Mastery Points in Story Quests HoT

So, I just finished the story "prisoners of the dragon"I noticed I got awarded a mastery point for HoT in the middle of it, as I was killing the mordrem overseer.Then I got another one at the end of the mission. I started looking at my achievements and counted the ones I got for HoT and sure enough I have more mastery points than what I should have gotten from achievements. (I had 2 extra, which suggests maybe it happening in a previous story). I used GW2Efficiency to cross check..

Are there hidden mastery points unlocked that are not tied to achievements? is there a site that lists these?

here is an example.. Not my vid but it seemed like you tubers had the same thing happen to them

<-- timestamp: 17:23 after killing mordrem overseer mid story.<-- timestamp: 31:50 at the end of the story and completion.

@"Linken.6345" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocksMaybe you did a adventure like salvage pit for example or picked up a strongbox?

No im sure i havent.. as in the video i posted above (timestamp 17:23) i got the mastery point just as i killed mordrem overseer in that story mission.Then another one at the end.. so far i cant find a corresponding achievement for it. I will cross reference GW2efficiency again. but im sure the math suggested i have 2 extra.

edit: yea 17 from achievements. but 19 spent. 2 extra

There is 1 hidden Mastery Point that doesn't have an Achievement associated with it which comes from the Defeat Mayatl the Fierce (The Itzel Champion)

All other HoT Mastery Points should have an associated achievement. Though, keep in mind when checking through that HoT Mastery Acheivements are spread across multiple sections in the Achievement list (HoT Story, LW3, Mastery Insights, HoT Maps and HoT Raids)

@"Taril.8619" said:There is 1 hidden Mastery Point that doesn't have an Achievement associated with it which comes from the Defeat Mayatl the Fierce (The Itzel Champion)

All other HoT Mastery Points should have an associated achievement. Though, keep in mind when checking through that HoT Mastery Acheivements are spread across multiple sections in the Achievement list (HoT Story, LW3, Mastery Insights, HoT Maps and HoT Raids)

yeah that's what's confusing me.. i plugged my API to g2efficiency and sorted all of the heart of thorns completed mastery.. and i counted 17 total.. yet when i look at my character screen, i totaled what i have plus what i spent.. it equates to 19.. I'm at work right now, ill triple check tonight when i get home..

@"Linken.6345" said:You sure the extra point was not from completing the whole Heart of Thorns Act 1 Mastery then?EditBeen awhile pretty sure the mastery in your video is this one, you get it when you storm the mordem prison camp not at the compeltion of the story step.

https://en.gw2treasures.com/achievement/2201

Nope i havent completed all of Act 1 achievements yet to complete the whole thing. my example from prisoners of the dragon is exactly as the video i linked.

at time stamp 17:23 you can see 1 mastery point earned after killing mordrem overseer.. claimed it.THEN at time stamp 31:50 is when that story step completes. you can see he was awarded another mastery point.

Ok I think I figured it out.. I think the way HoT masteries are awarded is a little bugged..

I just got 2 more achievements in HoT.. that is supposed to award me a mastery point, but it didnt.. then a third achievement which awarded me a mastery point in the middle of a story.. rather than the end....so potential verdict... might just be a little buggy.