WoW Classic is WoW2 because the 15 year old title was more enjoyable than the garbage they've been pumping out the last few years on WoW Retail...

There's also talk about releasing WoW TBC and WoW WotLK down the line (I mean, it's getting people to pay you for the work you've already done... It's simply a matter of getting the servers for it and waiting for a time when that boost of income is necessary)

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Look at Runescape and OSRS, much success you there? I don't.

Runescape has been going for a while and was made by indie developers. I'd call that successful.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:GW2 though, its not a full MMORPG yet either, one aspect it is missing, is Open World PvP.Open World PvP is what full MMORPG's like EQ and WoW have. Something GW2 and ESO lacks to become a real full MMORPG.

Oh boy, yet another Open World PvP thread.

I haven't seen one of them for at least 5 minutes, so I guess it was due...

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:Please check the forum's search option before posting, topic has been discussed many times in the past.

Just because its discussed 2 years ago, doesn't mean it applies to today, different thinking, other things have arised.Balance has been discussed for years, yet people make new threads about them.

I don't see people telling others who make threads like "Guardian needs a nerf", that its been said many times in the past, search the forums and necro the thread from 6 years ago.

3rd result of using the search on this forum with the term "Guild Wars 3":https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/114328/guild-wars-3-while-keeping-guild-wars-2

You literally managed to beat the 1 month timer by 1 day given that topic was started on the 10th September.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

reason could be those others are not notorious BS talkers who just want to start a fuzz every few days around here.

GW2 is a full MMO - there is no if, buts or whatevers on that one. Not having open world pvp is not a qualifier for whether it is a full MMO or not. It doesn't haven't it because it doesn't fit the coop aspect of the game and instead pushes it into WvW as a dedicated mode.

Having a GW3 does not automatically mean any of the flaws in GW2 would be fixed. In fact, they'd prob carry over. So I don't really see the point. MMO's whilst still big, have lost their lustre and new ones strike me as a risky strategy

Anyway, pretty certain this has been discussed a thousand times before already

@Taril.8619 said:

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:GW2 though, its not a full MMORPG yet either, one aspect it is missing, is Open World PvP.Open World PvP is what full MMORPG's like EQ and WoW have. Something GW2 and ESO lacks to become a real full MMORPG.

Oh boy, yet another Open World PvP thread.

I haven't seen one of them for at least 5 minutes, so I guess it was due...GW2 has PvP. There is no need for it to be included in open world content. Not sure how this invalidates GW2 as a "full MMORPG". What, exactly, is the industry definition of that?