Balance patch is very good

Lighter.5631

Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit: Reduced might stacks per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only.Lesser Grenade Barrage: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.5 to 0.3 in PvP only.Flashbang: Reduced blind duration from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.Supply Crate: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 120 seconds in PvP only. Reduced stun duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.

big nerfs on holo, very good, preferred also damage nerf on grenade barrage and explosive entrance tho

System Shocker: Reduced base barrier gained from 724 to 362 in PvP only.Bulwark Gyro: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.Throw Mine: Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.Personal Battering Ram: Increased ammo recharge from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.

big nerfs on decap scrapper, very good

Writ of Persistence: In PvP only, this trait no longer increases the radius of symbols.

braindead symbol core guard nerfed, very good, also less AoE spam visual cluster very good

Sevenshot: Reduced power coefficient per hit from 0.31 to 0.24 in PvP only.Scorchrazor: Increased cooldown from 12 seconds to 18 seconds in PvP only.

power renegade nerf, not sure if it will still be viable, since it wasn't OP like holo to begin with and the numbers are quiet big.hopefully it can still compete with s/s herald and be playable, personally i would like to see nerfs on bunker renegade

Hidden Thief: Reduced base stealth duration from 2 seconds to 0.25 seconds in PvP only.Concealing Restoration: Reduced base stealth duration from 1 second to 0.5 seconds in PvP only.

shadow art stealth duration nerf, very very good

overall patch rating: 4.3/5

@Lighter.5631 said:Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit: Reduced might stacks per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only.Lesser Grenade Barrage: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.5 to 0.3 in PvP only.Flashbang: Reduced blind duration from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.Supply Crate: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 120 seconds in PvP only. Reduced stun duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.

big nerfs on holo, very good

Sorry but how is this good? The nade kit itself was untouched which was the biggest problem and flashbang still has a constant output of blinds and damage.. where is the good part of this?

@Kachros.4751 said:

Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit: Reduced might stacks per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only.
Lesser Grenade Barrage: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.5 to 0.3 in PvP only.Flashbang: Reduced blind duration from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.
Supply Crate: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 120 seconds in PvP only. Reduced stun duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.

big nerfs on holo, very good

Sorry but how is this good? The nade kit itself was untouched which was the biggest problem and flashbang still has a constant output of blinds and damage.. where is the good part of this?

nade kit doesnt do much alone anyway, it's explosive entrance and 20+ might that's keep getting generated from enhanced capacity storage unit that's keeping nade damage high.might gen from that trait is shaved by half.which is basically a decent amount of damage shaved across the board.i also expected small damage nerf on explosive entrance, but w/e that's why i only gave it a 4.3/5, would give 4.5 if EE damage nerf is also included

@Megametzler.5729 said:I like how you didn't even copy the ele changes, because they mean absolutely nothing. :smile:

Also, we all know mesmer is fine as it is.

Ah yea, i kinda forget about that one, less tornado spam is always nice, definitely do make the fights more enjoyable, tho it is only a small part of the tempest kits..so its really w/e..

right now the problem with holo is that it does everything, even if it's balanced in 1v1 against spellbreaker on side node and both players have a chance of winning or losing, why would you take warrior, holo has stealth, safe stomp/rez, range pressure for team fights etc..

i think that goes to mesmer as well, mesmer lacks a niche. not that mesmer is bad, i think mesmer is going in the ranger category. i've seen some really tanky condi mes build that also does really good condi burst. mesmer maybe more viable as shadow arts got nerfed hard. we will see.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:This patch was a complete disappointment.

See this meta? https://metabattle.com/wiki/Conquest

Yeah nothing's going to change.

I doubt, as shadow art nerf is big, and holo take a decent hit in damage.balancing doesn't mean completely rendering these builds garbage tier.

even if the meta kept as it is, i would be ok as the fights are more enjoyable now and these builds actually take more skill, compared to any other meta we've had for 2 years.I would actually like to build on the current meta, instead of destroying it.

i actually enjoy the current meta and the patch shaved what i dislike about it so i like the meta more now. which is what i think balance patches should do tbh.there's almost not a single build in top play doesnt require a decent amount of skill.unlike s/d condi thief, p/d thief, protection holo, AoE spam FB, condi herald, staff condi mirage or any other kitten that came before.

@Lighter.5631 said:Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit: Reduced might stacks per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only.Lesser Grenade Barrage: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.5 to 0.3 in PvP only.Flashbang: Reduced blind duration from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.Supply Crate: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 120 seconds in PvP only. Reduced stun duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.

big nerfs on holo, very good, preferred also damage nerf on grenade barrage and explosive entrance tho

System Shocker: Reduced base barrier gained from 724 to 362 in PvP only.Bulwark Gyro: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.Throw Mine: Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.Personal Battering Ram: Increased ammo recharge from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.

Writ of Persistence: In PvP only, this trait no longer increases the radius of symbols.

braindead symbol core guard nerfed, very good, also less AoE spam visual cluster very good

Sevenshot: Reduced power coefficient per hit from 0.31 to 0.24 in PvP only.Scorchrazor: Increased cooldown from 12 seconds to 18 seconds in PvP only.

power renegade nerf, not sure if it will still be viable, since it wasn't OP like holo to begin with and the numbers are quiet big.hopefully it can still compete with s/s herald and be playable, personally i would like to see nerfs on bunker renegade

Hidden Thief: Reduced base stealth duration from 2 seconds to 0.25 seconds in PvP only.Concealing Restoration: Reduced base stealth duration from 1 second to 0.5 seconds in PvP only.

Cause people like you this game is at this state......Gues what ..when you dont have no one to play aganst.... then you tell ANet how good there game is.....Have a nice kiten day !!!!!!!

@Zee.1294 said:

Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit: Reduced might stacks per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only.
Lesser Grenade Barrage: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.5 to 0.3 in PvP only.Flashbang: Reduced blind duration from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.
Supply Crate: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 120 seconds in PvP only. Reduced stun duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.

System Shocker: Reduced base barrier gained from 724 to 362 in PvP only.Bulwark Gyro: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
Throw Mine: Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
Personal Battering Ram: Increased ammo recharge from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.

Cause people like you this game is at this state......Gues what ..when you dont have no one to play aganst.... then you tell ANet how good there game is.....Have a nice kiten day !!!!!!!

What you are unhappy about the current state of the game?i'm positive that pvp overall has never been in a better state then now since 2019 summer.

@Tharan.9085 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:This patch was a complete disappointment.

See this meta?

you really think metabattle shows the meta?

No, I think playing 4 to 6 ATs a day while often making it to the final round and sometimes winning, shows me what the meta is.

Metabattle is right to label Tempest/Holo/DP Daredevil as the meta in this current patching. Those are the 3x builds that are required to be in play if your team is trying hard to win against other teams that are trying hard. These 3 builds are that important right now because they are that powerful.

Then you have 2 slots left to add these choices for competitive viability: More Holos, Scrapper, Renegade, and sometimes talented Spellbreakers.

Other things are almost completely falling out of high tier competitive viability in conquest.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:This patch was a complete disappointment.

See this meta?

No, I think playing 4 to 6 ATs a day while often making it to the final round and sometimes winning, shows me what the meta is.

Metabattle is right to label Tempest/Holo/DP Daredevil as the meta in this current patching. Those are the 3x builds that are required to be in play if your team is trying hard to win against other teams that are trying hard. These 3 builds are that important right now because they are that powerful.

Then you have 2 slots left to add these choices for competitive viability: More Holos, Scrapper, Renegade, and sometimes talented Spellbreakers.

Other things are almost completely falling out of high tier competitive viability in conquest.

Warrior is better than tempest

Writ of persistence nerf upsets me as symbolbrand was not really meta anymore. Nerfing 1 ability that effects all guardian builds makes no sense instead of targeting the real problem.

This is the problem with how ANET balances PvP, they focus on 1 ability to nerf one particular build, but indirectly nerfs every single guardian

Were people really stumped by the symbol monkey core guards build ? I never encountered a problem against it.

Now facing 2 holosmith or 1 brain dead Decap Scrapper every game, I easily lost 100 games over the last 2 seasons.

Did anyone actually lose a match vs a symbol monkey guardian lol ?

@Tayga.3192 said:

See this meta?

depends on the comp, if comp is more point focused with low mobility, like condi rev, guard, necro, warrior is arguably better, it only works when people are stack together.if comp is more mobility focused and roammy, like power rev, thief, holo, ele is better.which is why i like the current meta a lot.

but anet still owes warrior a power build.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Writ of persistence nerf upsets me as symbolbrand was not really meta anymore. Nerfing 1 ability that effects all guardian builds makes no sense instead of targeting the real problem.

This is the problem with how ANET balances PvP, they focus on 1 ability to nerf one particular build, but indirectly nerfs every single guardian

Were people really stumped by the symbol monkey core guards build ? I never encountered a problem against it.

Now facing 2 holosmith or 1 brain dead Decap Scrapper every game, I easily lost 100 games over the last 2 seasons.

it is a good change in the right direction, without reducing symbol size, guard will never be buffed in other area, and big spammable aoe isn't healthy for the game at all.

Right. Now I'm forced to play grenades anyway because their dmg is unchanged.Enhanced heat capacity could be more easily fixed by making the pulses stop while outside of holo forge. Goes with the holo design of risky burst dmg

I'm gonna abuse grenades as scrapper until anet realizes :( lolOr jsut play sword/shiro heal invulnerable burst reve lmao

2.8/5

+1

if that is the case, why didn't Anet include WvW as well?

(nothing personal Lighter; for 8 years, Anet continues to divide the community by showing partial treatment to their experiences. If it is not the same Toxic Professions, same Toxic Mechanics or the same Toxic Designs, than it sure the same PvP ONLY

Lighter, you and i are not new and know clearly of this Favoritism Practice. PvP only gets all of the attention while WvW is treated as Trash-can...begging for attention

It Is Anet Obligation To Enforce A Unified, Peaceful And Healthy Experience For All Of The Community

Continuing And Allowing Mistreating The Community With Partial Treatment-Favoritism, Only Shows That They Intentionally-(Choice) To Encourage And To Promote Toxicity to Divide WvW Community Resulting In A Unhealthy, Unpeaceful And Toxic Experience For Them

PVP ONLY IS THE DIRECT LONG EFFECT OF ANET FAVORITISM

I will leave with this quote

'The general feeling is, if you don't treat everyone the same you're showing partiality. To me, that's when you show the most partiality, when you treat everyone the same. You must give each individual the treatment that you feel he earns and deserves, recognizing at all times that you're imperfect and you're going to be incorrect oftentimes in your judgment.'

@Teb.6980 said:Right. Now I'm forced to play grenades anyway because their dmg is unchanged.Enhanced heat capacity could be more easily fixed by making the pulses stop while outside of holo forge. Goes with the holo design of risky burst dmg

I'm gonna abuse grenades as scrapper until anet realizes :( lolOr jsut play sword/shiro heal invulnerable burst reve lmao

2.8/5

grenade scrapper isn't good. it's just gimmick build.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

System Shocker: Reduced base barrier gained from 724 to 362 in PvP only.Bulwark Gyro: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
Personal Battering Ram: Increased ammo recharge from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.

+1

(nothing personal Lighter; for 8 years, Anet continues to divide the community by showing partial treatment to their experiences. If it is not the same Toxic Professions, same Toxic Mechanics or the same Toxic Designs, than it sure the same
PvP ONLY

Lighter, you and i are not new and know clearly of this Favoritism Practice. PvP only gets all of the attention while WvW is treated as Trash-can...begging for attention

It Is Anet Obligation To Enforce A Unified, Peaceful And Healthy Experience For All Of The Community

Continuing And Allowing Mistreating The Community With Partial Treatment-Favoritism, Only Shows That They Intentionally-(Choice) To Encourage And To Promote Toxicity to Divide WvW Community Resulting In A Unhealthy, Unpeaceful And Toxic Experience For Them

'The general feeling is, if you don't treat everyone the same you're showing partiality. To me, that's when you show the most partiality, when you treat everyone the same. You must give each individual the treatment that you feel he earns and deserves, recognizing at all times that you're imperfect and you're going to be incorrect oftentimes in your judgment.'

you know it's impossible to balance WvW, it is in the core systtem of the mode.if they really wanted to really balance wvw, they will need to start by deleting trailblazer, dire and minstrel stats from wvw lol, not sure how will that be done.also pve stats+food+buffs are way over the top, need to be standardized/reduced.if these fundamentals can't be altered, wvw will never have any thing close to even the worse balance stat of spvp.

and for small fights, it is literally impossible either, that a huge map without any important objective for roamers other then killing has always favored stealth class with high mobility, slow class should get stealth and high mobility class should never get stealth in this set up.

@felix.2386 said:

See this meta?

depends on the comp, if comp is more point focused with low mobility, like condi rev, guard, necro, warrior is arguably better, it only works when people are stack together.if comp is more mobility focused and roammy, like power rev, thief, holo, ele is better.which is why i like the current meta a lot.

but anet still owes warrior a power build.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Writ of persistence nerf upsets me as symbolbrand was not really meta anymore. Nerfing 1 ability that effects all guardian builds makes no sense instead of targeting the real problem.

it is a good change in the right direction, without reducing symbol size, guard will never be buffed in other area, and big spammable aoe isn't healthy for the game at all.

agree as long as warrior doesnt have a strong damage or bruiser build warriors have right to bitch.nobody makes warrior to run around healing.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

+1

(nothing personal Lighter; for 8 years, Anet continues to divide the community by showing partial treatment to their experiences. If it is not the same Toxic Professions, same Toxic Mechanics or the same Toxic Designs, than it sure the same
PvP ONLY

Honestly if half the changes coming to PvP entered WvW I'd likely quit, there is a reason I dont play PvP and its because honestly its watered down. IF I wanted to play a game that had all of what PvP has but better? Id play smite.

Its something.. but not worthy of nearly a 4 month gap in balance patches.Being that 4 months have passed, where are the Mesmer changes? Where are the Warrior changes? Where are the ele changes? Where are the ... aww forget it, I'll end up writing out every class, since these balance patches have not really addressed any of the main issues, or changed the flow of the meta.

These changes are too slow and too small. Also, the design team and the balance team NEED to become one team (else we will forever have number changes that get called 'balance') When really, we need animation changes, cast time changes, total redesigns on some weapons/skills. The current system will give us ham fisted changes like Lich form, keep it broken but make it last less time "balance".

@Tayga.3192 said:

See this meta?

Shock aura is the best class in GW2.