Please add roller beetle to wvw.

Paradoxoglanis.1904

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Mounts and gliding belong in WvW just like they do in PvE. The game SHOULD change and evolve in all modes with every release. There should also be new maps that rotate in and out with every server relink. They should absolutely expand on mounts in WvW. Cutting them back to a useless level is just taking WvW back to a state where it doesn't change and evolve in any meaningful way. They need to strap on a pair and trudge forward in upgrading this game mode for better and worse. The way things are now is worse than any game mode breaking changes would be. SHAKE THINGS UP ALREADYYour comment is refreshing in this forum and it is as nice for breaking people's minds out of the box as this thread as a whole is funny because it's so otherworldly but doesn't necessarily have to be.

You know what, I agree with you.

However, I think the reason people here are acting the way they do comes down to realism rather than any closed mindset or not wanting what is best for the mode.

I mean, we often get told that WvW does not want things to change, does not want new maps and do not appreciate what is given to us, but that isn't true at all. It comes down to that we have learnt to respect the fire. We know that if a new map comes, where others can expect fixes to problems in a timely fashion, we can not. If a new mount comes, others can expect fixes and adaptation to acommodate it but we can not. They have not even fixed the most fundamental flaws that came with the mode as the game shipped in 2012. That is the disheartening reality and we have learnt to be realists. If we could expect changes without giving up expectations on quality, iteration and everything else others can take for granted we would also dream larger.

It is perfectly possible to introduce flying mounts to WvW and adapt the maps, objectives and content-opportunities in WvW to accomodate them. We just do not trust ArenaNet to pull it off in a functional manner, even a somewhat functional manner that could be iterated upon and have its flaws fixed because they simply do not care enough about us to give us that kind of attention. So we aim small and ask for realistic changes that we are still lead to believe are too much to ask.

@Ronin.4501 said:I would actually LOVE to see them add a beetle race track in one of the maps, but can also see so many issues with doing so that it would never work. But I also think it would be fun to have a weeklong event in WvW where other mounts can be used, even if it allowed easy access to towers and keeps. I mean, it really wouldn't be all that different than the Golem event they had a few years ago. Just lock the matchups for an extra week so it's not that big a deal for the havoc it causes to ppt.

I agree on this - as an event fir limited time.I can imagine the skyscales coming in... and everyone rapidly trying to build balista's to shoot them out of the sky.

On the Original Topic: Adding a beetle would nullify the effect of dying and having to run back a large distance. I doubt this is desirable in WvW.Unless there's a risk involved for the user. Easy dismounted for example.

Just my 2 cents. My general thoughts is let's not have more mounts in WvW

(Except that week event idea... Chaos, Panic and Disaster... I LIKE it!)

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Mounts and gliding belong in WvW just like they do in PvE. The game SHOULD change and evolve in all modes with every release. There should also be new maps that rotate in and out with every server relink. They should absolutely expand on mounts in WvW. Cutting them back to a useless level is just taking WvW back to a state where it doesn't change and evolve in any meaningful way. They need to strap on a pair and trudge forward in upgrading this game mode for better and worse. The way things are now is worse than any game mode breaking changes would be. SHAKE THINGS UP ALREADYYour comment is refreshing in this forum and it is as nice for breaking people's minds out of the box as this thread as a whole is funny because it's so otherworldly but doesn't necessarily have to be.

You know what, I agree with you.

However, I think the reason people here are acting the way they do comes down to realism rather than any closed mindset or not wanting what is best for the mode.

I mean, we often get told that WvW does not want things to change, does not want new maps and do not appreciate what is given to us, but that isn't true at all. It comes down to that we have learnt to respect the fire. We know that if a new map comes, where others can expect fixes to problems in a timely fashion, we can not. If a new mount comes, others can expect fixes and adaptation to acommodate it but we can not. They have not even fixed the most fundamental flaws that came with the mode as the game shipped in 2012. That is the disheartening reality and we have learnt to be realists. If we could expect changes without giving up expectations on quality, iteration and everything else others can take for granted we would also dream larger.

It is perfectly possible to introduce flying mounts to WvW and adapt the maps, objectives and content-opportunities in WvW to accomodate them. We just do not trust ArenaNet to pull it off in a functional manner, even a somewhat functional manner that could be iterated upon and have its flaws fixed because they simply do not care enough about us to give us that kind of attention. So we aim small and ask for realistic changes that we are still lead to believe are too much to ask.

Well said. I hope this mode gets the attention it needs because it is truly fun when I sit down and get into it. Its potential to be amazing is there and I hope the devs and players eventually come together to raise it to a new level of awesome.