Is metabattle for Revenants outdated or bugged?

Sifu.9745

I have been checking for some nice condi revenant builds for sPvP on MetaBattle and, oh boy, i was shocked when i saw a condi Herald build with M/Sh + Staff (condi hearald?????) and then a Power Renegade with SB! I mean a Power Short Bow + Staff Renegade???? Is this a joke or meta is completely outdated? SB is a pure condi dmg! If i want to play Herald i would go for Power build and Renegade for Condi. But meta favourizes the opposite: power renegade with SB and a condi Herald. i just can't take this serious any more. A power SB ROLF! Condition weapons are SB + Mace/Axe, but i can't find these combination on meta. Also why the Staff is number 1 weapon for pvp, no matter if condi or power?

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

• AoE Weakness on the 2? Nice
  • A 2 second block + blind on the 3? Nice
  • AoE Heal + AoE Condi Cleanse +Blast (which even more AoE Condi Cleanse in a lightfield) on the 4? Very Nice
  • Movement + Evade + CC on the 5? Very Nice

To elaborate on Renewing Wave, it's the only weapon skill for the entire class that removes condi without being traited or being a finisher, and shield is locked behind Herald.

Gotta disagree on SotM being Very Nice anymore. It's become a joke of its former self and is only useful as an interrupt tool for stomps and rezzing or dodge if you absolutely need it. It does no damage, still has to be manually aimed, the delay makes sidestepping it ridiculously easy and there's no benefit for even getting that lucky perfect line up.

No it's not outdated. Shortbow has more power damage than condi btw, and also condis suck.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Gotta disagree on SotM being Very Nice anymore. It's become a joke of its former self and is only useful as an interrupt tool for stomps and rezzing or dodge if you absolutely need it. It does no damage, still has to be manually aimed, the delay makes sidestepping it ridiculously easy and there's no benefit for even getting that lucky perfect line up.

It's a very good DEFENSIVE tool. There is almost no reason to use it offensively.

@Tayga.3192 said:No it's not outdated. Shortbow has more power damage than condi btw, and also condis suck.

I am sure, if you play it with Sinister Amulet, you can do way more dmg than Berserker or Marauder? Anyway i am new to revenant and i have absolutely no idea why Herald is a condi spec on meta and why Renegade is Power. If you really insist that SB is more power then condi, why then Staff (which is pure power and support) is taken on condi herald?I just want a condi build, that's all, because i suck with power builds. I can only kill people when playing condi: Mesmer, Guardian, Thief and warrior.

@"Sifu.9745" said:

I just want a condi build, that's all, because i suck with power builds. I can only kill people when playing condi: Mesmer, Guardian, Thief and warrior.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkex7lhQKsIyiJRXMICjBSiMBqgDrSZrD-zZoOkelCBMCiYBIwB

Glint/Mallyx with Corruption/Retribution/Herald. 2,1,1, 1,1,2, 1,3,1. Mace, Embrace the Darkness and the legend swap do most of the damage. The sword & shield are to gain time between swaps; is a very tanky build, with a fair access to resistance, protection and weakness, plus A LOT of cc. My fav condi build playing with pugs.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkex7lhQKsIyiJRXMICjBSiMBqgDrSZrD-zZoOkelCBMCiYBIwB

Glint/Mallyx with Corruption/Retribution/Herald. 2,1,1, 1,1,2, 1,3,1. Mace, Embrace the Darkness and the legend swap do most of the damage. The sword & shield are to gain time between swaps; is a very tanky build, with a fair access to resistance, protection and weakness, plus A LOT of cc. My fav condi build playing with pugs.

Thx a lot :) I will give it a try.

@Tayga.3192 said:No it's not outdated. Shortbow has more power damage than condi btw, and also condis suck.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Gotta disagree on SotM being
Very Nice
anymore. It's become a joke of its former self and is only useful as an interrupt tool for stomps and rezzing or dodge if you absolutely need it. It does no damage, still has to be manually aimed, the delay makes sidestepping it ridiculously easy and there's no benefit for even getting that lucky perfect line up.

It's a very good DEFENSIVE tool. There is almost no reason to use it offensively.

Oh yes it will always be a good defensive tool but it just further pushes staff into a support and defensive weapon with almost no offensive presence. I don't want SotM to be what it was when the perfect cast could delete 50% of someone's health, but we kind of swung too far in the other direction when you're doing 9 damage per hit and we're also stuck with this awful delay.

Renegade has a lot of niche/viable builds:

Mender Kalla + Jallis/Shiro (Bunker)Sage Shiro + Jallis (Roamer - What I play)Zerker Kalla + Shiro/Jallis (DPS teamfighter)Zerker Shiro + Jallis (Roamer)Mender Ventari + X (Niche Support)

It's wide variety of viable playstyles is why I like Renegade so much. Haven't looked back ever since swapping from weaver.

@"Sifu.9745" said:I have been checking for some nice condi revenant builds for sPvP on MetaBattle and, oh boy, i was shocked when i saw a condi Herald build with M/Sh + Staff (condi hearald?????) and then a Power Renegade with SB! I mean a Power Short Bow + Staff Renegade???? Is this a joke or meta is completely outdated? SB is a pure condi dmg! If i want to play Herald i would go for Power build and Renegade for Condi. But meta favourizes the opposite: power renegade with SB and a condi Herald. i just can't take this serious any more. A power SB ROLF! Condition weapons are SB + Mace/Axe, but i can't find these combination on meta. Also why the Staff is number 1 weapon for pvp, no matter if condi or power?

shortbow indeed has pretty high power dmg output too. + renegades minions do high dmg from power too.While condi herald is an extremely tanky build. Because condis just need "condition dmg" and can choose some extra vitality or smth, while power needs 3stats

And staff is the best weapon on revs to increase their sustain / time before death. Thats why its a loved second weapon-choice. Even though it doesnt have much dmg output.

But yes, most parts of metabattles revenant builds are outdated. PvP excluded this time.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Oh yes it will always be a good defensive tool but it just further pushes staff into a support and defensive weapon with almost no offensive presence. I don't want SotM to be what it was when the perfect cast could delete 50% of someone's health, but we kind of swung too far in the other direction when you're doing 9 damage per hit and we're also stuck with this awful delay.

In my opinion, staff should be a pure self defense + utility weapon like it is right now. There is no need for it to do good damage (maybe except for autos).

But we'd be here all day if we argue design choices so let's leave it at that.

@Sifu.9745 said:I have been checking for some nice condi revenant builds for sPvP on MetaBattle and, oh boy, i was shocked when i saw a condi Herald build with M/Sh + Staff (condi hearald?????) and then a Power Renegade with SB! I mean a Power Short Bow + Staff Renegade???? Is this a joke or meta is completely outdated? SB is a pure condi dmg! If i want to play Herald i would go for Power build and Renegade for Condi. But meta favourizes the opposite: power renegade with SB and a condi Herald. i just can't take this serious any more. A power SB ROLF! Condition weapons are SB + Mace/Axe, but i can't find these combination on meta. Also why the Staff is number 1 weapon for pvp, no matter if condi or power?

Dude that Power SB Ren is actually a 1shot build. And it works because of the 1200 range frequent taunt that it has to make you run into the burst.