Thoughts on today's "balance"?

mrauls.6519

I don't think these changes are going to make the meta any better. Thoughts?

Edit: I haven't seen comments this detailed in a while. I hope the anet team goes through this thread without taking anything to heart & is able to produce better balance patches going forward.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing, considering silence and time it took to release since the last one. Heavy-handed as usual too. No meaningful reworks. Bad professions remain bad. Core guard monkey symbolspawn did just ruin symbols for all guard specs, and FB kind of relied on those despite already being in a bad spot.

@c u again.3267 said:absolutely nothing will change, good job not touching decap scrapper/core guardian lol. another patch that makes the game more braindead

Not touching decap scrapper? Excuse me, what?!

System Shocker: Reduced base barrier gained from 724 to 362 in PvP only.Bulwark Gyro: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.Throw Mine: Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.Personal Battering Ram: Increased ammo recharge from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.

How is that not touching decap scrapper? They even doubled the cooldown of throw mine and halfed the barrier from system shocker. What did you expect them to do, disable the scrapper elite spec completely in PvP?

Balance? More like a bunch of random nerfs done by interns.Guard dead.Ele ded.Holosmith though? Still more than alive.
P.S. Extra kudos to the 'special' sPvP treatment that the already extinct commute receives. Keep up the good work nerfing things into oblivion until we are left with an auto attack, a stick, and a loincloth.

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:throw mine + battering ram nerf is lol. baddies call for bad nerfs, and anet gives it to em. big reason why pvp is dead.

those nerfs have been the best this patch, right next to symbol nerf

im big happy about these too:

Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit: Reduced might stacks per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only.Lesser Grenade Barrage: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.5 to 0.3 in PvP only.Flashbang: Reduced blind duration from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.

holo might nerf is long overdue. 1 sec blind would have been nice too, but its a start

The hidden thief nerf is just bad. 0.25 seconds of stealth on steal? Why even have stealth on it at all now? That's not enough time to even land a backstab.

No necro nerfs at all. No buffs to severely underperforming and underrepresented classes.

I'm out. I'll just stick to WvW. PvP is an utter clown fiesta now.

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:throw mine + battering ram nerf is lol. baddies call for bad nerfs, and anet gives it to em. big reason why pvp is dead.

those nerfs have been the best this patch, right next to symbol nerf

only the problem with those nerfs tells me the person who made them has no idea how to balance. balance isn't removing options, its making them in line with others. besides battering ram can still hit you easily with its 1/4 sec activation time and 5 sec recharge, and complaining about throw mine? you seriously have no idea how to play the game if you think that skill is a problem. good news tho, its isn't now since its now useless. not that it was ever a problem for people other then noobs.

i really don't understand why anet continually draws upon the ideas of the clueless.