Easy relax build for open world gameplay - Chillout with fire tempest

lLobo.7960

I've seen some people struggling with ele on open world content, maybe some HoT or new areas with champions and stuff.Ele can be hard, especially if you go with zerker raid buids. Even the condi weaver build requires you to do a lot of dodging and some specific attunement swaps that can be complicated for people starting the game...Or maybe you are a pro player, but you just want something to use so you can farm PvE events with one hand while watching "netflix" on your other monitor.Well here is a build for you.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGAFgE26WZGsF2FjiRijyzZ7H-zxIY8ovPMSShuKwZWo+TD-e

Its very simple, requires minimal attunement swap or anything really...If soloing or doing the usual content, just stay with dagger/warhorn.Gather mobs with your mount (preferably raptor), start with feel the burn for protection/regen, then signet of fire for AoE burn, use wildfire (Wh #5), flame breath (D #2) and fire overload.Can throw a firestorm with the gliph if you are feeling fancy too... save the flamerush (D #3) for when something tries to hit you in a big way, like the ground gets red or something, or you can dodge if that is on CD. If you feel like hanging out here and farming this spot, feel free to use the elite gliph to have a fire elemental helping out. Walk around to gather more mobs and bring them to your overloads and fire storms. If you ever take some dmg, feel free to use your healing signet. All signets work even when you use them.

If you went afk for too long and took a beating, need an emergency top-up, or just feel fancy and want to try some attunement swaps for some sweet combos?Ok, first go into air, pop static aura (D #3) to stop things hitting you, follow with cyclone to CC stuff and get them all in a nice line in front of you, now swap to water use cone of cold (D #2) for some healing, follow up with tidal surge (Wh #4) for some more CC and heal, get a water globe (Wh #5) out for a moving water field, now the fancy part, blast that moving field with a frozen burst (D #3) for a heal combo, swap to earth and use earthen rush towards the moving water field for another heal combo, and follow with sandsqual (Wh #4) for another heal combo + aura heal + booms + boom extension. Now everyone is in absolutely awe of your mad skills, you can use a sandstorm (Wh #5) to further blind the mobs going back to your fire attunment and proceed to burn everything down. Go back to "netflix" and ignore all the requests to join WvW squads and PvP teams of people amazed by your combo mastery.

But now you are thinking, this is all great, but what do I do if I want to solo those champions that have mechanics that make me stay away on some parts of the fights, like some ley infused stuff or whatever (who has the time to read mechanics anyway)?Well, that is not a problem... just use scepter/focus instead of dagger/warhorn.When you have to stay away, use your autoattacks (Sc #1), as they do some good burning, follow up with a well positioned flamewall (F #4), feel free to use you flame signet and firestorm glyph from afar also... When its time to get close, or if you feel like... get there, overload fire, blast it with phoenix and dragons-tooth for extra might combos to amaze everyone around and give them might too, and then blow up your fire aura (F #5) just for show.This setup (Sc/F) can also be good if you attract too much of a crowd and people start to kill things before you get to them... Use Scepter attacks to tag things and let em die to your burns and the legion of fans doing your work for you.

This is also a good build for joining zergs, as you provide a lot of might for all the other players that will feel so much more powerful with you around with no idea why. Soon they will request you to command whole maps of PvE content since you are so powerful and they not only feel they can deal more dmg when you are with them, but they also die much less thanks to your aura heals and protection.

Now that you have soloed Mordremoth in Dragon Stand with a single burn, and then soloed Kralkatorik in Dragonfall without even getting out of fire attunement you must be thinking this is too easy and you want a bit more challenge... Sure... lets get rid of the training wheel that is aura heals and regens, lets get more might, more targets, more overloads!http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGAFgE26WZGsF2FjiRijyzZ7C-zxIY8ovPMSShuKwZWo+TD-eThis will let you tag more mobs with your shout, and overload quicker for more dmg and more might stacks (so more burns from flame expulsion). If you ever get scratched just follow the air-water-earth swap combos above for that sweet triple combo heal.

I don't have any videos, but if you need help figuring this out, feel free to contact me ingame.

Enjoy!

You talk about soloing champions but then you said "dragons-tooth for extra might combos to amaze everyone around". There will be nobody around.Did you try your build on strong core champions like Fire Shaman in Iron Marches? This one does very powerful melee and ranged attacks, including eviscerate. I haven't seen anybody able to solo it, although I think it can be done. Now with ele and more specifically your build?

Scepter is severly lacking defense, you will need those 2 main dagger evades to fight any strong hitting champions, right?

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:You talk about soloing champions but then you said "dragons-tooth for extra might combos to amaze everyone around". There will be nobody around.Did you try your build on strong core champions like Fire Shaman in Iron Marches? This one does very powerful melee and ranged attacks, including eviscerate. I haven't seen anybody able to solo it, although I think it can be done. Now with ele and more specifically your build?

Scepter is severly lacking defense, you will need those 2 main dagger evades to fight any strong hitting champions, right?

I believe the idea is that you can switch between scepter or dagger as needed (out of combat, of course). The build link shows both weapon sets.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:You talk about soloing champions but then you said "dragons-tooth for extra might combos to amaze everyone around". There will be nobody around.When soloing champs you use dagger/warhorn as mentioned.Scepter/focus is more for when you join some zergs (scepter is easier to tag things without having to run to it) or you want to do something that absolutely requires you to stay further than 300-600 units (dagger reach).@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Did you try your build on strong core champions like Fire Shaman in Iron Marches? This one does very powerful melee and ranged attacks, including eviscerate. I haven't seen anybody able to solo it, although I think it can be done. Now with ele and more specifically your build?

I've been use this build in one way or the other to solo most stuff... that elemental in dragonfall, some of those bandit bosses, most story content, etc...I can have a look at the fire shaman in Iron Marches. The only thing I found annoying to solo was some old destroyer bosses as they are immune to burn... so you have to bleed them to death in earth attune...

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Scepter is severly lacking defense, you will need those 2 main dagger evades to fight any strong hitting champions, right?Dagger/warhorn gives you a good setup to fight anything you can melee. Its best to solo stufff as you can just pack a lot of mobs and burn them all with tons of AoE. The main thing I like on this build over weaver is that you can AoE more, so for areas that you want to clear content quick (slayer achievements) I find much better than weaver. And it still has very good defense so I don't need to swap builds if I want to face something harder.Scepter/Focus is a bit slower and lacks the healing combo of dagger/warhorn, but you can kite with it. And what scepter lacks in defense, focus more than makes up for it.

So basically - dagger/warhorn for soloing and killing stuff quick. Scepter/focus for kiting/range fights.

I need to learn how to record things to post some videos...

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:Did you try your build on strong core champions like Fire Shaman in Iron Marches? This one does very powerful melee and ranged attacks, including eviscerate. I haven't seen anybody able to solo it, although I think it can be done. Now with ele and more specifically your build?

Just did _ugh... wont let me post images:Starting the first part of the fight. Easy fight with dagger/warhorn:ImgurOn the first phase change I had to go back into the healing bubble as the elementals kept pushing me around. So I swaped to scepter focus. Run around quick, gather them and bring them to the healing bubble and burn them with signet and overload.ImgurThen the other 2 phases I just kited with scepter, sometimes braking his bar with air and water cc to come closer for overload.Imgur

@lLobo.7960 said:

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:Did you try your build on strong core champions like Fire Shaman in Iron Marches? This one does very powerful melee and ranged attacks, including eviscerate. I haven't seen anybody able to solo it, although I think it can be done. Now with ele and more specifically your build?

Just did _ugh... wont let me post images:Starting the first part of the fight. Easy fight with dagger/warhorn:
On the first phase change I had to go back into the healing bubble as the elementals kept pushing me around. So I swaped to scepter focus. Run around quick, gather them and bring them to the healing bubble and burn them with signet and overload.
Then the other 2 phases I just kited with scepter, sometimes braking his bar with air and water cc to come closer for overload.

Impressive, I'll give it a try ?. I couldn't with power build (downed in 1 or 2 hits...).

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Impressive, I'll give it a try ?. I couldn't with power build (downed in 1 or 2 hits...).

Remember to use phoenix to cleanse the burns he applies to you.And keep moving to avoid the lava explosion. If you keep distance, its easy to avoid his rush attack.You can use aftershock instead of the glyph of storms to avoid his ranged attack (when he starts spinning around and throwing stuff) if you like, but if you keep distance, they are quite easy to dodge.I didnt use any food or utility... can be easier if you do, or if you use the new mastery EMP to break his bar quick.

Thx for your build. I still prefer full celestial Staff build: it's even easier than daggers. You safely kill mobs from distance with Fire power + burning dmg, if you need healing you go Water and heal to full health in seconds. Air is occasionally used for speed/cc and even Earth has some usage. You have enough vitality, toughness and healing power to survive almost anything, while your power and condi dmg is not bad at all. So if i wanna play as lazy as possible i would definitely go for a Staff celestial :) Range is almost always easier than melee.

@Sifu.9745 said:Thx for your build. I still prefer full celestial Staff build: it's even easier than daggers.

You are welcome.The main thing with this build is its capacity to clear large groups of mobs quick.I use mostly to farm events or achievements that require a lot of kills (slayer achieves, etc). It has a lot of aoe, and as the dmg comes from condition, you can pull mobs and just apply aoe burns as you keep pulling more and more...Its strong enough that you can still take a champ or some more challenging content without issues. And it provides good group support so that you can help others without having to change much.If I want a more active build I usually run with weaver.

I find staff good for some bigger zergs, but it is very slow and has no good source of condi dmg.If they made lava fount and meteors apply burns, it would be a good option, but for now the only condi option on staff are bleeds and they are not a great one to focus on.

• 5 weeks later...

@blp.3489 said:@lLobo.7960 I'm enjoying this build, which infusions would you recommend?

I'm glad you are enjoying the build.As the build focuses on open world and other non-minmax stuff, infusions are not really important.Just condi dmg infusions will give you the best option.Toughness (which will also give you some condi dmg), vitality, healing power, or concentration, are all good options too.Power and ferocity are not the best, but also add something.Expertise is mostly useless as you focus on burn and you already have 100% burn duration. You can, maybe get a full set of expertise infusions and maybe change your weapon sigil or your food.Honestly this is all nice, but investing this much on fine-tuning the build is, IMO, not really the point of this. Its just a nice build to use for some trivial pve...I've actually used this to solo some fractals for my achievements, and only had agony infusions.