9 months. 14 changes.

Remocpower.1362

With the games current population, probable future population their team probably isn't very large. If they want the expac to release in any decent form in the next couple years they probably need to basically run on maintenance mode to do so unfortunately. With the lay offs and the support the games got over last couple years does it seem like a game the company is heavily invested in? Doesn't to me imo. The steam release was probably a last ditch effort to bring some players into the game. Be interesting to see where gw2 is in 4th quarter of 2022 if thing remain as they are.

@Valelutra.9128 said:Pretty raids, wvw, and pvp have been mostly sunset by arenanet. At least pvp got a bit of attention this time, dunno when any builds will be changed for wvw. Maybe the expac if wvw isn’t discontinued before then.

I suspect that the 3 way in wvw will go away with the Cantha expansion. They will probably reveal Alliance Battles like Factions had, make it 2 sides to try and limit the world stacking we see now. They will put alliances in at the same time, which won't even mean anything, since it will just be a Kurzick vs Luxon redo.

@Valelutra.9128 said:if wvw isn’t discontinued before then.I do not see a way this ever happens. They are still making some money off server transfers from bandwagoners. Granted, will WvW see big changes? Probably not but it is an important part to anets bottom line. This I believe is the main reason that alliances have been stalled because they are trying to figure out a way to monetize it. Not to mention there is legendary gear there that can be earned.

On a side note I play in a 50 man zerg just about every night. While the game mode may be dead to anet its not to its players despite the lack of support we get from anet.

PvP Warrior too weak, make change. Warrior decent now in PvP. Crap in WvW decent in PvE.new change, WvW Warrior is decent, PvP Warrior is decent, PvE Warrior OP.new change PvE Warrior is decent, WvW Warrior is decent, PvP Warrior is weak

cycle continues.

My opinion.You have 2 elite specs and core right?Well make one of the elite specs good in PvPMake the other elite spec good in WvWMake the core spec good in PvE

Balance 1 spec per gamemode rather than all for all modes.

They did good way back then,you only had core, but weapon choice was big deal.Ex. Staff elementalist for WvWEx. Dagger/dagger for PvEEx. Fresh air, scepter focus for PvP

Another issue can be,everybody trying to min/max, game has been out so long, its nothing but MinMax Wars 2A way to solve MinMax wars 2, is have a maximum dps you can deal on PvE and other modes.This way, overkill dps from back then 4 warriors and a mesmer, not really needed. And as long as other professions do the damage they suppose to do, you can drop stuff just as fast as with MinMax due to everyone can meet the maximum allowed damage, and overkill does not make them drop faster.Ex. A boss takes 5% damage TOPS in 30 seconds, sure 4 warriors and a mesmer can do 5% damage in 10 seconds, but now they have to wait 20 seconds to do 5% more, so pretty useless, MINMAX useless in this scenario, since it doesn't mean anything if MinMax can do it in 10 seconds or if a mixed group does it in 25 seconds. Both still did 5% in 30 seconds.

GW2 handles it wrong, this should be in the highest tiers, not just for lower tiers to avoid something dying fast.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:With the games current population, probable future population their team probably isn't very large. If they want the expac to release in any decent form in the next couple years they probably need to basically run on maintenance mode to do so unfortunately. With the lay offs and the support the games got over last couple years does it seem like a game the company is heavily invested in? Doesn't to me imo. The steam release was probably a last ditch effort to bring some players into the game. Be interesting to see where gw2 is in 4th quarter of 2022 if thing remain as they are.

Tera is such a dead game that the NA publisher is shutting down, and yet even that game got more class balance updates than GW2 did in the same span of time.

It's far more likely that Anet is planning reworks for when EoD comes out.

• 2 weeks later...