Drizzlewood Coast - Lost Its Novelty Already?

Braynz.2906

I tolerate SW and DF. I like DS. DW though is lame. Beside length, the events them self are really boring. Not much in the mechanics territory.

Anet should stop making this type of map. If it is not on DS level, which is basically a well developed raid, it is not worth playing. And the replay ability is limited cuz it requires time investment. Why can’t we do AB style? You have many localised chain events and an overall map event. And farming mobs drop loot too. It gives the player something to do, all the time.

I misread the title completely. It clearly says Drizzlewood, but I somehow thought of Grothmar Valley. Drizzlewood never had any novelty to wear off. It is a very boring area, it has no playability, much less replayability. The only worse map I have seen is Bjora Marches. This season started out so well - Grothmar is great, but it fizzled out quickly. Shame really, I was looking forward to it.

• Like 1

@"Braynz.2906" said:Am I unlucky in getting the wrong map each time I travel to Drizzlewood lately?All I seem to find are Necro Minions and Engi Turrets camping the supply runs, tourists at the base camp waiting to chute in when a chest appears and just a few doughty souls actually trying to take the various sites.

The inventory bloat from having to manage seige methods doesn't help. Actually anytime an MMO adds inventory mechanics it's always a big "NOPE", neither Nazjatar nor Mechagon did that great and I felt like it was due to inventory bloat. Really MMOs in general should try to make inventory management easier, not harder as it's the most boring aspect of the game.

• Like 1

@"radda.8920" said:the most boring map created in this game. And possibly the most boring map I've seen in a mmozerg bus spam 1 on doors and motionless champions. Even the end boss is pitiful without any form of mechanics.I don't even understand how we can have fun doing that, it's beyond me.I hope not to see this type of map again in the game, it's a disaster. And especially not in cantha.

and let's not even talk about the story of the last 2 episodes with insipid dialogues without any interest. This saga is truly one of the worst things that has happened to gw2 since scarlet ^^

Id wager that living world up to S4 has always been this bad. S4 stepped up a notch or two.... but generally the LS is always bad. Heck the storyline from personal story all the way up has been kinda luke warm..... idk I feel like MMO-RPGS are terrible places to tell a story and have a narrative outside of "look this is the setting, here's some quests to level then its all end-game meta events/Pvp/raids/RvR" anything other than that it just starts getting dicey.

• 2 weeks later...