cannot group up and see apple or commander map

i have a paid expansion account and was never f2p or banned. my status is always on-line with the green dot. however, i have a problem with grouping up. either the player cannot send me an invite or i cannot send an invite the other players. another problem is seeing other players' apple or commander map icons. on higher lvl zones, no problem. on lower lvl zones, it feel like an almond joy bar commercial, sometimes i see them and sometimes i don't. last night, in queensdale, some player in the chat helped with vic, the iron on his/her tag. no one saw the tag. but when you got there the tag was up. it is driving me crazy. any comments why this is happening?

There is an in-game setting. Under Game Menu (the cog) > Options > Groups (second-to-last category) > Show All Commander Tags. This is a check box. Do you have it ticked? If not, tick it.

Edited to add: if the commander has the squad locked, you won't be able to /sqjoin. Also, sometimes there is a bug with squads/parties and the comm can't invite you - I've experienced this in WvW. I don't know what triggers it. It might be "fixed" by someone in the squad being lt, and them inviting you. That bug is very annoying.

@"Hesione.9412" said:There is an in-game setting. Under Game Menu (the cog) > Options > Groups (second-to-last category) > Show All Commander Tags. This is a check box. Do you have it ticked? If not, tick it.

Edited to add: if the commander has the squad locked, you won't be able to /sqjoin. Also, sometimes there is a bug with squads/parties and the comm can't invite you - I've experienced this in WvW. I don't know what triggers it. It might be "fixed" by someone in the squad being lt, and them inviting you. That bug is very annoying.

ok. tysvm.