Storm Tracking Problems

I can't seem to complete this instance. I'm trying to do it on my griffon because it's the only mount I can control well enough to keep ahead of the storm, but that only works for me until I need to take the left turn right before the purple crystal-looking thing on the rock ahead. No matter how fast I complete the first part, turning left causes me to get caught in the storm and die. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anyone know how to avoid the purple storm once I turn left?

Maybe do raptor for the first bits, swap to griffon for the long rising leap part?

Also your problem could be you are trying to short cut. Follow the raptor route, tag the orbs that refresh your endurance for leaps.

From the wiki "With Kralkatorrik now approaching, mount up on a raptor (useful combination of ability to jump over debris/canyons and move reasonably fast). Follow the aspect of glint through the ruins, using orbs of volatile magic to recharge your endurance. There are two points where the path seems to run out and you are pushed backwards by strong winds - keep going when the next section loads. At the end you will encounter low-gravity effects similar to those encountered in the Shattered Observatory - just aim for the platforms and jump (safe in the knowledge that you'll make it). Jump into the rift at the end. "

Good luck!

• 6 months later...

@Celtic Lady.3729 said:The orbs work the same way for the griffon. I get a speed boost from them for the griffon, too. And I'm still doing it faster on the griffon than the raptor. I just can't beat the storm once I make that first turn.

I was having the same problem after numerous deaths and frustration, yet just managed to finish with this tip. Watch a video of the run, use your griffon, then once past first turn to left, fly to right and keep flying toward end. Dont bother about the 'prescribed path' or boosts, just fly toward end. They've lowered gravity settings, you'll be able to keep afloat and just aim for portal. Second attempt this way I made it just in time.