Gamemode dead lol?

MMOStein.3872

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

If farming pips is what you want, then you don’t need a Zerg. But you came into this section of the forums with attitude and stated you didn’t want to ‘learn’

Good luck to you finding what you want.

Oh, eu has 27 servers and 15 host worlds, while NA has 24 servers and 12 host worlds.

Knowing where you are in that mess would allow people to like.. actually help you. But yeah.. attitude....

I don't have an attitude. U do. All my posts, have been nice and to the point. I have no idea where you getting this "attitude" stuff from. Stop trying to start drama. It ain't that serious.

actually you can play pretty pve in a wvw map as roamer. search for enemy camps, see if they're free of other players and if so attack the NPCs. flip flags, kill dolyaks, do HPs and veteran mobs (not when they're daily unless warg because the chance to meet someone on a daily is around 99%, just warg is in a safe spot for anyone except green). you're not useless and you won't meet players often.

if you only want reward tracks filled, do those pve tasks until T6, then afk for your pips and only move to keep T6 alive. do wvw dailies if they're soloable (camps, dolyaks, guards, veteran creature, land, manuments), those will give you 250-500 additional reward track points.

Never thought of roaming like that, I thought it was just running around trying to 1v6 everyone like those warrior montage videos. Maybe I will look more into trying that, maybe I can farm a lot of stuff like this, thanks for the tip!

So despite the other posts stating:

That's the problem, I don't actually want to learn anything new, I just want to farm some pips (because I
have to
) and go back to PvE :pLearning to roam will require a huge amount of research, preparing new gear, and actually being good enough to kill people and take objectives. That is a massive time (and gold) investment, All for something that I get no enjoyment from, and will only do for a few hours. That's why its not really a realistic option. If I was actually invested in PvP, then sure. But Running with a zerg for a few hours will be all that I need, which Is why I ask when is the best time to zerg.

Its not a matter of being scared or intimidated,
I do not wish to learn PvP.
It's not personal or anything, Its just not entertaining for me. I Play GW2 for the PvE mmorpg and it's simple as that. I am not a PvP gamer.

You ACTUALLY did need to learn something.

Coming in and stating you don’t WANT TO LEARN presents as attitude.

As others have said, people WILL assist you if you are willing to
  • provide what server you are on
  • Provide the time zones you are primarily on
  • Show a willingness to understand there is more to WvW than just PvP.

You can accomplish your goal with a lot less drama both for you or to you.

Or you can struggle. Many of us get that WvW isn’t for everyone. Having help can make it far less painful for both you and those you interact with.

And I and my primary guild would be more than willing to assist if you are in our server or partnered with it.

Good luck.

WvW is a joke today, top tier servers who can't fight for smack, rely heavily on night caps/prime times not coordinated with the opposing server(s) on top of the bandwagon transfers being the keys to success, there's no wonder why people end up quitting, let alone caring. There's no sportsmanship or skill required by the end of the day to pick up on and develop yourself from.

So why would PvE players even care about wanting to learn something, when the current core foundation of WvW today are behaviours like the ones stated above?

@Zenral.3958 said:

If farming pips is what you want, then you don’t need a Zerg. But you came into this section of the forums with attitude and stated you didn’t want to ‘learn’

Oh, eu has 27 servers and 15 host worlds, while NA has 24 servers and 12 host worlds.

Knowing where you are in that mess would allow people to like.. actually help you. But yeah.. attitude....

I don't have an attitude. U do. All my posts, have been nice and to the point. I have no idea where you getting this "attitude" stuff from. Stop trying to start drama. It ain't that serious.

actually you can play pretty pve in a wvw map as roamer. search for enemy camps, see if they're free of other players and if so attack the NPCs. flip flags, kill dolyaks, do HPs and veteran mobs (not when they're daily unless warg because the chance to meet someone on a daily is around 99%, just warg is in a safe spot for anyone except green). you're not useless and you won't meet players often.

if you only want reward tracks filled, do those pve tasks until T6, then afk for your pips and only move to keep T6 alive. do wvw dailies if they're soloable (camps, dolyaks, guards, veteran creature, land, manuments), those will give you 250-500 additional reward track points.

Never thought of roaming like that, I thought it was just running around trying to 1v6 everyone like those warrior montage videos. Maybe I will look more into trying that, maybe I can farm a lot of stuff like this, thanks for the tip!

That's the problem, I don't actually want to learn anything new, I just want to farm some pips (because I
have to
) and go back to PvE :pLearning to roam will require a huge amount of research, preparing new gear, and actually being good enough to kill people and take objectives. That is a massive time (and gold) investment, All for something that I get no enjoyment from, and will only do for a few hours. That's why its not really a realistic option. If I was actually invested in PvP, then sure. But Running with a zerg for a few hours will be all that I need, which Is why I ask when is the best time to zerg.

It's not personal or anything, Its just not entertaining for me. I Play GW2 for the PvE mmorpg and it's simple as that. I am not a PvP gamer.

Or you can struggle. Many of us get that WvW isn’t for everyone. Having help can make it far less painful for both you and those you interact with.

And I and my primary guild would be more than willing to assist if you are in our server or partnered with it.

Good luck.

So why would PvE players even care about wanting to learn something, when the current core foundation of WvW today are behaviours like the ones stated above?

Evidently to make his goal quicker and easier To accomplish. The rest of what you posted holds no value to the discussion. He asked for info. I and others are providing it.

It’s that simple.

@Zenral.3958 said:

have to

Good luck.

WvW is a joke today, top tier servers who can't fight for smack, rely heavily on night caps/prime times not coordinated with the opposing server(s) on top of the bandwagon transfers being the keys to success, there's no wonder why people end up quitting, let alone caring. There's no sportsmanship or skill required by the end of the day to pick up on and develop yourself from.

This is not an exclusive WvW issue. PvE in all forms suffers from the SAME attitude and so does PvP; The whole game is suffering from this kind of mind set. But that is due to the dev's designing the game to cater to the mindset rather than putting reasons in place to inspire the drive to work with others, if guilds mattered MAYBE we'd see this culled. Guild wars 1 handled this sort of attitude with guilds as a system; Guild wars 2 just wants to be the Witcher 3 without the investment in good writing or content. Everything else the company could give a rats ass about; Frankly I feel they should move into single player story games if they truly cant be bothered to fix the perception and behavior of our "community".

@Zenral.3958 said:

have to

Good luck.

WvW is a joke today, top tier servers who can't fight for smack, rely heavily on night caps/prime times not coordinated with the opposing server(s) on top of the bandwagon transfers being the keys to success, there's no wonder why people end up quitting, let alone caring.
There's no sportsmanship or skill required by the end of the day to pick up on and develop yourself from.

Who was ever concerned about sportsmanship in WvW? There's no open world pvp server so this is what there is. People are still playing and working on their builds and skill but often one or two servers, at different times of the day, will be focused on points and working towards making gold and stocking up on materials while others are looking for fights and they just might not connect all night. WvW is a large match with windows of opportunity that can sort of push people away from this mode if they can't hit anything around prime time. Since it's not open world with guild and alliance claimed territory, if you're logged on any other time of the day, you're likely not going to have structures to siege or defend.

I don't think it's so much that people are tired of this game or WvW or that there's been some huge brain drain, it's just that this game mode is limited in what it can provide to the most players. It's not open world pvp so there's no connection to anything else about your character or the rest of the game in general so when you're in WvW, you're only doing that and if it's not on fire at the moment, why stay logged on? It's not like you can explore and wander unless you want to farm pve.

@MMOStein.3872 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:You know you don't NEED Legendary anything, right? They have the same stats as Ascended, that you can make
fully in PvE.

Well, I never said I was farming a legendary, And I am not here to argue about what I "need" or not. Not going down that rabbit hole.I simply wanted to ask the WvW players, when is the best time/day to find zergs for WvW or how I can find one easier.

8 clock server time = prime time, problem solved?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

have to

Good luck.

Evidently to make his goal quicker and easier To accomplish. The rest of what you posted holds no value to the discussion. He asked for info. I and others are providing it.

It’s that simple.

It indeed holds value, if you're going to ask PvE players to provide and do their part for their server you might want to start from the root and while you're at it ask the portion of WvWers imbalancing and transfering to winning servers to take a proper look at themselves in mirror before bashing PvErs for not caring or even wanting to do their part apart from the item(s) they're looking for, it all boils down to the same thing.

@"MMOStein.3872" said:

This guy gets it. I don't want to be here, U don't want me to be here, and now everyone has to suffer. But apparently, this what Anet wants, so it will go down like this.

Not really. Most of us don't know you, so it's unlikely anyone would actually care, much less suffer. However, you may actually have a positive effect on the game mode.

Now imagine if you went into raids or fractals, and was like "I don't care about this, and I don't want to take any advice and learn, please tell me the easiest way to get the rewards", and you would be hard pressed to get any help. Some may even treat you as a blight and possible liability in the games, so there's no incentive to help you. It could only result in negative results because you are only here to leech. So the most logical result is to not help you at all, and simply hope you quit the game out of frustration, or just leave things as is, so to not enable you, and so you will remain ineffective.

Fortunately, in WvW, the impact of a single player is much more limited. There is still no incentive to help you, however for those on opposing servers, it is good if they can get easy kills off you. So they won't be suffering at all. I guess it's unfortunate for those on your server, but perhaps the gankers will go for the easier target and spare others, as well as boosting the morale of our less skilled players.

In a competitive game mode, someone has to be at the bottom after all, and if we have people that voluntarily choose to be there, that's awesome! I am sorry if the facts hurt, but that's how a rational person would approach this.

So my advice to you would be to go to Stonemist Castle and simply run into there and hit the guards to tag; ideally going in if there's a breach. If you see the enemy zerg, just suicide into them and tag all of them. When you die, just repeat. Over time, as your own server kills the other enemies, you will get credit for the kills and probably for taking the castle. You will maintain participation and reward track in this manner, although you'll probably die about once every 5 minutes depending on how fast you run. The good thing to this is that you can get credit for things you tagged a long time ago, so you don't have to worry about having a zerg always on, and you also help local WvWers by constantly feeding wxp.

You're welcome. Welcome to WvW, btw.

@MMOStein.3872 said:I do not care about pvp. Unfortunately, Anet believe they can force PvEers to care about pvp, so they gate pve rewards behind pvp with no alternative to earn them. But in reality, the only thing this forces me to want to do, is uninstall the game, and play an actual enjoyable RPG. So good job Anet. This has forced me to become toxic, and join WvW squads just to tag objectives, then basically go afk, not because I'm actually toxic, but because I have literally zero clue what I'm doing to begin with, and jut want to get my rewards and scurry back to carebear land....Sorry.

Ok lite trolling aside, I have been trying to find a squad or zerg for hours(days) and there is just no squads or tags up....ever. It's becoming a huge waste of time. I don't know the prime times for this gamemode. I (obviously) don't have the gear/skill/experience/willpower to just start roaming solo, so that is out of the question.Is there a reliable time or day I can come to WvW and actually find zergs doing stuff???? I just want to farm some pips/reward tracks, and head out, seriously.

It's really server dependent. HoD (my server) has a lot of SEA guilds for example so it's really active when those players are (early morning PST is their evening). So that tends to be late night to early morning.

That being said, you don't actually have to PVP or zerg. 95% of the time when I've captured a ruin in the middle of the map no one has come. Kill some guards, move to the next objective. I believe I earned my first gift of battle doing this. I probably killed some people because I sPvp a nontrivial amount and there's tons of people who aren't good at PVP in WvW, but i was ganking other roamers.

You also get one free server transfer so if you find a server with a community that matches you, then do that. Also I joined TIME, an HoD based guild before I was in HoD, so you could just find a guild that does WvW, then transfer servers, Make sure they're active when you are.

This is one of the reasons why ESO does it better when it comes to WvWESO you don't rely on commander.GW2, no commander, no noes complete useless feeling.

PvE, no commander? :sadface:WvW, no commander? :sadface:

ESO, its okay, no commander that fine. Even zerg fights it is more of 1v1 but very quick 1v1s in ESO.GW2 no commander means dead zone. Thats how important commanders are.

It aint healthy.

Come to think of the solo aspect, all you could do is camp capture, 4 maps 2 camps nearby 8 spots.Meanwhile ESO, 3 camplike areas, wood,mine,granary. So many different places to go steal from. So much to do as a solo or with a buddy.You could just sneak and watch the enemy movements. Anyone can do, you don't need to be a special player with sneaky skills. It's simple as sneak and stalk in ESO.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:This is one of the reasons why ESO does it better when it comes to WvWESO you don't rely on commander.GW2, no commander, no noes complete useless feeling.

ESO, its okay, no commander that fine. Even zerg fights it is more of 1v1 but very quick 1v1s in ESO.GW2 no commander means dead zone. Thats how important commanders are.

It aint healthy.

Come to think of the solo aspect, all you could do is camp capture, 4 maps 2 camps nearby 8 spots.Meanwhile ESO, 3 camplike areas, wood,mine,granary. So many different places to go steal from. So much to do as a solo or with a buddy.You could just sneak and watch the enemy movements. Anyone can do, you don't need to be a special player with sneaky skills. It's simple as sneak and stalk in ESO.

You keep posting about how great ESO is. Why are you playing GW2 rather than ESO? Genuinely curious.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:This is one of the reasons why ESO does it better when it comes to WvWESO you don't rely on commander.GW2, no commander, no noes complete useless feeling.

It aint healthy.

You keep posting about how great ESO is. Why are you playing GW2 rather than ESO? Genuinely curious.

Sometimes when you want a game to be great, you tell them it aint.Lebron James the GOAT? Nope MJ better.

Fuels him to do better.Sure MJ is better at that, makes Lebron work on it and try to be better.

ESO sure its better at WvW, I'm trying to make GW2 WvW Great Again.

Why it dead? Because of how big of an impact zerg is, and commander is.In ESO, you don't need a zerg, random pugs randomly agreeing to work together get stuff done together.In GW2 you MUST have a commander to capture that keep, MUST be somewhat coordinated either by commander or guild

No commander in WvW, it dies.No commander in PvE zone it dies.Too much commander reliance, too much stuff designed for 20+ people to do. Both WvW and PvE wise. 5-15 is a sweet spot.

1. Is the aquisition of gifts poorly designed?Yes, we hear you and I don't think anyone disagrees. Enjoying multiple modes may be a staple of MMO gameplay but forcing players to grind multiple modes is poor design. Everybody has their primary mode and any kind of grind is boring so when you have to grind in modes you may not like very much you get a double dose of boredom. That's poor design.

2. Why do we not have more sympathy for you?We are 100x worse off than you are. Whatever time you have to spend for a gift of battle bleaks in comparison to the amount of time we have to spend in your mode for everything else, it bleaks in comparison to how much less resources we get or how our items simply cost more or has been hit by major inflation issues. Everything here is worse so while we can all agree on the design being poor, suck it up and assure yourself with the fact that PvE is 100x better off than WvW when it comes to anything from developer attention to item aquisition. You are the golden boy, we're the dog under the table.

3. How to best pip farm?Instead of trying to find a squad in prime, find emptied out maps at off hours. Use the map overview and look for when opponents flip close camps. Then go flip them back. Even if a camp has a timer, you can go kill a guard and when someone else flips the camp you get credit. That's one easy way to surf your pips while not being in the way and actually adding something to your server's progression in the process (your backcapping will throw some score your friends way and warrant your spot on the map). Then you just grit your teeth and ride it out for 2-3 hours.

4. If this is about the one capping of each objective that the Warclaw requires::3 (yeah, play at 8pm and find a tag)

It aint healthy.

That's a random take. No one needs commanders in this game either, I regularly log on to our server not having any commanders or only hidden tags and everyone just finds something to do.

@kash.9213 said:

It aint healthy.

That's a random take. No one needs commanders in this game either, I regularly log on to our server not having any commanders or only hidden tags and everyone just finds something to do.

Of course,you just want to gank or camp capture and be on outnumbered for pipes you no need a commander.

If you want to do what WvW is designed for, you probably following a commander. Not saying you in his squad, but you following him.Only other time you wouldn't is if you going to take a tower you know is undefended on your side and the treb from the keep knocked the wall down.

..In ESO, you can be sneaking and lurking around something you want. Maybe kill someone, but your waiting for at least 3 other people to show up, and now you can actually take it with just 4 people.Setup 16 catapults, appear to be large, bam wall down, taken. You can use multiple catapults in ESO.In ESO it shows whose sieging and how much siege they have.

This guy should at least be honest that he just wants to collect skins that are meant to be for WvW players. There is no other reason to farm pips than to get skirmish tickets for WvW rewards. They are not pve rewards timegated behind pvp as he rudely claimed. That entitled comment really turned me off to this guy.

I knew a guy from pve who just wanted the skins. He was honest. We helped him out. He learned and got his pips. I see him from time to time in WvW and then he leaves. I'm sure he's got all the armor skins by now. A little honesty goes a long way.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

It aint healthy.

Of course,you just want to gank or camp capture and be on outnumbered for pipes you no need a commander.

If you want to do what WvW is designed for, you probably following a commander. Not saying you in his squad, but you following him.Only other time you wouldn't is if you going to take a tower you know is undefended on your side and the treb from the keep knocked the wall down.

Now your take went from random to wrong. I'm talking about full blobs, squads, and groups along with all the floaters running around doing the usual stuff. Most people just know what to do at this point. The usual bunch I see when I log on rarely even join squad or anything but they'll jump in and do exactly what's needed and most squads hardly use markers and alerts anyway so there's not much point joining.

@kash.9213 said:

It aint healthy.

Now your take went from random to wrong. I'm talking about full blobs, squads, and groups along with all the floaters running around doing the usual stuff. Most people just know what to do at this point. The usual bunch I see when I log on rarely even join squad or anything but they'll jump in and do exactly what's needed and most squads hardly use markers and alerts anyway so there's not much point joining.

They still end up following the zerg.You can do other stuff and let the zerg fully take down the wall and follow them for the cap. Thats following them.You not even in there squad and following them? Yep thats what I do. I mean theres a tag, why should I join them, all I follow is the tag.You let commander do all the heavy lifting as in standing sieging and guarding it, meanwhile you go capture stuff undefended? Yep what you do after that or when you know when wall is about to go down? Oh you follow them?

In ESO, all your rewards is staying in a certain area. You could be on other side of keeping 1v1ing someone, you get the shared reward doing your own thing, no need to follow someone. DEFENCE gives much better reward than offense in ESO too.

GW2 aint nobody plays defense except for the server with the bigger zerg.In ESO, everyone be defending it tooth and nail even if the enemy is vastly larger.

Thing is, siege is bigger deal in ESO, and its easily deployed, making small groups very viable.

@Zenral.3958 said:

have to

Good luck.

It’s that simple.

It indeed holds value, if you're going to ask PvE players to provide and do their part for their server you might want to start from the root and while you're at it ask the portion of WvWers imbalancing and transfering to winning servers to take a proper look at themselves in mirror before bashing PvErs for not caring or even wanting to do their part apart from the item(s) they're looking for, it all boils down to the same thing.

All of that is moot if you are farming pips. And that is the problem with our reward system.

And I would agree about bashing PvErs. None of what I posted was bashing a group of people. Period.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

It aint healthy.

They still end up following the zerg.You can do other stuff and let the zerg fully take down the wall and follow them for the cap. Thats following them.You not even in there squad and following them? Yep thats what I do. I mean theres a tag, why should I join them, all I follow is the tag.
You let commander do all the heavy lifting as in standing sieging and guarding it, meanwhile you go capture stuff undefended?
Yep what you do after that or when you know when wall is about to go down? Oh you follow them?

In ESO, all your rewards is staying in a certain area. You could be on other side of keeping 1v1ing someone, you get the shared reward doing your own thing, no need to follow someone. DEFENCE gives much better reward than offense in ESO too.

GW2 aint nobody plays defense except for the server with the bigger zerg.In ESO, everyone be defending it tooth and nail even if the enemy is vastly larger.

Thing is, siege is bigger deal in ESO, and its easily deployed, making small groups very viable.

Your wrong so now you're trying to put words into my mouth. No one needs a commander, we often have no tag, people just group up and go do stuff. I get that you like ESO, right now, but you're trying too hard to sell it and you'll probably be trashing that game on their forums while talking up GW2 at some point.

@kash.9213 said:

It aint healthy.

They still end up following the zerg.You can do other stuff and let the zerg fully take down the wall and follow them for the cap. Thats following them.You not even in there squad and following them? Yep thats what I do. I mean theres a tag, why should I join them, all I follow is the tag.
You let commander do all the heavy lifting as in standing sieging and guarding it, meanwhile you go capture stuff undefended?
Yep what you do after that or when you know when wall is about to go down? Oh you follow them?

Your wrong so now you're trying to put words into my mouth. No one needs a commander, we often have no tag, people just group up and go do stuff. I get that you like ESO, right now, but you're trying too hard to sell it and you'll probably be trashing that game on their forums while talking up GW2 at some point.

Whether your in his squad or not.If you follow him solo, you still following the commander.

You aint got a commander, you probably gonna be checking for another world unless you pip farming.Thats how big a commander is in this game.

In ESO, they dont do commanders, its a guessing game.Especially since 4 players can do 16 siege, easily trick the opponent. Something ESO WvW does better than GW2. Not easy to deceive in GW2.

There could be MANY players in WvW on your side. But if you don't see commander.... Everyone assumes its dead.Commander in this game is a drug.You don't see a commander you get really sad, fast.

It aint healthy.

I aint selling ESO, it just does it better.

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:You aint got a commander, you probably gonna be checking for another world unless you pip farming.Thats how big a commander is in this game.

Err, no, I won't.

People may feel that way when they don't know what they're doing, but once you get a good handle on the game mode, working without a commander isn't much harder than following one around or supporting one remotely (scouting, tapping, siege delay tactics, whatever).

A lot of the value of a commander tactically is in their ability to coordinate bursts and pushes, and that's pretty much not happening unless you join their Discord. If they're just driving pugs around, then in my experience there's fairly little difference between a public squad and a leaderless "cloud" coordinating via /map chat.

I'll pop my own tag for about 5 minutes once a week when I need to broadcast my location for a sneaky cap or a Portal, but since I'm not interested in driving a zerg, the value in keeping it up longer than that is basically nil.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

It aint healthy.

Whether your in his squad or not.If you follow him solo, you still following the commander.

You aint got a commander, you probably gonna be checking for another world unless you pip farming.Thats how big a commander is in this game.

In ESO, they dont do commanders, its a guessing game.Especially since 4 players can do 16 siege, easily trick the opponent. Something ESO WvW does better than GW2. Not easy to deceive in GW2.

There could be MANY players in WvW on your side. But if you don't see commander.... Everyone assumes its dead.
Commander in this game is a drug.You don't see a commander you get really sad, fast.

It aint healthy.

I aint selling ESO, it just does it better.

You're being willfully ignorant. I don't follow commanders, most people I see when I log on don't follow commanders. People know the maps by now and they know what they want to do. Maybe your server was mostly lame and you didn't know what to do without a zerg so you hung out at keep or spawn, but other people learned their builds and don't wait for a blob to roll around. Good luck in ESO but everything you described is pretty much done in WvW, just because you didn't know what was going on doesn't mean everyone else is as clueless.

IMO the easiest way is to head over to gw2stats, click on your server, scroll down to Income Evolution and you can see the patterns of when the server is climbing in "Income". This is your servers peak times. You can also click on other servers and see if their peak times correspond to your play times.

This is a bad week to get consistent results using this method because WvW frequently drops in activity during major events.