Some new Questions

Hey, a few questions from a returner. Hope you understand my English ^^.

1. what are Strike-Missions? Have read again and again that they are the entry to Raids now?Before I got out over a year ago, I was actively raiding. But now that I started with a new account to get my fun back for GW2 I wonder if it would be easier to try these Strike Missions later to get some gold? Do you need ASC-Gear for that ?Are they really as hard as many here on the forums say or are PUG groups completely enough for them?because I don't know yet when and if I will look for a permanent group to play. I like challenges. Loved Raids and CM. Only both things were content that I preferred to play with a static. Because of the difficulty.(Can I even play them with HOT and POF-story only?)

2. what is hidden behind the episodes you still have to buy? I only bought the Pof-Version, so I only have the main stories and I won't be able to afford the episodes you have to buy in some time, because i currently have other priorities what i want to use my gold for. But now I've heard that I can't do a lot of things without it, e.g. the sky scale (I know you can do everything without it, I'm only interested in what I have to do without it ^^)But I should be able to do the Griffin, right?

3. is Arc-DPS still allowed?

Maybe someone can help me. Otherwise I will probably find out all this while im playing the game, I was just interested.

Have a nice day

Hi,

1 - Strike Mission are designed to be a stepping stone to raids ; it's a 10-man instanced content with 1 boss and specific mechanics for each strike (like raids)Strike missions don't give a lot of money (something like 50 silver) but they give

• red/blue or green shards and red/blue or green crystal if you finish the daily Priority Strike (you can buy ASC gear with them)
  • Sometimes a better reward who can be sold for some gold or exchanged to the NPC
  • The first strike (shiverpeaks pass) don't need mastery to open the chests but the others need Icebrood saga's masteries (Vigilance Resilience and Valor Essence Manipulation tier 2 at least)

Exotic gear is enough to start strike missions, they are easiest than raid and you can easily PUG it
The 3 first (shiverpeaks, Kodans and Fraenir) are easyThe 2 second (Whisper and Boneskinner) are less forgivable if you (or others ppl in your squad) don't know the mechanics (but if you were raiding and CM before, there will be no difficulty)Cold War is a mob rush then a fight like other strikesForging steel is between a strike and a living world part and is way longer (could take up to 30 min depending on your group) and have CM

You can do to them by using the portal at the Eye of the North but you need Icebrood Saga to have access to the area (and POF to do them)

2 -LW2 -> just the storyLW3 -> Easy access to ascended gear by using money of the new maps (ring/accessories/necklace and backpack) and a new downed skillLW4 -> 2 new mounts : Skyscale and Rollerbeetle ; 3 new mount's skills ; access to ascended gear like in LW3Icebrood Saga -> new skill to CC in strike mission and Mastery to open rewards chests

Yes some area are easiest to access with the skyscale but the others mounts are enough to join themAnd yes you can get the griffon, it's a POF mount so nothing related to LW

3 - Yes Arc DPS is still allowed but Arc Template is not

Welcome back ! :)

@Chyanne Waters.8719 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:Thanks a lot :DThen I will continue leveling my Mesmer and work my way up the small fractals. Since I started from zero, the rest will take a while anyway.

Mesmers are great, but you should take the time to play other professions too. You may find builds that are fun to play alongside your mesmer

I played gw2 4-5 years, so I know all classes :), thanks. And don't worry, I know that it is good to be diverse :D

So I just have to ask. As a returning beginner I am no newcomer and know many things.That's the reason why I want to get into T4 Fraks as soon as possible (not because I have the bad luck to always get the newbies in T1 and T2 who are totally unfriendly and expect you to do everything for them ...)

But the only thing that prevents me from doing so are Empyreal Fragments. I run T1+T2 every day and often get nothing. I haven't found Bandit Boxes Run's in my playing time and I rarely enjoy Wvw (although I have gotten most of them there so far).And dungeons ... are dead. There I often wait forever for groups ...I have no Draconis Mons~.

How to get Empyreal Fragment without waiting for months until I have 30 bars.I remember that stuff in T4 dropped in masses. Why do you hardly get that in T1 and T2? Where you need it most ...

Is there any invisible, unknown, non-wiki way that has nothing to do with new maps and Wvw or PVP?

Or do I still have to run AFK-Farm in Wvw after all? xx

@Fuchslein.8639 said:So I just have to ask. As a returning beginner I am no newcomer and know many things.That's the reason why I want to get into T4 Fraks as soon as possible (not because I have the bad luck to always get the newbies in T1 and T2 who are totally unfriendly and expect you to do everything for them ...)

But the only thing that prevents me from doing so are Empyreal Fragments. I run T1+T2 every day and often get nothing. I haven't found Bandit Boxes Run's in my playing time and I rarely enjoy Wvw (although I have gotten most of them there so far).And dungeons ... are dead. There I often wait forever for groups ...I have no Draconis Mons~.

How to get Empyreal Fragment without waiting for months until I have 30 bars.I remember that stuff in T4 dropped in masses. Why do you hardly get that in T1 and T2? Where you need it most ...

Is there any invisible, unknown, non-wiki way that has nothing to do with new maps and Wvw or PVP?

Or do I still have to run AFK-Farm in Wvw after all? xx

Dungeon runs 20 a pop any chest or jump puzzle end chest rewards them aswell.

@Fuchslein.8639 said:As I wrote. Dungeons are dead ^^''. Some of them I waited forever until my group contained at least 3 people.And JP is also not a good alternative, because you only get the chest once a day and I like JP but I don't feel like farming them all every day.

You can solo or duo most dungeons with the powercreep.Maybe look for a guild that do dungeons they arent dead just on life support.EditBtw what do you need it for in tier 1 and 2 fractals cant think of anything to use it for other then eaters myself.

@"Jorhn.3926" said:If you are talking about this :https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empyreal_Fragment

The fastest way (IMO) is to farm meta events/pre events and chests in HoT (Verdant Brink/Auric Basin/Tangled Depths)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Airship_Cargohttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exalted_Chesthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystallized_Supply_Cache

Oh thank you aigain :) . Didn't see you could get that out of there. So far I only farmed Dragonstand, because that's what I enjoy most. But I have to do the other maps to get the stuff anyway.