GW2 file too big while downloading

Hi,I have an issue while installing the game. I know it currently weighs about 48GB when fully installed. However, during the download it appears that the file size is much larger. I have 75GB available on my main drive and when it reaches 78% download it always says that it needs at least 20 more gigs to finish installing ... That's surprising. Does the game really use about 100GB of space while downloading? That's crazy.

I have tried downloading the game to my external hard drive and then transferring it to the main one, but when copying the files the exact same thing happens to me. It copies itself to some extent and then says I need more available space even though 75BG should suffice.

I don't know how to get around this problem and the truth is that I wouldn't want to have to play the game on an HDD with all the loading screens out there ...

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I've searched the internet and couldn't find anything about it. :(

You could download and install on your hdd and then copy/ paste the game directory onto your ssd, update shortcuts for the new location if you are sure you have the space for it. Clear up as much space on your main drive as you can, old windows files saved can add up quickly on smaller ssd's at around 20 gigs each release.

Or you could add an additional ssd to your system just for programs depending on the motherboard and what connections you have available. (M.2, sata, or pcie slots)SSDs have gotten more affordable and larger capacity over the last few years.

@Arlend.3049 said:Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I've searched the internet and couldn't find anything about it. :(

Free up more space on the drive before installing, or get another larger or secondary drive to install the game on. This isn't some trick, or special way to do this, it's a space requirement, you either meet it, or you don't.