Guild Wars 2 Story Order

Does it matter what order i play the story in?As in will i lose any rewards? get locked out of a particular step? permanently miss a step.. etc?

Playing with a bunch of friends who likes to hip hop around expansion stories.. HoT today PoF tomorrow.. Personal story when he is lonely. etc.Despite my pleas to just do it in order.

its too late the story is already spoiled

In HOT you often need to have the right mastery for story sections. If not, you won't get anywhere.I didn't play POF much longer. But I think it doesn't matter there. Just very long because it is connected to hearts and everything.

But except for spoilers, you won't miss anything. Nothing is really relevant. And at some point you will have played everything anyway, I think.

You can't miss or get locked out of anything by doing the story in the wrong order, where there are bits that have to be done in a certain order the game will force you to do that (like how you can't skip parts of the personal story). The worst of it is seeing the story in the wrong order.

For the HoT expansion story, as far as I am able to remember, the only masteries that I needed to finish it were the basic gliding ones, bouncing mushrooms and speed boost mushrooms (for the last couple of boss fights). The rest can make all of HoT (and a couple of maps later in the game) a lot easier to play though.