Balance changes(No skills team required)

Shiyo.3578

• Explosive entrance damage reduced by 25-33%
  • Flashbang blind duration reduced to 1 second
  • Glyph of renewal cooldown increased to 300 seconds
  • Function gyro cooldown increased to 90 seconds
  • Concealing restoration stealth reduced to 0 seconds in PvP/WvW
  • Hidden thief stealth reduced to 1 second
  • Hide in shadows stealth reduced to 2 seconds
  • Consume Plasma's aegis, alacrity, quickness and resistance durations reduced to 1 second, all other boon durations reduced by half.
  • Spinal shivers damage reduced by 50%
  • True nature damage reduced to 0.1 scaling
  • Sevenshot damage reduced by 25%

These changes can all be done by CMC and don't require the skills team and would make pvp much better.

@Kachros.4751 said:

• Flashbang blind duration reduced to 1 secondThis doesnt change the fact it has consisant blind output after every dodge, jus nerfing the duration is pointless, the best approach is to rework the trait instead of making it either useless or not addressing the issue at all.

Skills team is required to remove the blind and rework the trait, the point of my suggestions is that they all DON'T require the skills team, therefor can be put in faster.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

• Explosive entrance damage reduced by 25-33%
  • Flashbang blind duration reduced to 1 second
  • Glyph of renewal cooldown increased to 300 seconds
  • Function gyro cooldown increased to 90 seconds
  • Hide in shadows stealth reduced to 2 seconds
  • Spinal shivers damage reduced by 50%
  • True nature damage reduced to 0.1 scaling
  • Sevenshot damage reduced by 25%

These changes can all be done by CMC and don't require the skills team and would make pvp much better.

Are you a scrapper?

EE and Flashbang I'm all onboard for but the other stuff seems really out if the blue.

Sevenshot?

If you're going to pick and choose you should at least conceal it or make an effort to pick off stuff that is questionable as well like guardian's symbol damage traits, lich autos, skills with Condi bloat like x applies four conditions on use, boon bloat like aurasharing, skills similar to save yourselves, and holo's might stacking. There's so much out there worth taking pot shots at than a lackluster renegade skill.

@"Tycura.1982" said:EE and Flashbang I'm all onboard for but the other stuff seems really out if the blue.

Sevenshot?

If you're going to pick and choose you should at least conceal it or make an effort to pick off stuff that is questionable as well like guardian's symbol damage traits, lich autos, skills with Condi bloat like x applies four conditions on use, boon bloat like aurasharing ,skills similar to save yourselves, holo's might stacking. There's so much out there worth taking pot shots at than a lackluster renegade skill.

Those are good suggestions.It's also not a lackluster skill, the last MAT finals had 2 renegades on a single team and tons of people were playing renegade. Sevenshot Shiro(impossible odds) is insane burst that does ~12k burst with a single skill. The skills team "fixed" sevenshot and made it more accurate but CmC forgot to nerf it in PvP/WvW to make up for this huge damage boost it gained.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Tycura.1982" said:EE and Flashbang I'm all onboard for but the other stuff seems really out if the blue.

Sevenshot?

If you're going to pick and choose you should at least conceal it or make an effort to pick off stuff that is questionable as well like guardian's symbol damage traits, lich autos, skills with Condi bloat like x applies four conditions on use, boon bloat like aurasharing ,skills similar to save yourselves, holo's might stacking. There's so much out there worth taking pot shots at than a lackluster renegade skill.

Those are good suggestions.It's also not a lackluster skill, the last MAT finals had 2 renegades on a single team and tons of people were playing renegade. Sevenshot Shiro(impossible odds) is insane burst that does ~12k burst with a single skill. The skills team "fixed" sevenshot and made it more accurate but CmC forgot to nerf it in PvP/WvW to make up for this huge damage boost it gained.

I think that's more indicative of problems with renegade/rev mechanics than the skill being strong. Anecdotally I don't encounter the build in ranked nor did I in this last MAT. I could see how a multi hit skill would have strong synergy with the renegade elite or Impossible Odds but wouldn't these mechanics be the problem then? By itself what does the skill actually hit?

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Tycura.1982 said:EE and Flashbang I'm all onboard for but the other stuff seems really out if the blue.

Sevenshot?

Those are good suggestions.It's also not a lackluster skill, the last MAT finals had 2 renegades on a single team.So basically everything that appears to be in MAT should be nerfed.@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Tycura.1982 said:EE and Flashbang I'm all onboard for but the other stuff seems really out if the blue.

Sevenshot?

Those are good suggestions.tons of people were playing renegade.tons of people play everything, so nerf everything ? Sound great Mr Nerf This.@Shiyo.3578 said:

Sevenshot?

Those are good suggestions.Sevenshot Shiro(impossible odds) is insane burst that does ~12k burst with a single skill.That's actually 2 skills but it's okay, you are too busy making all your nerfs post .90% of your nerf list is made of stuff no one complains about.

@Tycura.1982 said:

Sevenshot?

I think that's more indicative of problems with renegade/rev mechanics than the skill being strong. Anecdotally I don't encounter the build in ranked nor did I in this last MAT. I could see how a multi hit skill would have strong synergy with the renegade elite or Impossible Odds but wouldn't these mechanics be the problem then? By itself what does the skill actually hit?

Nothing else rev has hits 7 times and thus procs impossible odds so many times in a row.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

• Explosive entrance damage reduced by 25-33%I agree

• Flashbang blind duration reduced to 1 secondI agree

• Glyph of renewal cooldown increased to 300 secondsNope

• Function gyro cooldown increased to 90 secondsNope

• Hide in shadows stealth reduced to 2 secondsDeadeye rework pls, otherwise no

• Consume Plasma's aegis, alacrity, quickness and resistance durations reduced to 1 second, all other boon durations reduced by half.Remove plasma.

• Spinal shivers damage reduced by 50%Nope

• True nature damage reduced to 0.1 scalingI don't know how big of a nerf this is but it needs 15-20% dmg reduction

• Sevenshot damage reduced by 25%I agree

We need the skills team in all honesty if they're the only ones capable of actually changing skills. What is the point in having a trait that applies an effect for 0 seconds, or a CD that takes 1/3-1/2 of entire matches to reset? Just rework the skill if its that much of a problem.

Lowering damage coefficients, increasing cooldowns, and straight up removing options without introducing any new options is boring and it translates poorly to actual games.

It's the most uninspired and absolute way to nerf a skill that might be 'over-performing' and only a sith deals in absolutes.⬇️

• 1 month later...

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Bazsi.2734" said:Here is a subjective list of things that annoy me, reading up on them isn't required(concealing restoration already has a 1 second duration my dood), post comment!

Thanks for listening to my Shadow arts balance changes, CMC!

Useless anaway, the heal skill and the cd reduction was the key why we run SA and still run SA after laughable bala hotfix

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Bazsi.2734" said:Here is a subjective list of things that annoy me, reading up on them isn't required(concealing restoration already has a 1 second duration my dood), post comment!

Thanks for listening to my Shadow arts balance changes, CMC!

Would be funny if this was actually true. (Let's not kid ourselves, it's not.)

Flashbang: Reduced blind duration from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.Hidden Thief: Reduced base stealth duration from 2 seconds to 0.25 seconds in PvP only.Concealing Restoration: Reduced base stealth duration from 1 second to 0.5 seconds in PvP only.

Apart from the values not being what you suggested, these are the only things in the patch that are meaningless. Looking forward to your next "nerf thief" thread when you realise nothing has changed.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

Sevenshot?

Nothing else rev has hits 7 times and thus procs impossible odds so many times in a row.

Impossible odds has an icd so seven shot only procs it twice. Twice instead of once is because there is a delay between first few arrows and last few which makes it easier to dodge.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

• Flashbang blind duration reduced to 1 secondThis doesnt change the fact it has consisant blind output after every dodge, jus nerfing the duration is pointless, the best approach is to rework the trait instead of making it either useless or not addressing the issue at all.

Skills team is required to remove the blind and rework the trait, the point of my suggestions is that they all DON'T require the skills team, therefor can be put in faster.

What about Writ of Persistence? They removed the section of the trait that increased symbol radius. It is presumed that the latest patch didn't require the skills team either. I say just remove the blind aspect.