Swampland fractal wisp puzzle

Well, all people have to do is watch a video and go in alone at T1 to try the paths a few times to learn them.That being said a lot of people don't want to put in any effort when it comes to fractals. People are the problem, not the fractal itself.Use a mesmer to make a portal for them if you want to make things easier for yourself, can always switch back to another class after wisps.

Why I see every time in the forums people cry about mechanics / game modes ?

Like when the community cried about "Slippery Slope" and "Birds" on fractals. Just because you fail and not good enough to face advanced mechanics doesn't mean it should be removed from the game. If it is too hard for you skip the day clear.

Its hard, yes, the difficulty step betwen t2 and t3 is surreal.

Said this, this is the charm of the fractal, My only complain is that the game looks so dark without reshade and you can's see the beartraps, which screws you over if you step on one.

Takes time to master, and a lot of group coordination. People underestimate the Invigorator Rifle Prototypes and its a good option if you don't have supporting skills to help people carrying the whisps.

@Mad Queen Malafide.7512 said:The wisp puzzle is super simple and yet I constantly run into T3 groups that still don't get it. I don't think I have ever found it fun when my team does know what to do. And for that reason alone, I would vote in favor of removing it (and replacing it with something that IS fun).

It used to be 30sec on all levels. T3 is the first time now you have to do it like it was on release 7 years ago. T1 -T2 are just so easy that nobody learns any mechanic or puzzle there.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:Is it really neccesery necessary to exist. Alot A lot of pugs i I played with seems to be unable to sync it. Wouldnt Wouldn't it be easier to remove it and make a path to tread through to the secondery secondary boss ?

It's very necessary to have. It teaches a timed mechanic that's relevant later in the fight with Bloomhunger.

• 1 month later...

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@medivh.4725 said:At least create some short cuts or extend the timings or something. I literally hate having to do swampland and the players kept leaving and leaving. I hated it.

There are tons of shortcuts. It used to be 30sec even at level 1. Some classes can even solo it.

They aren't the sort of shortcuts you stumble upon for a miraculous last second save. They're the sort of shortcuts you know through research and practice, and can feel kinda buggy with the weird collision, which kinda takes the fun out of it imho.

Perfect example of making things easier leading to players never bothering to "learn" or improve at something. Back when the timer was 30s across the board, players were faced with having to "learn" how to do this mechanic.

The timer is very generous in lower ranks as to give some leeway for players to learn and memorize how to get the wisps to the logs. Now if players just brainafk through every trap on the way, refuse to adjust builds (for personal swiftness or condi cleanse as example) and don't realize that they barely made the time on a lower rank, there should be no surprise that no actual player skill improvement takes place. Net result: a lot of inept players in T3.

To reiterate:

• the lower ranks of this fractal are intended to prepare you for the shorter timers in T3 and T4
  • being unable, unwilling, to stupid, or what ever reason to actually react to feedback the game gives and improve on it is personal player ineptitude
  • there are tons of guides available by now as to how to get each of the wisps to the logs for any player who wants to improve but is unable or unwilling to do so on their own
  • if far is such a huge issue learn to run far yourself, then worst case reset until only 1 far wisps spawns and you never have to deal with issues in this fractal again. Stop relying on others to carry you through this game
  • Sad 1