Full maps in LFG - [Merged]

Hesione.9412

@uberkingkong.8041 said:GW2 NEEDS....Something to indicate zone is full when looking at squads or parties in LFG window.

not really, we just need to have something like a strike, a public version and a squad version.

a squad version require a commander to create the instance.you have to be in squad to join, if you aren't in a squad or got kicked by the commander (for afk leeching, etc), you will get booted to the public instance

squad lieutenants should have on their heads, just a smaller version of commander tag, and visible on mini mapPS: nerf the size of apple tags on mini map and world map, it's too big

It's been happening for the labyrinth maps, but it's also a problem for other meta maps, like SW and Drizzlewood. While a squad will automatically be removed from LFG if the squad hits full, it can go up into LFG and stay there if the map hits full.

It would be nice to see LFGs automatically removed, and also unlistable, when a map is full.

Relatedly, it would be nice for the comm to get:

1. an automated message to tell them that the squad has been delisted, irrespective of which trigger.
  2. an automated message informing them that they can relist in LFG.

Well, yes, but no. I experienced it often that I want to join some map via LFG, and the map was full. But after some/many attempts it finally worked then becauce some player left the map there. So it was good to keep the LFG entry. Some indicator for full maps would be some wild blinking party light then.

@Hesione.9412 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:Can a mod please merge the threads?

Yes, I did not open the "GW2 NEEDS THIS" thread. I only open threads with self-explanatory titles.

yeah, your thread title is more explanatory, the other one is a bit fluff, but same topic, so mod should merge the two's posts ;)

I like the idea of colour coding it. (Or something similar, add an icon, move it into a different section of the list etc. whatever Anet can do to mark groups in full maps.)

I agree that removing them entirely would be impractical because people come and go all the time and some of them might not even be members of the squad so the commander would never know to re-list it. Plus having to keep checking and re-listing the squad would waste a lot of time.

But it would be helpful if there was something that let me see which groups are currently on full maps. Even if those markers also keep coming and going as the population changes - that would still be useful because it lets me know if I keep trying I might get in.

@Friday.7864 said:Commanders have much better things to do than keep re-adding their squad to LFG each time a few people leave the map instance.

We also manually re-add our LFG when our squad decreases. On maps like DWC I get: put group in LFG, people join so it hits 50, is automatically unlisted, squad drops to - say - 42, I relist, rinse and repeat.

I also change the LFG text to reflect what is happening in a meta map, e.g. changing the count everytime a point is capped in DWC. Updating map progress in SW.Having 8 people join, and 6 tell me the map is full, is annoying for all concerned. At that point I delist and keep the extras in squad, hoping they can spam in at some point.

If I can't get into a map with any group listed, I stay on my map, tag up, and go into LFG. There's multiple maps and multiple people trying to get into maps. There's no need for people to keep trying to get into the one map.

@Hesione.9412 said:

@Friday.7864 said:Commanders have much better things to do than keep re-adding their squad to LFG each time a few people leave the map instance.

We also manually re-add our LFG when our squad decreases. On maps like DWC I get: put group in LFG, people join so it hits 50, is automatically unlisted, squad drops to - say - 42, I relist, rinse and repeat.

I also change the LFG text to reflect what is happening in a meta map, e.g. changing the count everytime a point is capped in DWC. Updating map progress in SW.Having 8 people join, and 6 tell me the map is full, is annoying for all concerned. At that point I delist and keep the extras in squad, hoping they can spam in at some point.

If I can't get into a map with any group listed, I stay on my map, tag up, and go into LFG. There's multiple maps and multiple people trying to get into maps. There's no need for people to keep trying to get into the one map.

If you wanna delist your own squad feel free to do so, but please stop trying to impose your habits on others. No one should have the right to remove other people's LFG entries. Marking them as full and moving them to the bottom of the list is an excellent compromise if they ever implement something like this. And when enough people leave the map it can move back up on its own. Micromanaging LFG while I'm in the middle of something is the last thing I want to do as a comm.

@Hoover.6394 said:Kinda of frustrating to have to go through a huge list of the Halloween parties and won’t be able to join them anyway. I don’t know how it works exactly, but why can’t the game hide the ones that’s already full? And only show the ones you can actually join?

Please use the search function before posting. There have been two recent posts about the same topic. My opinion on this matter can be found in one of them.

@Hoover.6394 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Because LFG has nothing to do with how full an instance is. Its supposed to be visible across all. This is up to players to moderate.

Wouldn’t be great if there’s a filter option to hide full instance?

Oh yea, we haven't been suggesting filters and ways to join servers without spamming taxis at all, yet.

No offense to you, but if anet had the slightest interest in fixing the megaservers they would've done that 13 years ago