Thoughts on today's "balance"?

mrauls.6519

@Marxx.5021 said:

@Ovark.2514 said:All good changes for the long-term health of PvP. That said, the flash-bang nerf completely missed the point and needs to be completely reworked. Also, revive skills were not touched so I guess I'm still not PvPing for a while. This patch has made me realize that they are probably putting all their resources into designing the new elite specs so they are letting balance fall to the wayside until the expansion. Hope it's worth it. . .

Thats because cmc is not allowed to balance skills, e.g. he cannot change what a skill does.

Source?

The posts made about changes from CMC stated he wanted to START with number/value changes to get a base line, as they would be easy changes that could be done right away. Skills he stated were now going to be split between all modes and that skill changes were indeed possible (and have been done), however the changes have to be passed to the skills team to review and make as they might involve new animations, sounds, effects etc etc. and as such take longer to do....We are now months and months into this, long past any reasonable time frame to get some serious changes done to skills.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

changes are holo are huge

Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit: Reduced might stacks per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only.this one is hugeSupply Crate: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 120 seconds in PvP only. Reduced stun duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.and this one is also so good

1.5 second on blind is ok, but the two above, specially the first one is huge.

and finally something done about braindead symbol core guard, which i like.

stealth on steal is nerf, also really good.

decap engi nerf good,

tornado nerfed good.

i'm not sure if power renegade still works after the shave tho, need to test, don't really want it to be unplayable.quite a funny build and should be competing with s/s herald.

@"pikachu.2510" said:Ele isn't dead yet so not good enough

LMAO I can see the struggle they have while deciding how to nerf ele even more..like...:" what's left to nerf on this class?" it's their likely question hahaha, hey CMC I can give you few ideas :

1) Increase CD of Fiery greatsword to 300s2) Increase CD of shocking aura to 45s CD3) Make overload 60s between each use or now they share CD..or better add both of them4) Just to make sure ele doesn't overperform increase CD of arcane shield to 75s5) Decrease dmg of Lightning Rod from 250 base dmg...to 50...for purity of purpose

@Marxx.5021 said:

@Ovark.2514 said:All good changes for the long-term health of PvP. That said, the flash-bang nerf completely missed the point and needs to be completely reworked. Also, revive skills were not touched so I guess I'm still not PvPing for a while. This patch has made me realize that they are probably putting all their resources into designing the new elite specs so they are letting balance fall to the wayside until the expansion. Hope it's worth it. . .

Thats because cmc is not allowed to balance skills, e.g. he cannot change what a skill does.

Wow, something is seriously wrong with that. In a world where things make sense, the people who design what the skill DOES should have a PvP heavy background. In PvE (Endgame: Raids, CM Fractals) what determines the meta usually comes down to numbers. Devs in charge of PvE should tweak numbers while PvP devs should tweak functionality.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Source?

The posts made about changes from CMC stated he wanted to START with number/value changes to get a base line, as they would be easy changes that could be done right away. Skills he stated were now going to be split between all modes and that skill changes were indeed possible (and have been done), however the changes have to be passed to the skills team to review and make as they might involve new animations, sounds, effects etc etc. and as such take longer to do....We are now months and months into this, long past any reasonable time frame to get some serious changes done to skills.

The source are postings by anet when they introduced cmc for competitive class balance. I am not aware of any skill changes coming from cmc other than recast time or numbers. Are you refering to mirage traits when you say there were such changes?However this was not a full balance patch. More like a pvp hotfix patch which would not change what a skill does anyway.

@Sifu.9745 said:

@"Ouk.5914" said:
Profession Skills
ElementalistTornado: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 120 seconds in PvP only.

Funny, because Tornado has 150 sec cd, so i don't get that "nerf".Tornado had a 90 second cooldown in PvP. In PvE it's 150 seconds.

If I was in the balance team I would facepalm non stop while reading this thread. People don't get the easiest things.

@Zee.1294 said:Only thing i can say is BOOOOOOOO....ANet .. you are going down.....Waiting 3monts for BALANCE end we Get HALLOKITENWEEN ...Oh Wait... we gona wait another 2 weeks for 3 day work Patch cause they are very busy doing some EXPAC for 2022.......BOOOOOO....You DONT GET IT DO YA.....If a player dont have fun playing, no content will ever make him play your game!!!!!!!!........................I em Tired of You ANet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR CRY SAKE >>>>>Writ of Persistence: In PvP only, this trait no longer increases the radius of symbols.....WHY? Can Someone explain ....WHY ?

Bc symbol guard is cancer

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Source?

he said several times that he can't do skill changes

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Zee.1294 said:Only thing i can say is BOOOOOOOO....ANet .. you are going down.....Waiting 3monts for BALANCE end we Get HALLOKITENWEEN ...Oh Wait... we gona wait another 2 weeks for 3 day work Patch cause they are very busy doing some EXPAC for 2022.......BOOOOOO....You DONT GET IT DO YA.....If a player dont have fun playing, no content will ever make him play your game!!!!!!!!........................I em Tired of You ANet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR CRY SAKE >>>>>Writ of Persistence: In PvP only, this trait no longer increases the radius of symbols.....WHY? Can Someone explain ....WHY ?

Well by your logic, what do we have left? An even more lazy core burn build? Have fun with that

@Marxx.5021 said:

Source?

The source are postings by anet when they introduced cmc for competitive class balance. I am not aware of any skill changes coming from cmc other than recast time or numbers. Are you refering to mirage traits when you say there were such changes?However this was not a full balance patch. More like a pvp hotfix patch which would not change what a skill does anyway.

Can you link the post?

@Tharan.9085 said:

Source?

Link?

@Tharan.9085 said:

But does this change really solve the problem? Why not nerf the damage bonus from zeal? And 2-3 years ago, was writ of persistence a problem? This is ass backwards in every way.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Source?

Can you link the post?

Source?

Link?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/90773/lets-talk-about-pvp-balance/p1

First part of the first post states "It’s certainly true that not all issues can be addressed through splits, and we will continue to work with the skills team to make sure we are making the right changes for the entire game when splitting is not a viable option."This was one year ago. I think there are a few skills like the one we are discussing here where it is no viable option to have a skill split, e.g. reducing a blind duration in PvP instead of reworking the skill. Yet there have been no skills changed for PvP after that post I think. The referenced post clearly states that such changes depend on the skills team.

@otto.5684 said:

But does this change really solve the problem? Why not nerf the damage bonus from zeal? And 2-3 years ago, was writ of persistence a problem? This is kitten backwards in every way.

Because AoE spam and visual cluster is toxic for the game.and that keeping the damage and giving less radius demands more skillful play and you can still do nice cleave and etc.but nerfing damage and keeping the radius keep the braindeadness and just a flat shave on the build may even completely destroy it, which is not good.

not hard to understand

@Lighter.5631 said:

But does this change really solve the problem? Why not nerf the damage bonus from zeal? And 2-3 years ago, was writ of persistence a problem? This is kitten backwards in every way.

Because AoE spam and visual cluster is toxic for the game.and that keeping the damage and giving less radius demands more skillful play and you can still do nice cleave and etc.but nerfing damage and keeping the radius keep the braindeadness and just a flat shave on the build may even completely destroy it, which is not good.

not hard to understand

However, this skill was always like that and was not an issue, or even meta. It was mainly used for healing. Why do you think it became a problem in the last year or so? Unnecessary damage buff. What should be nerfed? Also, do you really think the symbol without it has a small radius? It still covers the majority of the point... So, no, it does not add skillful play. This what happens when people do not understand the classes/builds/issues make changes. They needed to nerf the damage. AOE spam should not be game play. Reducing the AOE radius alone, is no where close to enough, when the symbol has 180 base radius.

AOE ground damage should not be a good damage source for guardian or any class, in any game mode, under any circumstance.

Even when a balance patch comes out you all cry. If nothing anet does can satisfy you then devote your energy to a different game.

Shocking aura has counterplay. Projectile denile is what needs a bit of a nerf.

The engi changes are a good. Decrap scrapper seems lazy but i think cmc wanted to tone down the cc spam and barrier uptime.

These changes are minor but do what everyone asked for. And you still complain. Mind boggling.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Even when a balance patch comes out you all cry. If nothing anet does can satisfy you then devote your energy to a different game.

Shocking aura has counterplay. Projectile denile is what needs a bit of a nerf.

The engi changes are a good. Decrap scrapper seems lazy but i think cmc wanted to tone down the cc spam and barrier uptime.

These changes are minor but do what everyone asked for. And you still complain. Mind boggling.

You know... it has been 14-15 weeks since last patch. I expected more, much much more, than changes that seemed to be written on the back of a napkin after a casual scroll through the first page of PvP forum. Not to mention 2 classes had zero changes, 2 with 1 change and 1 with 2 changes.

What is mind boggling about criticizing Anet for being so damn lazy? You mentioned CMC was looking into CC uptime and barrier. 3.5 month were not enough? Is it a 3 year plan?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"pikachu.2510" said:Ele isn't dead yet so not good enough

LMAO I can see the struggle they have while deciding how to nerf ele even more..like...:" what's left to nerf on this class?" it's their likely question hahaha, hey CMC I can give you few ideas :

1) Increase CD of Fiery greatsword to 300s2) Increase CD of shocking aura to 45s CD3) Make overload 60s between each use or now they share CD..or better add both of them4) Just to make sure ele
doesn't overperform
increase CD of arcane shield to 75s5) Decrease dmg of Lightning Rod from 250 base dmg...to 50...
for purity of purpose

Also make sure ele can't use mele weapons any longer.Game is ded. Glad I quit.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Zee.1294" said:Only thing i can say is BOOOOOOOO....ANet .. you are going down.....Waiting 3monts for BALANCE end we Get HALLOKITENWEEN ...Oh Wait... we gona wait another 2 weeks for 3 day work Patch cause they are very busy doing some EXPAC for 2022.......BOOOOOO....You DONT GET IT DO YA.....If a player dont have fun playing, no content will ever make him play your game!!!!!!!!........................I em Tired of You ANet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not hard to understand

However, this skill was always like that and was not an issue, or even meta. It was mainly used for healing. Why do you think it became a problem in the last year or so? Unnecessary damage buff. What should be nerfed? Also, do you really think the symbol without it has a small radius? It still covers the majority of the point... So, no, it does not add skillful play. This what happens when people do not understand the classes/builds/issues make changes. They needed to nerf the damage. AOE spam should not be game play. Reducing the AOE radius alone, is no where close to enough, when the symbol has 180 base radius.

AOE ground damage should not be a good damage source for guardian or any class, in any game mode, under any circumstance.

You realize anything that's not single target is AoE right, warrior greatsword auto attack is AoE, what makes an AoE more toxic, is how big it is and how spammable it is.not sure what do you mean by "damage shouldn't come from AoE" when every thing damage in this game is AoE except single target ones.