How top stats did the direct opposite of what it tried to do...

supvil.3470

So what's the idea behind top stats?

The idea was to not have people blindly staring at stats. Comparing stats might lead to toxic behavior. So instead they added top stats to reward the guys who did exceptionally while avoiding any discussion about people who underperformed. Sounds good in theory.

The reality is that in people's heads you either have top stats or....did no damage, kills, healing at all. And there is no way (within the game) to prove them wrong.

So while this idea tried to prevent toxic behavior, it did the direct opposite. This is literally a discussion/statement made by players after every (lost) game.

Meanwhile, there is no way for people who are trying to learn to compare their stats with others who play a comparable prof / role.

Please anet...show all stats. :)

Claiming all top stats for is being toxic is complete gibberish. I know some ppl, even some top teir players, say stats don’t actually matter. But stats matter a lot and to say otherwise, while it can be true in some cases, is just not true. Saying remove stats is like asking us to remove half of pvp and keep playing it.Removing top stats is usually just the “anarchist” front for ppl who just don’t care about the match.

Top Stats can matter if your doing the right things. I'vr seen some people get top stats by 2v1'ing a bunker forever on a node they didn't own and land top dmg. I mean sure you did a lot of dmg and they probably felt like they were mashing their keys like crazy, but they didn't actually accomplish anything except throwing the match lol

@supvil.3470 said:So what's the idea behind top stats?

The idea was to not have people blindly staring at stats. Comparing stats might lead to toxic behavior. So instead they added top stats to reward the guys who did exceptionally while avoiding any discussion about people who underperformed. Sounds good in theory.

The reality is that in people's heads you either have top stats or....did no damage, kills, healing at all. And there is no way (within the game) to prove them wrong.

So while this idea tried to prevent toxic behavior, it did the direct opposite. This is literally a discussion/statement made by players after every (lost) game.

Meanwhile, there is no way for people who are trying to learn to compare their stats with others who play a comparable prof / role.

Please anet...show all stats. :)

The day that toxicity is somehow prevented in a pvp game mode will be the same day jesus returns and cthulu rises from the sea.

@vorpal.1497 said:Sorry but if you did 15% of team damage you were objectively unhelpful

Not necessarily. Some classes will do more damage due to aoe. Decappers will rarely cross the 20% mark in a competitive game. Though they should have top offensive stats.

However, stats are very useful benchmarks to compare with similar players/builds. It also is very useful indicator that the match making failed. If I did 30%+ of my team damage and 30%+ of my team healing, something went really wrong in the match making.

And overall, saying that measurements are toxic is very silly.

@vorpal.1497 said:Sorry but if you did 15% of team damage you were objectively unhelpful

or maybe you are the suport guy that overperformed also in dmg doing the 15% and is the problem of the others that didnt enoudh dmg... not having stats of all game aspects: debuf condis aplied, boons aplied, heal divided in self and to others etc etc makes stats worthles>@Fueki.4753 said:

The biggest problem with top stats is, that they seemingly are rewarded at random.Sometimes, people who hardly contributed anything get top stats, while the ones contributing the most get nothing.

nothey are not random, they aremeaningles, someone can get top dmg fighting versus a bunker in an unowned point an unending fight and have real 0 contributiom but real top dmg

I actually really liked that very brief period of time when it showed ALL stats. you could see the amount of condition damage you took, power damage, the amount of interrupts you did, the amount of boons you generated, the amount of boons you stripped, etc. These stats I felt were actually incredibly helpful for seeing if your build performs as you expect it and how you can improve it. But this current implementation is toxic because you can literally be mvp but have no top stats.

lul, you can play power mesmer, do your job and focus squishy targets and deal 200-300k dmg, really low.or do what most people do and keep focusing 2x necro mid, get 800k dmg in a match and not do anything really productive.taking 10k from thief matters more then taking 30k from necro, this is why top stats dont mean jack shit.Setting node to white doesnt give much offense while mattering a whole lot.Healing is biggest joke of all, as mesmer I can get ~80k while as holo I can get over 300kYou yourself should know if you had good impact, and shitty stats that have no real barring on the match shouldnt sway your priorities.you can have 2 bunker guards slap each other on white node for 10min to get lots of damage and healing but in reality they didnt do anything amazing.

@megilandil.7506 said:or maybe you are the suport guy that overperformed also in dmg doing the 15% and is the problem of the others that didnt enoudh dmg... not having stats of all game aspects: debuf condis aplied, boons aplied, heal divided in self and to others etc etc makes stats worthles>

Support is unhelpful if it subtracts too much dmg output. All those full support eles and rangers guarantee a loss if the other team run dps centric builds with a handful of support functions apiece