Is ranked more fun even if I'm pretty bad?

GuyZ.9058

Overall i think ranked will give you a better experience.

I feel there's a spot you have the moat valanced matches when you are 1280-1380.

Lower than that you're in afk and bot hell

Higher than that you're in plat duo hell, often you'll "complete" a higher ranked match that will feel pretry much like your unrankeds. If you win or lose os defined by you're matched with or against the plat duo.

generally whatever the games I play I play 100% ranked only, simply to have more even games. Its more fun for me, but GW 2 is THE ONLY game where I started playing unranked since the game is so shit, so its hard to say if it applies here.I suggest, playing ranked only, and not giving a damn how far you can push, just enjoy even-ish matches. Normals can be a real cluster - fuck

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:I do not think so imo. Im a gold 3 player and i constantly get placed against the top 10s whos are more then 300+ rank points away.....so most of the time when i just want to fight ppl on my lvl i do unranked.If theres anything that needs changing its the maatch making algorithm. Worst code ever divised

I get in those matches too in my alt account, the threshold is 1280 higher than that game goes insane and i find myself playing with 1600+ much more then I woukd like

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Unranked is fun if you enjoy off meta builds or want a casual pvp experience

Well you say that but i feel like pretty regularly I'm going into unranked and getting stomped by dragon banners and llamas. like i'm up against people usually who take pvp super seriously and i feel like our bunnies and deers don't quite stack up.

@GuyZ.9058 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Unranked is fun if you enjoy off meta builds or want a casual pvp experience

Well you say that but i feel like pretty regularly I'm going into unranked and getting stomped by dragon banners and llamas. like i'm up against people usually who take pvp super seriously and i feel like our bunnies and deers don't quite stack up.

Yeah you are adding joy to my unranked experience. Thank you for your sacrifice.

I only play unranked. I don't understand ranked. Played it 6 or 7 times: lost all. Done with it. I was expecting some easier ranked matches for players who enter for the first time, but in reality it's way harder than unranked. In unranked my win ratio is about 50% and i can play whatever build i want to, even Mender Staff Tempest instead of meta daggers, Engi without Grenades and condi LB berserker with success.

@Sifu.9745 said:I only play unranked. I don't understand ranked. Played it 6 or 7 times: lost all. Done with it. I was expecting some easier ranked matches for players who enter for the first time, but in reality it's way harder than unranked. In unranked my win ratio is about 50% and i can play whatever build i want to, even Mender Staff Tempest instead of meta daggers, Engi without Grenades and condi LB berserker with success.

Nothing is preventing you from playing those builds in ranked.

@GuyZ.9058 said:

you get more plat+ players in unranked, because nobody wants to lose rating with bad teammates, if you are gold, there's plenty of players you can get matched with to get decent quality match up, but if you plat 2 +, the skill gap is too great for ranked to be enjoyable. these people either to alt account or play unranked

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Whether you'll consider PvP fun or not doesn't depend on playing unranked or ranked, as both are the same clown festival.

Dunno, getting in a team with 4 randoms vs a full pt is prolly the thing that annoys me the most in all spvp

You dont know thier a full pt till after the match. And if I end up winning that kind of game with 4 randoms it just makes the win that much more satisfying for me.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Whether you'll consider PvP fun or not doesn't depend on playing unranked or ranked, as both are the same clown festival.

Dunno, getting in a team with 4 randoms vs a full pt is prolly the thing that annoys me the most in all spvp

You dont know thier a full pt till after the match. And if I end up winning that kind of game with 4 randoms it just makes the win that much more satisfying for me.

Usually these matches go 200 - 5 2 minutes in, so it's pretty easy to tell

@"Khalisto.5780" said:Usually these matches go 200 - 5 2 minutes in, so it's pretty easy to tell

It doesn't have to be a premade team.It can just be a bunch of high people "randomly" matched against a bunch of low people.

Additionally, a full premade group doesn't have to be effective.

@"GuyZ.9058" said:Like I know I'm not good, but I feel like unranked can highlight some of the worse disparities in skill level that i know exist between me and some of the really good players that have been on for like 4-7 years.

Exactly. That's what I've been saying for a while. If you're new or below average you should not play unranked.

The games are literally always a mixed bag of players between bronze and high plat. Where the good players typically try out fun to play 1 shot builds "since its unrated anyway". So while you are trying to figure the game out they are running around mowing down you and your team.

@GuyZ.9058 said:Like I know I'm not good, but I feel like unranked can highlight some of the worse disparities in skill level that i know exist between me and some of the really good players that have been on for like 4-7 years.

Eh. The matchmaker does its thing. I tend to do better in unranked unless I'm up against an organized group. The matchmaker will not get you to a 50% win rate if that's what you're asking. That being said, you can still grind legendary armor while never winning a single match (note, I'm not talking about neck/back which absolutely do require wins).