The Silverwastes & Dry Top

Zenris.8637

It's prob just an oversight. The lfg tool does periodically get updates, but it didn't really get map specific ones until HoT and LS3. They just haven't gone back and added it for those maps and since almost no one has ever asked for it, it's just something that has slipped by

I can't think of any logical reason otherwise. There's no real reason to object to it either

@"Zenris.8637" said:True but a lot of the new people coming into the area don't know that. I've had to explain to that to rather a lot of people. So to make it easier just pop those maps into a category.

That would fragment the LFG into unnecessary categories. Just because someone is new it doesn't mean they don't have to learn the areas of the game.

Only thing they could add to the game would be an option people could toggle to automatically take them to the appropriate map spot at LFG when they use it. Something like "Always open group searches for my current map".

• 3 weeks later...

@"Vayne.8563" said:I don't understand why it's so difficult to look for a Silverwastes group in Central Tyria Squads, since that's where people list it. It's not like there's usually ten groups in that window. Most of the time there's only a couple. Why make even more categories?

It's halloween. Rather than list lab farm in "festivals", everyone lists it in central tyria. Which means the one or two silverwastes/RIBA squads that were there are now non-existent due to the never ending spam of lab farm squads.

That's reason enough. Just give them a shared spot on the central tyria category.

@LSD.4673 said:

@"Vayne.8563" said:I don't understand why it's so difficult to look for a Silverwastes group in Central Tyria Squads, since that's where people list it. It's not like there's usually ten groups in that window. Most of the time there's only a couple. Why make even more categories?

It's halloween. Rather than list lab farm in "festivals", everyone lists it in central tyria. Which means the one or two silverwastes/RIBA squads that were there are now non-existent due to the never ending spam of lab farm squads.

That's reason enough. Just give them a shared spot on the central tyria category.

Context is everything. My post is dated October 11,th when that wasn't the case. It was true at the time of posting, and when people before me made their posts.

There are a lot of LFG categories already (refer https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Looking_For_Group). I don't think adding yet another one is helpful as there are already 17. Some people simply don't bother going to the right category, example: halloween lab runs in the Central Tyria categories swamping out RIBA squads, although Festivals is one of the tabs.

The problem isn't the tool. The problem is how some people are using it.