Alliance vs New World

pukish.5784

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:They need another year to fix up the fail.Honestly it's for the best.I wonder if they even can recover. They have to build up alot of hype in that year and honestly, I cant imagine that happening. People are already not interested anymore.

Heck if CU can still get a glance, NW can.I'm glad Crucible happened soon enough for them to internalize what making blah also-rans is worth in market share.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LetoII.3782 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:They need another year to fix up the fail.Honestly it's for the best.I wonder if they even can recover. They have to build up alot of hype in that year and honestly, I cant imagine that happening. People are already not interested anymore.

Heck if CU can still get a glance, NW can.I'm glad Crucible happened soon enough for them to internalize what making blah also-rans is worth in market share.CU gets a glance? I thought it was determined to be a scam by now lol.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

As Leto said, it's for the best. You don't take a game designed at its core to be sandbox, always-on PvP content then switch mid-way through development to a PvE theme park and release on schedule with very little content. It would've been an unfinished disaster like Crucible to release it this year.

@Teratus.2859 said:Will new world have a mandatory sub? if so i won't even bother with a free trail.Its b2p like GW2, but of course we have no idea what their cashshop will ultimately look like. Being backed by the huge cash cow amazon I wouldnt expect anything too egregious, but then again if you look at tencent backed games...

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Will new world have a mandatory sub? if so i won't even bother with a free trail.Its b2p like GW2, but of course we have no idea what their cashshop will ultimately look like. Being backed by the huge cash cow amazon I wouldnt expect anything
too
egregious, but then again if you look at tencent backed games...

Oh Tencent is involved with it?In that case I want nothing to do with it.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Will new world have a mandatory sub? if so i won't even bother with a free trail.Its b2p like GW2, but of course we have no idea what their cashshop will ultimately look like. Being backed by the huge cash cow amazon I wouldnt expect anything
too

No, it's an Amazon title.Tencent was used as an example of worse than

@LetoII.3782 said:

too

No, it's an Amazon title.Tencent was used as an example of
worse than

Ahh yes my mistake.I knew it was Amazon but thought Tencent had partnered with them on the game.I Googled it and quickly glanced over the results and mistook their partnership with New Worlds Deveolpment for the game New World xDShould have read it more carefully, my bad.

• 2 months later...

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Its amazons first game. Lets see first if they screw up or not.No its not.

They shipped Crucible a while ago, but it was apparently so kitten its probably the only game in history that been officially released only to go back to being closed beta.

Actually, Crucible is now cancelled and the devs were transferred to work on New World.

I played New World quite a bit before they pulled it to redo a bunch of the PvP mechanics. It was a pretty great PvP game when they pulled it to develop it further. It was solid even in its Alpha state. Early on dying in New World had a pretty severe death penalty with loss of gear which I liked. They retooled it a bit as the game went along and softened it. Sounds like they are going to soften it even further once beta rolls around.

My only dig at the game is that it was slow paced more akin to Monster Hunter than flying all around the battlefield. I play too much GW2 with the Action Camera setting on and Battlefront 2 so the game play felt lethargic.

@Zok.4956 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Its amazons first game. Lets see first if they screw up or not.No its not.

They shipped Crucible a while ago, but it was apparently so kitten its probably the only game in history that been officially released only to go back to being closed beta.

Actually, Crucible is now cancelled and the devs were transferred to work on New World.

Oh wow. Does that mean New World will turn into GW2?

Will we see the return of Colin Johandsome as a game mascot?